Author Topic: Wow, Just Wow – Presidential Candidate Mike Pence Says a Collapsing USA is Not His Concern, Supporti  (Read 4036 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
How do you know this?

It was in front of him, but Pence broke existing law and ignored the objections to be raised by at least one Senator and one Representative to send the objection to the full Congress for debate.  This is all his hat needed.

Except this would have had nothing to do with Pence's own judgement.  Pence did substitute his judgment for law the moment he shut down debate on objections to submitted tallies and the opportunity for review and recertification from state legislatures.

Do you consider the new law codifying election fraud into Congressional processes a screwing?

This is still wrong.  As you know, but refuse to admit, no case and no evidence ever saw the light of day of a courtroom, a judge and a jury.

Not if he believed we are a nation of laws and free and fair elections are a birthright of each American citizen worth protecting.

@Right_in_Virginia

You're truly a TBR Treasure!    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Okay, I get it.  You guys are joined at the hip.

No problem.

LOL! OK! If you say so! In the past, I have had plenty of dustups with her but she happens to be right on this matter.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

LOL! OK! If you say so! In the past, I have had plenty of dustups with her but she happens to be right on this matter.

Pence didn't do his job. He had every opportunity to do so.  IMHO he was in on the insurrection and knew of the plan long beforehand.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Pence didn't do his job. He had every opportunity to do so.

Um...what job are you saying he did not do?  Is this "he didn't allow a vote and debate on the Cruz and Hawley objections" again?

Because he did.

There was talk on January 6, during and shortly after the riot, that the debate and objections would be skipped and the ballots simply counted.  But in the end, that idea was rejected.  Both houses of Congress debated and voted on the objections, as they came up, in accordance with the law.

It was literally on TV, the votes are recorded, and neither Hawley nor Cruz has ever claimed that their objections were not voted upon.  You can search and see the C-Span clips of the actual voting on the Cruz and Hawley objections.

Anyone who tells you otherwise is either a fool or liar.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2023, 02:44:35 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum