Author Topic: NBC Poll: U.S. Troops at Border to Dismantle Drug Trade, Illegal Immigration GOP’s Most Popular Poli  (Read 145 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NBC Poll: U.S. Troops at Border to Dismantle Drug Trade, Illegal Immigration GOP’s Most Popular Policy Among 2024 Voters

JOHN BINDER28 Jun 202353

Deploying United States Armed Forces to the nation’s southern border to combat drug trafficking and cut illegal immigration is the most popular policy position that GOP presidential primary candidates can take, an NBC News poll reveals.

Among general election voters, NBC News tested a number of policy positions taken by Republican presidential candidates. The leading issue that garnered the most support: Sending troops to the U.S.-Mexico border to fight the drug trade and illegal immigration.

About 55 percent of general election voters said they would be more likely to back a candidate for president who supported sending troops to the border to stop drug trafficking. Less than 3-in-10 said they would be less likely to support a candidate holding this position.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/06/28/nbc-poll-u-s-troops-at-border-to-dismantle-drug-trade-illegal-immigration-gops-most-popular-policy-among-2024-voters/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson