Author Topic: ‘Pride’ is Nothing to Celebrate  (Read 138 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Pride’ is Nothing to Celebrate
« on: June 03, 2023, 08:40:02 pm »
June 2, 2023
‘Pride’ is Nothing to Celebrate
By Trevor Thomas

In his seminal work Mere Christianity, the great Christian apologist C.S. Lewis describes “pride” as “the Great Sin,” “the essential vice,” “the utmost evil.” Lewis concludes,

Unchastity, anger, greed, drunkenness, and all that, are mere flea bites in comparison; it was through Pride that the devil became the devil; Pride leads to every other vice; it is the complete anti-God state of mind.

Thus, I suppose it is rather fitting that the “official” celebration of the evil LGBT agenda is called “Pride Month.” Few things today more encompass the wretched display of pride than what is exhibited when those under the throes of the LGBT agenda are unashamedly and boldly “out of the closet.”

Why was it -- as this is typically no longer the case -- that those with homosexual attractions had to come “out of the closet?” It was because to act on those attractions was often illegal, and -- or at least -- typically frowned upon by society at large. Why was homosexual behavior so stigmatized? Because it was once largely (and rightly) viewed as “unnatural” and immoral.

It is important to note that things are not -- or should not be -- immoral because they are illegal, they are -- or should be -- illegal because they are immoral. And this is not to say that all immoral things should be illegal. The biggest achievement of the LGBT agenda has not been the reversal of U.S. laws that deemed homosexual behavior illegal, but rather a sea-change in the views on homosexuality in the American culture at large.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2023/06/pride_is_nothing_to_celebrate.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson