Author Topic: 'Time Blind'  (Read 495 times)

Offline Kamaji

'Time Blind'
« on: July 17, 2023, 03:43:00 pm »
Weekend Parting Shot: A Gen Z Woman Is ’Time Blind,' CNN’s New Program Is in the Ratings Toilet, and a Message From a Reader

BY LINCOLN BROWN
JULY 14, 2023

Pardon me, Madam, but do you have the time?
Only a few people know that I am slightly hearing-impaired. It isn’t serious, just the result of various occupations I have held over the years. I don’t consider it a disability since I have hearing aids. They seem to be a bit overpowered since when I first got them, I walked down the street and marveled at how well I could hear. I passed various houses and could hear who was fighting and who… well, who was not fighting. We’ll leave it at that.

When I was 14, I separated my iliac crest and was wheelchair-bound for about a month. Years later, during a pack test for firefighting, I injured myself. I’m not sure what happened, but it felt like a thermonuclear case of shin splints. I ended up in the ER and could not walk for a week and a half. I then spent over a month walking with a cane, and it took me five minutes just to step up on a curb. Forget stairs. I healed up, but I still drag one foot now and then. I never considered myself disabled, but those two incidents were brushes with disability and helped me form a healthy respect for people who live with those issues. You cannot be disabled and be a wuss.

With that in mind, I submit the following video. I’ll just let the evidence speak for itself.

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1679768866786869248

Okay, two things. One, yes young lady, you are entitled. Second, the word you are looking for is not “time blind.” “Lazy,” comes to mind; see also: “thoughtless,” “careless,” and possibly “egocentric.” Being time blind is apparently Gen Z’s code for “I am the center of the universe.” The tears in her eyes say it all. Just out of curiosity, Miss, if you called an ambulance and the crew arrived just as you were on the edge of coding out, would you accept time blindness as an excuse? Nah. Didn’t think so. The ratios from people who are not time blind swiftly arrived and included:

Source:  https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/lincolnbrown/2023/07/14/weekend-parting-shot-a-gen-z-woman-is-time-blind-cnns-new-program-is-in-the-ratings-toilet-and-a-message-from-a-reader-n1710815

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: 'Time Blind'
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2023, 12:49:28 am »
Mrs. Liberty is time blind, whenever we need to get out of the Castillo to go into town.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2023, 01:13:52 am »
Mrs. Liberty is time blind, whenever we need to get out of the Castillo to go into town.

Reminds me of the "Everybody Loves Raymond" episode when Debra isn't ready and Ray leaves and goes to the award show without her....meanwhile she gets a curling iron stuck in her hair.  :silly:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2023, 01:21:18 am »
The event that girl described in the video, I would be willing to bet that it never happened.

It sounds like something directly from the neurodiversity social media cliques that demand workplace accommodations for everything. (For the record, "time blindness" is a symptom most commonly associated with ADHD.)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2023, 01:44:03 am »
The obvious solution is for her to be self-employed.  That way, she's her own boss and can be as late as she wants.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2023, 01:48:56 am »
The obvious solution is for her to be self-employed.  That way, she's her own boss and can be as late as she wants.

She is probably a Feminist Art History Major....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2023, 06:38:02 am »
This sounds like cultural appropriation to me, specifically Indian time.

Noun. (Americas, uncountable, sometimes derogatory, slang) A notional system of time which others sometimes derogatorily ascribe to Indians (Native Americans), and which they sometimes jocularly ascribe to themselves, to account for their supposed tendency to be leisurely, not rigorous about scheduling, and often tardy ...