Author Topic: Tucker Carlson to host GOP presidential primary forum with 5 candidates  (Read 2553 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
And you're different...how?

I'm asking that because you ascribed to me the idea that I see myself as "better.". So how is what you are saying any different?

Because that's the way you come across. At least to me. Sorry if that offends you but it is the truth.

And now the subject has been changed to personalities instead of what it originally was.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 02:38:58 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
FWIW, I think Tucker Carlson is doing a darned good job of breaking through the spin and getting to some actual points. The fact that he isn't following the media script bothers me NOT ONE BIT!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Because that's the way you come across. At least to me. Sorry if that offends you but it is the truth.

And now the subject has been changed to personalities instead of what it originally was.

Oh, in terms of actual doing research and reading beyond headlines, I absolutely do think I'm "better" than the average voter.  That's not really saying much, unfortunately.  Getting news from tweets, blurbs, and soundbites is far more common than it should be.   Critical reading/listening has become something of a lost art.

If that makes me sound arrogant or smug, I'm okay with that.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 02:59:29 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

Oh, in terms of actual doing research and reading beyond headlines, I absolutely do think I'm "better" than the average voter.  That's not really saying much, unfortunately.  Getting news from tweets, blurbs, and soundbites is far more common than it should be.   Critical reading/listening has become something of a lost art.

If that makes me sound arrogant or smug, I'm okay with that.

With the internet these days it should be fairly easy to 'research' a particular candidate and how they vote, look up their backgrounds, etc.  I'd say that the vast majority don't bother.  The problem arises when a candidate such as Ramsy has no voting record and his earlier background for the most part doesn't exist.  What does come up is his neither of his parents were born in this country and his connection to Soros (which should be a red flag for many).

A simple quick internet check is easy enough to do though IMO it is important to try to look up info on sites that are not known to be liberal.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.