Author Topic: King Charles’ coronation 👑  (Read 14342 times)

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
Re: King Charles’ coronation 👑
« Reply #250 on: May 17, 2023, 07:52:28 pm »
There may be some truth to this article, but I'm not buying all of it.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #251 on: May 17, 2023, 07:56:05 pm »
Why ‘angry’ Kate Middleton ‘refused’ to curtsy to Queen Camilla at coronation
By Jack Hobbs   
May 17, 2023 12:13pm

Kate Middleton may want to add “Duchess of Disdain” to her already-long list of royal titles.

Royal biographer Tom Bower claimed that the Princess of Wales was “angry” with the newly crowned queen over the guest list for King Charles’ coronation on May 6 and refused to curtsey for the monarch as she left Westminster Abbey.

Appearing on “Dan Wootton Tonight” on Tuesday, Bower, 76, claimed that Middleton, 41, and her husband, Prince William, 40, were not happy because the princess was able to invite only four of her family members while Camilla, 75, had 20 people present.

The Post reached out to the Princess of Wales and Buckingham Palace for comment.

The author further revealed that the people who helped change Camilla’s image from the king’s mistress to queen were also snubbed from the high-profile event.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/05/17/why-angry-kate-middleton-refused-to-curtsy-to-queen-camilla-at-coronation/

I tend to doubt the insinuations of this article.  Too out of character in terms of public presence from what we've seen over the years.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #252 on: May 17, 2023, 08:11:09 pm »
I'm not fond of Camilla and I have also read reports that William refused to bow to her.  I certainly can understand why. 

The King and Queen Consort of England were crowned and it was a historical moment.

Time to get back to tending to our own country.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #253 on: May 17, 2023, 08:17:40 pm »
I'm not fond of Camilla and I have also read reports that William refused to bow to her.  I certainly can understand why. 

The King and Queen Consort of England were crowned and it was a historical moment.

Time to get back to tending to our own country.

If William didn't bow and Katherine didn't curtsey, then it is almost certainly some abstruse part of royalty protocol that doesn't require them to give her deference.  I doubt very much that it would be out of some sense of personal pique.  Not that I think William and Kate don't get peeved, I just think that they're adult enough to know the difference between what can be displayed in public and what must be kept private.

Offline berdie

« Reply #254 on: May 17, 2023, 08:36:31 pm »
Whether true or not, it makes me grateful that I don't live in that family/culture.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #255 on: May 17, 2023, 08:41:48 pm »
Whether true or not, it makes me grateful that I don't live in that family/culture.

Bowing and having to curtsy to me is a bit much in the year 2023.  While I admire all the traditions over the years, some I believe are a bit excessive.  Though perhaps it is all the traditions that keep the Royals and the monarchy from falling apart.

Queen Elizabeth was an exemplary figurehead and leader.  I'm not so sure Charles and Camilla share those qualities. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #256 on: May 18, 2023, 01:51:29 am »
If William didn't bow and Katherine didn't curtsey, then it is almost certainly some abstruse part of royalty protocol that doesn't require them to give her deference.  I doubt very much that it would be out of some sense of personal pique.  Not that I think William and Kate don't get peeved, I just think that they're adult enough to know the difference between what can be displayed in public and what must be kept private.

888high58888