Author Topic: Tucker Carlson to host GOP presidential primary forum with 5 candidates  (Read 2550 times)

Offline mountaineer

Emerald Robinson
@EmeraldRobinson
It looks like @BlazeTV conspired with Tucker Carlson to decimate the field of lame GOP candidates by setting up this debate — it’s simply a massacre of the GOP donors and their pets.
3:10 PM · Jul 14, 2023
---------------------------
Some on twitter think he went easy on Haley.  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

So, Tucker Carlson wants to lose the 2024 election to the democrats.  Pretty clear now.

Offline mountaineer

Carlson certainly is asking the questions no reporter ever will ask of Dementia Joe. Kudos for that.
Tucker: Are you concerned about Central Bank Digital Currencies?

DeSantis: "They want to get rid of cash. They want no cryptocurrency. They want this to be the sole form of legal tender. It will allow them to prohibit undesirable purchases like fuel and ammunition. So, the minute you give them the power to do this, they will impose a social credit system on this country. CBDC is a massive threat to American liberty. On January 20, 2025, it goes to the ash heap of history in this country."

https://twitter.com/KanekoaTheGreat/status/1679977084817661952

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I just finished watching DeSantis. I think he did well. Vivek and DeSantis are the only two who came out of this in better shape than they came in.

Offline Idiot

TUCKER to Vivek: "How do you think the country's doing?". (Video)

https://twitter.com/theblaze/status/1679957682994794497
@Right_in_Virginia Thank you so much for posting these clips!  I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Offline libertybele

I just finished watching DeSantis. I think he did well. Vivek and DeSantis are the only two who came out of this in better shape than they came in.

I missed it, but I did watch the short clip above and though his character and personality came shining through.  Go Ron!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.

I missed it, but I did watch the short clip above and though his character and personality came shining through.  Go Ron!

I listened to a replay of the DeSantis interview. He was solid; heads and shoulders above the rest of the group.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Emerald Robinson
@EmeraldRobinson
It looks like @BlazeTV conspired with Tucker Carlson to decimate the field of lame GOP candidates by setting up this debate — it’s simply a massacre of the GOP donors and their pets.
3:10 PM · Jul 14, 2023

Emerald Robinson is a nutbag.

Offline mountaineer

100% agree with you.  Poor Pence had might as well fly home, it's over for him.
That seems to be the consensus.

Online Polly Ticks

100% agree with you.  Poor Pence had might as well fly home, it's over for him.

I see what you did there.  :laugh:

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Maj. Bill Martin

Tucker also spoke to Tim Scott about Ukraine.

Tucker grills Tim Scott on Ukraine conflict: "Why not force a peace? They are a client state of the United States. Without American backing, there's kind of no Ukraine. We're literally paying the salaries of their bureaucrats."

Well, Tucker made his motivations crystal clear.   No American backing, no Ukraine.  Just a much bigger and wealthier Russia.  Exactly as he wants it.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The winner today was Vivek.  He answered the questions asked and they were crisp, with lots of specifics. Vivek also showed that "fire in the belly" --- that "something" that gets people to stop and listen to him again and then seek him out.  My quick take is Vivek will be on his way to number two in the polls if he stays on this track.

DeSantis needed a breakout moment, and that never came.  His answers were speech snippets and too vague ---- with the question itself often left unaddressed.  He needed to be live and in the moment to give people a chance to say "Aha, this is the lightening in a bottle we've not seen before".  Instead, Ron came across scripted and passionless --- over prepared;  which may be the best he's capable of in these settings.

@Right_in_Virginia Thank you so much for posting these clips!  I thoroughly enjoyed it.

You're most welcome.

Offline mountaineer

Tull disclosure: This tweeter is pro-DeSantis:
John Cardillo
@johncardillo
That awkward moment when you find old @VivekGRamaswamy tweets condemning Trump for J6 as Team Trump elevates Vivek. Is Vivek honest about anything?
9:54 PM · Jul 14, 2023

Offline mountaineer

Steve Deace, of event sponsor The Blaze, tweets:
Steve Deace
@SteveDeaceShow
Quick reactions I’m getting after #FLS23: Tremendous event overall. One VIP said, “This proved we no longer need Trump to have a big time event or feel.” Vivek considered best overall communicator. DeSantis came off as strongest overall candidate. Rave reviews for Tucker.
7:43 PM · Jul 14, 2023

Tull disclosure: This tweeter is pro-DeSantis:
John Cardillo
@johncardillo
That awkward moment when you find old @VivekGRamaswamy tweets condemning Trump for J6 as Team Trump elevates Vivek. Is Vivek honest about anything?
9:54 PM · Jul 14, 2023

And Cardillo had to dig long and deep to find it ---- from 48 hours after the protest.  :laugh:

Team DeSantis is not pleased with Vivek's rise, understandably.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 12:40:21 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
People are NOT stupid! They have an innate ability to sort wheat from chaff when allowed to see ALL of the facts!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

LOOLOL!  How many people do think actually watched this or actually care?  So to say there were winners or losers in an event that hardly anyone watched is ridiculous.

Obviously, the kid who made the video watched it .....and you cared enough to comment.  So, there is this.   :shrug:

Online Maj. Bill Martin

Trump is scared $hitless to be interviewed by Tucker, heck Tucker might actually ask him a tough question.  Trump would get all huffy and storm off.

I think Tucker would toss him the softest softballs imaginable.

He didn't go because there was no beedor reason for him to go.  His goal was accomplished simply by having Tucker trash non-Trump candidates, and none of Trump's own supporters will care that he didn't go.   

Online Maj. Bill Martin

People are NOT stupid! They have an innate ability to sort wheat from chaff when allowed to see ALL of the facts!

The point is that very few people will take the time and effort to find all the facts, and to read them for themselves.  They reach opinions based largely on just reading headlines, and what they hear other people say.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The point is that very few people will take the time and effort to find all the facts, and to read them for themselves.  They reach opinions based largely on just reading headlines, and what they hear other people say.

Yeah! That's always and forever the response you get from those who consider themselves "Better"!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Maj. Bill Martin

Yeah! That's always and forever the response you get from those who consider themselves "Better"!

Do you disagree with my point?  Do you think most people actually do all the research, read past the headlines etc.?

I should have added to my post that it is impossible to read "ALL" the facts on every subject that matters anyway.  Just way too many media sources and issues to read everything about all of them even if you did nothing else.

But at the barest minimum, people should at least read past the headlines to the actual articles of the stuff they do have time to read.  If they're not going to do at least that, then they'd be better off just ignoring the headlines in the first place.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 02:07:04 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Do you disagree with my point?  Do you think most people actually do all the research, read past the headlines etc.?

I should have added to my post that it is impossible to read "ALL" the facts on every subject that matters anyway.  Just way too many media sources and issues to read everything about all of them even if you did nothing else.

But at the barest minimum, people should at least read past the headlines to the actual articles of the stuff they do have time to read.  If they're not going to do at least that, then they'd be better off just ignoring the headlines in the first place.

The PROBLEM is that people rarely see actual FACTS on any subject! They generally get media spin instead.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Maj. Bill Martin

The PROBLEM is that people rarely see actual FACTS on any subject! They generally get media spin instead.

And you're different...how?

I'm asking that because you ascribed to me the idea that I see myself as "better.". So how is what you are saying any different?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 02:30:27 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »