Author Topic: Kari Lake to DeSantis: Stay in Florida, man, for 2024 presidential race  (Read 3711 times)

Online corbe

Kari Lake to DeSantis: Stay in Florida, man, for 2024 presidential race

by Barnini Chakraborty, Senior Investigations Reporter
May 03, 2023 05:02 PM

Arizona Republican Kari Lake has delivered a not-so-subtle message to Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL), saying if he "wants a political future," he should sit out the 2024 presidential election.

Lake is a strong supporter of former President Donald Trump and is rumored to be in the mix for his running mate. Her comments come on the heels of Trump sharing a post on his Truth Social platform that claims there isn't "one true Trump supporter" who would vote for DeSantis if he wins the GOP presidential primary.

DeSantis has not made an announcement about his 2024 plans, though sources have speculated he may declare his candidacy later this month.

DeSantis has been viewed as Trump's strongest Republican challenger for 2024 and recently traveled to Japan, South Korea, Israel, and the United Kingdom to bolster his foreign policy credentials. Some of DeSantis's allies, however, have started to question his readiness and have pointed to his poll numbers slipping in recent weeks as well as a series of self-inflicted wounds that include his fight with Disney as well as the rare rebuke he received Wednesday when part of his agenda, legislation that would have curbed press protections in the Sunshine State, stalled in the state legislature.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/kari-lake-arizona-maga-boycott-desantis
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Kari, win a race before you run your mouth.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Kari, win a race before you run your mouth.

True.  She might want to get back to what she knows best... Reading the news off of a teleprompter.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline kevindavis007

Looks like she wants to be Trump's running mate
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I think the real lead wasn't what Lake said, but what Trump did:

Her comments come on the heels of Trump sharing a post on his Truth Social platform that claims there isn't "one true Trump supporter" who would vote for DeSantis if he wins the GOP presidential primary.

There wasn't a link to that Truth Social in the article, so I went and looked for it.  And yes,it's there.  The actual "truth" saying that if DeSantis won the primary "not one true Trump supporter left that would vote for him" was by some country singer named John Rich.  He went on to say "This is a losing proposition no matter how you look at it, so why on earth would he voluntarily run head on into the wood chipper?

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/posts/110290196492675563

Trump shared that with the comment that "I've always said that John Rich was a very smart guy."

So apparently, Trump expects the rest of the GOP to rally around him if he's the nominee, but refuses to do the same if DeSantis is.

Screw that guy.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2023, 12:34:01 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Kamaji

I think the real lead wasn't what Lake said, but what Trump did:

There wasn't a link to that Truth Social in the article, so I went and looked for it.  And yes,it's there.  The actual "truth" saying that if DeSantis won the primary "not one true Trump supporter left that would vote for him" was by some country singer named John Rich.  He went on to say "This is a losing proposition no matter how you look at it, so why on earth would he voluntarily run head on into the wood chipper?

Trump shared that with the comment that "I've always said that John Rich was a very smart guy."

So apparently, Trump expects the rest of the GOP to rally around him if he's the nominee, but refuses to do the same if DeSantis is.

Screw that guy.

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/posts/110290196492675563

Typical childish, petulant, self-centered baloney from the Orange Child.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

And apparently from many of his supporters as well, who seem to think DeSantis would be great in 2028, but would prefer Joe Biden to DeSantis in 2024.

I'd have less of an issue with Trump supporters who honestly believe DeSantis's policies are bad the country, and he'd be as bad or worse than Biden.  I'd disagree with them, but at least that's a valid reason not to vote for the guy.

But the "he'd be great in 2028 or as Trump's 2024 VP, but I won't vote at all if it is him v. Biden" crowd is just wrong.  It's elevating personal.loyalty to a single man over what you know to be better for the country.

That's just a freaking cult.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2023, 01:34:30 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
What I had hoped for was to have Desantis and Trump on the same ticket, with De Santis stepping up to the POTUS slot in '28, for two terms if done well. It's going to take that sort of time frame to set the country back on a proper course.

Unfortunately, tptb (GOPe/Uniparty) don't want that, and the plethora of unforced errors and unnecessary infighting will preclude that.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

What I had hoped for was to have Desantis and Trump on the same ticket, with De Santis stepping up to the POTUS slot in '28, for two terms if done well. It's going to take that sort of time frame to set the country back on a proper course.

Unfortunately, tptb (GOPe/Uniparty) don't want that, and the plethora of unforced errors and unnecessary infighting will preclude that.

I was thinking the same; the MSM, GOPe and Trump himself obviously didn't want that scenario.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I was thinking the same; the MSM, GOPe and Trump himself obviously didn't want that scenario.
THe only way aside from cheating like the Rats they are, the Democrats can get a second term of Joe  is to present the GOP candidate(s) as inept, corrupt, or otherwise unfit. All this 'infighting' plays right into that.

In the meantime, you could put a bronzed horse turd at the top of the Democrat ticket and they'd all like up behind it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I really like this lady early on, but more and more she appears to suffer from the same hoof in mouth ailment as her Orange puppeteer.

Who is she, a losing candidate in AZ to dictate who I want to vote for to head the '24 GOP ticket.  Orange Man and his minions are in open warfare, making sure we don't have a valid argument and discussion in the primaires.  This isn't a coronation Orange Donny....   Far from it.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline cato potatoe

Typical childish, petulant, self-centered baloney from the Orange Child.

More and more I am convinced a second Trump term would be a disaster.  Only Z list candidates would agree to work in his administration.  People you would never hire.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
More and more I am convinced a second Trump term would be a disaster.  Only Z list candidates would agree to work in his administration.  People you would never hire.

I expect a parade of subservient "Yes-Men" who and which  will basically still be a swamp, but with an orange hue instead.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

I don't think we have any worries as for a Trump second term, the leftists will make sure of it.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

Trump himself doesn't want that, forget about whomever the tptb is.

And, to be perfectly honest, DeSantis would be nuts at this point to tie his political career to Trump; best way to become a has-been who will never be.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher

And, to be perfectly honest, DeSantis would be nuts at this point to tie his political career to Trump; best way to become a has-been who will never be.

Agree 100%.  Trump only accepts those who kisses his ass. And governs with the same narcissism  Man's toxic, and the sooner he leaves the political stage the better.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

Agree 100%.  Trump only accepts those who kisses his ass. And governs with the same narcissism  Man's toxic, and the sooner he leaves the political stage the better.

I think the problem for someone like DeSantis being VP is that the VP is obligated to defend publicly everything the President says or does.   While a lot of Trump's supporters love it when he speaks without a filter, that's less fun when part of your job is backing everything he says 100%.

Offline libertybele

:thumbsup:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Define your A List ----- those you would prefer be in the next Republican administration.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Define your A List ----- those you would prefer be in the next Republican administration.

Pointless exercise.  Trump always and only hires the best.  /s

Offline cato potatoe

I don't think so.  The last time somebody tried to help Trump with staffing, Jared Kushner threw his 30 volume set of recommendations in a dumpster.  What followed was four years of leaks, infighting, and ethics scandals.

Offline Kamaji

Let's start with:  Nobody who would be given serious consideration by Trump; otherwise known as the No-Hot-Messes rule.

Online roamer_1

Let's start with:  Nobody who would be given serious consideration by Trump; otherwise known as the No-Hot-Messes rule.

THAT is a brilliant criteria.  :beer: :silly:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
There won't be a next Republican administration until Trump is no longer physically capable of communicating.

He is a Trojan horse, RiV... and you're playing right along with his destruction of the only viable opposition the Democrats might have.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline LMAO

Kari Lake would have made a better governor for Arizona than the current one.

I’ve seen the current governor in interviews and she’s a ditz and a half
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy