Author Topic: BREAKING>>Trump indicted on the document scandal  (Read 9801 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: BREAKING>>Trump indicted on the document scandal
« Reply #125 on: June 10, 2023, 12:56:52 am »
I've always believed and relied on Dershowitz's knowledge and accuracy of the law.

He has made a claim to damaging evidence.  I don't expect that Trump is going to escape these charges unscathed nor the 34 other charges against him. 

I think MAGA needs to be prepared and yes, most of this is a witch hunt, but I'll go with what Dershowitz said; some is very damaging.  That damaging evidence is on Trump.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #126 on: June 10, 2023, 12:57:27 am »
Robert Barnes
@barnes_law

Any executive branch document created before or during a Presidency is the President's to do with as he pleases. That's the point of The Presidential Records Act. It has to be that way to keep Constitutional power in the hands of the only elected official of the executive branch.

7:26 PM · Jun 9, 2023
Your candidate screwed up big time.  He's toast.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #127 on: June 10, 2023, 01:02:01 am »
Trump needs to drop out of the race, but he won't.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #128 on: June 10, 2023, 01:07:24 am »

That's just on the 7 charges in the indictment; remember he was indicted on 34 other charges. 

I expect that he will be prosecuted.  To what extent is anyone's guess, but I think that they'll give him the maximum on as many charges as they can make stick.

He knew that they would be going after him .... bragging is in his character, but definitely not to his advantage.

I still consider this a witch hunt, but the recordings and bragging are damaging.

Things are not looking good for him.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

« Reply #129 on: June 10, 2023, 01:08:34 am »
   I guess Nixon would come close to DJT, as far as paranoid, egomaniac 'X' Presidents go. 
   He backed down twice; in the 60 election against JFK and the aftermath of Watergate. 
   Trump ain't no Nixon.   
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #130 on: June 10, 2023, 01:08:59 am »
Jack Poso
@JackPosobiec

Whole case comes down to Presidential Records Act. Can’t have any conspiracy, obstruction, etc if no underlying crime. What he said doesn’t matter, the boxes don’t matter, discussing moving or destruction doesn’t matter 🍌

5:09 PM · Jun 9, 2023

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #131 on: June 10, 2023, 01:11:40 am »

I still consider this a witch hunt, but the recordings and bragging are damaging.

Jack Poso
@JackPosobiec

Whole case comes down to Presidential Records Act. Can’t have any conspiracy, obstruction, etc if no underlying crime. What he said doesn’t matter, the boxes don’t matter, discussing moving or destruction doesn’t matter 🍌

Offline Idiot

« Reply #132 on: June 10, 2023, 01:12:29 am »
Jack Poso
@JackPosobiec

It sure says a lot about Trump's character, or lack thereof.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #133 on: June 10, 2023, 01:14:49 am »

Slow down and consider the alternative: ---- You get the fascist federal government you are counting on.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2023, 01:30:13 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #134 on: June 10, 2023, 01:17:54 am »
   I guess Nixon would come close to DJT, as far as paranoid, egomaniac 'X' Presidents go. 
   He backed down twice; in the 60 election against JFK and the aftermath of Watergate. 
   Trump ain't no Nixon.

No Trump is still lucid.  Nixon started to mentally lose it (at least that is what was rumored).

I don't expect Trump to back down; unless mentally this takes such a toll on him he has no choice.

Online corbe

« Reply #135 on: June 10, 2023, 01:19:51 am »
   Since the Prosecutor will convince Judge Canon that they can't provide most of the evidence because it would harm National Security, I'd say there's a reason why most Lawyers won't touch that.

Stay Tuned for future episodes.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #136 on: June 10, 2023, 01:27:30 am »
Mark R. Levin
@marklevinshow

Importantly, the Presidential Records Act has NO criminal penalty because the Congress and Carter had no intention of criminalizing document retention matters.  And never before has the 1917 Espionage Act was never even discussed as applying to a former president.  There is no justification for criminalizing this matter against Trump.

6:28 PM · Jun 9, 2023

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #137 on: June 10, 2023, 02:13:05 am »
Mark R. Levin
@marklevinshow

Importantly, the Presidential Records Act has NO criminal penalty because the Congress and Carter had no intention of criminalizing document retention matters.  And never before has the 1917 Espionage Act was never even discussed as applying to a former president.  There is no justification for criminalizing this matter against Trump.

6:28 PM · Jun 9, 2023

I'm pretty darned sure I said much the same a few pages back @Right_in_Virginia
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #138 on: June 10, 2023, 04:31:59 am »
Continued prayers for Trump.  He's going to need them; praying that he has the physical and mental stamina needed to face this ordeal.

@libertybele
Are you kidding? He LIVES for this sort of thing. All it will do is get him more determined to kick butt  and shout names.

Prayers up for the Trump family as well; especially Barron and Melania.  This can't be easy on them.

I'm with ya on that one.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #139 on: June 10, 2023, 04:50:17 am »
@sneakypete
IIRC the recordings did not take place while he was President rather they took place afterwards and that is a whole other issue.

@libertybele   My short-term memory sucks thanks to chemo brain,but HOW would he have been able to get his hands on them after he had left office?

IF he doesn't have a good defense and attorneys prepare yourself for him actually being sentenced.

Oh,he WILL have good attorneys,there can be no doubt  about that. The problem is likely to be he will want and insist on talking for himself,and you just can NOT do that sort of thing and be emotional in a Kangaroo court with  the odds already stacked against you.

Lord only knows what the reaction is going to be from the country.  Yes, past president have done similar things -- but remember, they are not the ones under indictment. 

We are all political junkies,and a VERY small percentage of the adult population. Add to that the FACT that the left controls 90+ percent of the media and  100 percent of the broadcast media,and it makes no difference what he or his lawyer says or th e quality  of the "evidence" used against him.

MOST people,including  most  career politicians would wimper and fold if facing a situation like this,but I honestly think that Trump loves it to death.

It is a basic part of human nature for us all to THINK  that everyone else thinks like we do and will agree with us,but this is not true in cases like this,so being bombastic will probablhplay in his favor with the non-dedicated Dim public.

NOT saying he is going to win because I honestly don't have a clue,but he was born to deal with drama like this. It keeps a smile on his face once the red from the anger fades.

Most of us can see that this is being done to prevent him from running; something that I expected.  The left will not stop until he either steps away from running or is behind bars.

I agree,but this is where the left made their mistake. They thought he would just "fold" like most of the innocent people they persecute,but he LOVES this sort of Biden.

I really think that MOST of the general public that pay any attention at all to the court drama that will emerge from this will be rooting for Trump.

ONLY the fools from the left can make a bombastic meglamanic/attention whore and turn him into a sympathic figure to the GENERAL PUBLIC.

Given the left's proven ability to steal votes and just create them out of thin air at the last moment,there is no  guarantee that he will win,but this will give him a chance to gave some more support.

AND.....,it  should be noted that he is already has a YUGE lead in the polls already. Which I KNOW is bound to make some "Miss Manners" heads here explode,but just be aware that heart pumps urine  for you "Miss Manners idiots."

Let's just hope it is all televised.

I think we can count on that. The network masters may had Trump because  he is standing in the way of "World Wide Gooberment,Inc",but they are going to LOVE the ratings and increased advertising fees they can get from airing it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #140 on: June 10, 2023, 04:56:12 am »
He wasn't president at that time.

@DB

OK,"ex-president",then.

Makes no difference because every ex-president in the history of the US has done the same or similar things.

Damn shame that Trump is the "shy and retiring kind of Presdient that hates conflicts",huh?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2023, 04:58:15 am by sneakypete »

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #141 on: June 10, 2023, 09:45:35 am »
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline DB

« Reply #142 on: June 10, 2023, 03:21:55 pm »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #143 on: June 10, 2023, 03:24:36 pm »
Gives  ya the "warm  and  fuzzies" to post that,doesn't it,comrade?

Ever stop to wonder WHY Trump is the only  former President in US history  to be charged with a crime for doing what every other US  President in history has done?

Of  course it hasn't

Offline LMAO

« Reply #144 on: June 10, 2023, 03:31:17 pm »
I bet he blew up at them, blamed them for not stopping the indictment, and refused to pay their bills.

:pootrump:

If history is any guide…
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #145 on: June 10, 2023, 03:32:03 pm »
Wow! A wee bit of irony there...

Lol

A little bit
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #146 on: June 10, 2023, 06:03:12 pm »
I'm pretty darned sure I said much the same a few pages back @Right_in_Virginia

Yes, you did @Bigun   Sorry, I missed it.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #147 on: June 10, 2023, 06:10:12 pm »
 pointing-down  Jesse Watters does a pretty good job here -----

"Joe Biden is having Donald Trump ARRESTED! But, EVERYONE has the law wrong!" (Video)

https://twitter.com/JesseBWatters/status/1667323188722962433

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
« Reply #148 on: June 11, 2023, 12:04:59 am »
the use of the word EVERYONE......is a red flag  ....HEY....  EVERYBODY knows

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #149 on: June 11, 2023, 12:09:47 am »
the use of the word EVERYONE......is a red flag  ....HEY....  EVERYBODY knows

@MeshugeMikey

Did  your comrades over at "Huff and Puff and suck the man down" tell you to post that?