Author Topic: Former Equinox employee fired after showing up late 47 times during 10-month stint awarded $11.25 mi  (Read 237 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Former Equinox employee fired after showing up late 47 times during 10-month stint awarded $11.25 million in racial discrimination case
NEWS
JOSEPH MACKINNONJune 01, 2023
Michael Nagle/Bloomberg via Getty Images

A woman allegedly fired for showing up late 47 times during her brief 10-month stint managing personal trainers at an Upper East Side gym in New York is poised to become a multimillionaire.

Robynn Europe, a black 39-year-old, was awarded $10 million in punitive damages and $1.25 million for alleged distress by a New York City jury comprising five women and three men in a racial discrimination case against Equinox, reported the New York Times.

The former Oberlin College art student worked for Equinox from 2018 until 2019. Initially hired as a fitness manager, she was quickly promoted to personal training manager.

Ten months into her tenure at the club, Equinox canned the manager, citing her consistent tardiness.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/former-equinox-employee-fired-after-showing-up-late-47-times-during-10-month-stint-awarded-1125-million-in-racial-discrimination-case
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Bein' "on time" is "a white thing"...