Author Topic: Tucker Carlson to host GOP presidential primary forum with 5 candidates  (Read 2552 times)

Online Kamaji

Tucker Carlson to host GOP presidential primary forum with 5 candidates

By Victor Nava
July 10, 2023

Former Fox News host Tucker Carlson will host a Republican presidential primary forum in Iowa on Friday that will include five candidates, according to Blaze Media.

The forum will notably not include the 2024 GOP front-runner, former President Donald Trump, who has indicated he is considering skipping debates because of his double-digit lead in the polls.

“Blaze Media is teaming up with THE FAMiLY LEADER to bring you the first presidential forum of the 2024 Republican Primary season, hosted by Tucker Carlson,” the media outlet wrote in a tweet on Monday. 

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy, Sen. Tim Scott (R-SC) and former Vice President Mike Pence will participate in the forum, which will be held at the Family Leadership Summit in Des Moines, Iowa, on July 14.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/07/10/tucker-carlson-to-host-2024-gop-presidential-primary-forum/

Online Kamaji

Trump's too chickenshit to go on Tucker?

Wow.  Donald Trump:  Hiden like Biden.

Offline Idiot

Trump's too chickenshit to go on Tucker?

Wow.  Donald Trump:  Hiden like Biden.
That was my first thought as well.   @Right_in_Virginia

Online libertybele

Trump would rather do rallies and run a smear campaign.  I think he knows he's already toast.  Polls haven't been accurate for a very long time.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Trump would rather do rallies and run a smear campaign.  I think he knows he's already toast.  Polls haven't been accurate for a very long time.
Rallies are great and all for firing up the base, which won't be enough to win(especially since they don't need anyone that questions Der Leader). If you can't, or are afraid to present and defend your ideas against those of your own party how will you defend them against the democrat opponent, or convince enough that they should vote for you?

Online libertybele

Rallies are great and all for firing up the base, which won't be enough to win(especially since they don't need anyone that questions Der Leader). If you can't, or are afraid to present and defend your ideas against those of your own party how will you defend them against the democrat opponent, or convince enough that they should vote for you?

The DEMS are trying to keep Brandon around as long as possible.  They will make some quick maneuvers and run Michael, Jarret or Rice at the last minute.  If Trump is the nominee, the GOP will lose.  I honestly feel with DeSantis the GOP at least has a chance.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Trump's left turn can't be hidden for long.

The orange turd just won't understand how he lost the general after his approval rating among conservatives goes underwater.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Right_in_Virginia

That was my first thought as well.   @Right_in_Virginia

Congratulations!  How wonderful ---- You were bound to have one sooner or later   

Thanks for sharing.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Congratulations!  How wonderful ---- You were bound to have one sooner or later   

Thanks for sharing.

@Right_in_Virginia

And thanks for sharing the glaring omission and fact that Tumpy is showing more of a yelow than orange hue of late.  I will hand it to him that his Biden tactics might just work.  Tell your boy to take part in this forum, explain Freedom Cities, and stop hiding behind silly over estmated attended rallies.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia

And thanks for sharing the glaring omission and fact that Tumpy is showing more of a yelow than orange hue of late. 

Oh, FFS.  Why would Trump interrupt the race for second place?  One of them could end up his VP ---  he needs to assess them perform under pressure.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 04:50:08 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Oh, FFS.  Why the hell would Trump interrupt the race for second place?  One of them could end up his VP ---  he needs to assess them under pressure.

From my POV, accepting the VPOTUS candidacy slot under Trump in '24 will be the equivlancy of political suicide.  Notice how well it worked out for Pence?

Smart pols will run from his ass.

Online Kamaji

@Right_in_Virginia

And thanks for sharing the glaring omission and fact that Tumpy is showing more of a yelow than orange hue of late.  I will hand it to him that his Biden tactics might just work.  Tell your boy to take part in this forum, explain Freedom Cities, and stop hiding behind silly over estmated attended rallies.

You're right.  He is becoming a yellow-bellied, lily-livered coward.

Online Right_in_Virginia

From my POV, accepting the VPOTUS candidacy slot under Trump in '24 will be the equivlancy of political suicide.

Good for you and thanks for sharing  :shrug:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Tucker is in the tank for Trump, and will go really hard against DeSantis for that reason.  I personally consider Tucker a wildly dishonest, but also very clever at manipulation stories/narratives, so it is sort of a no-win scenario for anyone he targets on a candidate forum where he has sole control.  But DeSantis can't really refuse not to go, so he's stuck.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 05:59:33 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline LMAO

Oh, FFS.  Why would Trump interrupt the race for second place?  One of them could end up his VP ---  he needs to assess them perform under pressure.

Lol…Oh please.

Both GHWB and Reagan slugged it out in a primary debate and Reagan still picked GHWB for VP. The same for Biden and Harris

The reality is Trump is hiding. Being the front runner for now, he knows he’ll be put on the defensive by the other candidates who’ll confront him on his record and current positions

« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 06:15:49 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Kamaji

Tucker is in the tank for Trump, and will go really hard against DeSantis for that reason.  I personally consider Tucker a wildly dishonest, but also very clever at manipulation stories/narratives, so it is sort of a no-win scenario for anyone he targets on a candidate forum where he has sole control.  But DeSantis can't really refuse not to go, so he's stuck.

Which makes Trump's chickenshit response all that more curious, and telling.

Online libertybele

No DeSantis can't back down, he's already committed.  As for Carlson, I believe you are correct, he'll go hard on DeSantis.  If DeSantis shines in the first debate perhaps it'll be a wake up call for some Trump supporters. I've never watched Carlson much, but I'll be sure to tune into this debate.  I'm also quite certain that Trump will be watching.

Offline mountaineer

Tucker may like Trump, but he's not "in the tank." I appreciate that he offers a forum for those willing to tell us why they deserve our vote.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
No DeSantis can't back down, he's already committed.  As for Carlson, I believe you are correct, he'll go hard on DeSantis.  If DeSantis shines in the first debate perhaps it'll be a wake up call for some Trump supporters. I've never watched Carlson much, but I'll be sure to tune into this debate.  I'm also quite certain that Trump will be watching.

Tucker has a very definite POV on Ukraine, so it will be interesting to see how the various candidates respond to that.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
My guess is that Mr. Ramaswamy will benefit the most from this forum...

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
My guess is that Mr. Ramaswamy will benefit the most from this forum...

He's President Trump's 'Secret Weapon'...so secret, not even HE might realize.

Rama knows he's not presidential timber right now.  But outshining other contenders should come natural to him.

Keeps President Trump from having to talk about their wives, etc.. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Right_in_Virginia

Carlson will be doing six individual interviews with the candidates currently competing for number two.  I'm sure Trump, who gives one-on-one interviews on nearly a daily basis, will have his one-on-one interview with Carlson --- without chaos and as the frontrunner.  Patience.

Former Fox News host Tucker Carlson will host a forum on Friday with six Republican presidential candidates. The event in Iowa, announced Monday by Blaze Media, will feature Carlson speaking “‘one-on-one’ to various GOP primary contenders, including Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, former Vice President Mike Pence, former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley, author and entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy, U.S. Sen. Tim Scott of South Carolina, and former Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson,” the conservative media company said.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/tucker-carlson-will-host-gop-presidential-forumwithout-donald-trump

Online libertybele

He's President Trump's 'Secret Weapon'...so secret, not even HE might realize.

Rama knows he's not presidential timber right now.  But outshining other contenders should come natural to him.

Keeps President Trump from having to talk about their wives, etc..

He has no record.  All the other candidates at least have some kind of political experience and a voting record.  So Ramsy will try to outhsine them on persuading people that he is honest with his intentions.  Another Soros pawn, like O'Bammy in the making.  God help us.

Offline mountaineer

Apparently, Tucker has been talking to various candidates at some sort of gathering.

JUST IN: Tucker Carlson laughs in Mike Pence's face for being reluctant to agree that the U.S. should get rid of electronic voting machines.

https://twitter.com/CollinRugg/status/1679909780046110720

Also, Ukraine.

https://twitter.com/ericmmatheny/status/1679914258581028887
« Last Edit: July 14, 2023, 06:03:55 pm by mountaineer »

Offline mountaineer

Tucker also spoke to Tim Scott about Ukraine.

Tucker grills Tim Scott on Ukraine conflict: "Why not force a peace? They are a client state of the United States. Without American backing, there's kind of no Ukraine. We're literally paying the salaries of their bureaucrats."

https://twitter.com/theblaze/status/1679868283753754624