Author Topic: King Charles’ coronation 👑  (Read 14607 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: King Charles’ coronation 👑
« Reply #225 on: May 09, 2023, 12:51:07 am »
 The coronation was an absolute triumph for the real royals — and a disaster for bitter Harry and Meghan
By Piers Morgan

Until Sunday night, the most powerful public statement that’s ever come out of Prince William’s mouth was the eight words: “No, we’re very much NOT a racist family.”

He spat those words out with a cold fury to the media after he was asked about his brother Harry and sister-in-law Meghan’s incendiary claims of royal racism in their Oprah whine-a-thon two years ago.

They are claims for which the Sussex moaners have never produced a shred of evidence, and which Harry recently, and preposterously, tried to say weren’t ever intended to imply any racism.

Since then, the Prince of Wales has maintained a dignified silence as Harry has repeatedly and shamefully trashed him, his wife, Catherine, his father, Charles, and his stepmother, Camilla, in a repugnant tell-all book and Netflix documentary series.

It won’t have been easy.

No man would prefer standing back and saying nothing while his own sibling torches their whole family in such a disgusting manner.

Indeed, I’m reliably told that William has felt so incensed by Harry’s treachery, he didn’t trust himself not to physically remonstrate with him when they next found themselves in proximity.

But when that moment happened in Westminster Abbey on Saturday, William didn’t punch his little brother, or speak to him.

In fact, he didn’t even look at him, as Harry skulked inside like a naughty schoolboy and took his place three rows back from the main players, in the same royal Siberia as his disgraced uncle Prince Andrew.

Instead, William focused on his own hugely significant role at their father’s coronation, kneeling before King Charles to promise his allegiance as his heir to the throne: “I, William, Prince of Wales, pledge my loyalty to you, and faith and truth I will bear unto you, as your liege man of life and limb. So help me God.”

more
https://nypost.com/2023/05/08/coronation-was-a-triumph-for-real-royals-and-disaster-for-harry-meghan/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #226 on: May 09, 2023, 12:53:02 am »
I am sure Kate's gown is prettier in person.... :shrug:
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline libertybele

« Reply #227 on: May 09, 2023, 01:01:30 am »
I am sure Kate's gown is prettier in person.... :shrug:

Indeed.  I've looked for better close up pictures, but that was the only one that I could find. 

The Royals' official portrait is just beautiful.  (No Harry and Markle  happy77).
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #228 on: May 09, 2023, 06:30:49 pm »
Jill Biden gets backlash for wearing $15k dress to lunch
OAN Geraldyn Berry
10:23 AM – Friday, May 9, 2023

First Lady Jill Biden is facing backlash after she wore a $15,900 white lambskin cutout dress to lunch on Downing Street in London to celebrate the coronation of King Charles III.

Designer Gabriela Hearst confirmed Jill Biden’s high-priced attire via Instagram. ...

Internet users took to Twitter and trolled the price of the dress and compared it to a “white shower curtain.” ...
OANN

Lambskin? wth
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #229 on: May 10, 2023, 04:25:21 am »
It's not exactly the hardest job in the world, but I credit William and Kate for giving it their full effort, and never acting as though they don't recognize how fortunate they are.  They treat their roles with the respect they require.

Thought Harry and his combat service would have made given him a bit of humility, but it apparently didn't take.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #230 on: May 10, 2023, 09:03:17 am »
It's not exactly the hardest job in the world, but I credit William and Kate for giving it their full effort, and never acting as though they don't recognize how fortunate they are.  They treat their roles with the respect they require.

Thought Harry and his combat service would have made given him a bit of humility, but it apparently didn't take.

:thumbsup:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #231 on: May 13, 2023, 01:20:14 am »
Buckingham Palace has released a new and historic photo of Britain's future monarchs, Prince William and Prince George, with King Charles:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #232 on: May 13, 2023, 01:23:25 am »
Buckingham Palace has released a new and historic photo of Britain's future monarchs, Prince William and Prince George, with King Charles:

What a fabulous picture and historic indeed.  I wonder if Prince George understands and realizes who he is? He's pretty young I think to understand the full concept.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2023, 01:25:09 am by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #233 on: May 13, 2023, 02:48:51 am »

Thank you for  posting @Right_in_Virginia . It is a magnificent photograph!

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #234 on: May 13, 2023, 09:45:20 am »

Oh wow! Thank you @Right_in_Virginia
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #235 on: May 13, 2023, 02:41:40 pm »
My pleasure @Texas Yellow Rose  and @Gefn    happy77

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #236 on: May 13, 2023, 03:29:38 pm »
Charles would approve! How Kate's £5,000 Coronation wardrobe featured recycled pieces, British designers, and high street buys for the biggest week in the royal calendar

Kate Middleton, 41, opted for a number of glamorous outfits over the last week
    READ MORE: For all the latest Royal news, pictures and video click here

By Harriet Johnston For Mailonline

Published: 14:41 EDT, 10 May 2023 | Updated: 05:31 EDT, 12 May 2023

It may have been one of the biggest weeks of her life - but Kate Middleton proved her style is as down to earth as ever during the Coronation celebrations.

For rather than splashing out on expensive jewellery and multiple new designer outfits, the Princess of Wales, 41, opted to recycle a number of pieces she already had in her wardrobe for the high profile event this week.

The mother-of-three is known for her love of the high street and often chooses to rewear garments from previous engagements for royal events.

And this week was no different, with Kate opting to wear just £5,000 worth of new clothing.

Meanwhile her red, white and blue outfits appeared to be a subtle nod to the Union flag.

excerpt:

Kate's Coronation week wardrobe 

MAY 4: Coronation Pub Visit

The Princess of Wales travels on London Underground's Elizabeth Line in central London, on their way to visit the Dog & Duck pub in Soho to hear how it's preparing for the coronation of King Charles III and the Queen

Bespoke Eponine London coat - worn before
    Suzannah Flippy Wiggle dress - worn before
    Mulberry Amberley bag - worn before
    Jimmy Choo Romy 85 heels - worn before
    Maria Black Cha Cha Earrings - worn before

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-12068513/Kate-Middletons-expensive-Coronation-week-wardrobe.html
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

« Reply #237 on: May 13, 2023, 04:07:34 pm »
more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-12068513/Kate-Middletons-expensive-Coronation-week-wardrobe.html

@mystery-ak  Some really great pictures -- I like the very last one the best with Kate in the light blue dress with sheer sleeves. 

Online mountaineer

« Reply #238 on: May 13, 2023, 04:13:39 pm »
Meanwhile:

First lady Jill Biden attended a Coronation Big Lunch
in honor of King Charles III and Queen Camilla wearing a $15,900 dress.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #239 on: May 13, 2023, 04:21:48 pm »
Meanwhile:

First lady Jill Biden attended a Coronation Big Lunch
in honor of King Charles III and Queen Camilla wearing a $15,900 dress.

Ya, well, it just goes to show you the expensive dresses don't look good on cheap women.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #240 on: May 13, 2023, 04:25:14 pm »
I think the fashion media are giving Jill props for wearing a dress she wore once before, but seriously? What a waste of $15K.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #241 on: May 13, 2023, 04:28:08 pm »
I think the fashion media are giving Jill props for wearing a dress she wore once before, but seriously? What a waste of $15K.

:yowsa:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #242 on: May 13, 2023, 04:50:56 pm »
Ya, well, it just goes to show you the expensive dresses don't look good on cheap women.

:silly:  :amen:
Support the USO

Online mountaineer

« Reply #243 on: May 13, 2023, 04:51:36 pm »
The expression, "Lipstick on a pig" comes to mind.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mountaineer

« Reply #245 on: May 13, 2023, 07:27:09 pm »
Let's hope William and Kate's youngest grows up to be a more worthy "spare" than his silly uncle Harry. Maybe he could learn from his great-uncle Edward how to become a responsible citizen, husband and father.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #246 on: May 13, 2023, 08:39:51 pm »
-- I like the very last one the best with Kate in the light blue dress with sheer sleeves.
  You're right it is exquisite!

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #247 on: May 13, 2023, 09:20:55 pm »

Looks like an old lady doily, but at least it's consistent with her dresses that look like they're made from sofa upholstery fabric.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #248 on: May 13, 2023, 09:55:11 pm »
All the time
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #249 on: May 17, 2023, 06:11:25 pm »
 Why ‘angry’ Kate Middleton ‘refused’ to curtsy to Queen Camilla at coronation
By Jack Hobbs   
May 17, 2023 12:13pm

Kate Middleton may want to add “Duchess of Disdain” to her already-long list of royal titles.

Royal biographer Tom Bower claimed that the Princess of Wales was “angry” with the newly crowned queen over the guest list for King Charles’ coronation on May 6 and refused to curtsey for the monarch as she left Westminster Abbey.

Appearing on “Dan Wootton Tonight” on Tuesday, Bower, 76, claimed that Middleton, 41, and her husband, Prince William, 40, were not happy because the princess was able to invite only four of her family members while Camilla, 75, had 20 people present.

The Post reached out to the Princess of Wales and Buckingham Palace for comment.

The author further revealed that the people who helped change Camilla’s image from the king’s mistress to queen were also snubbed from the high-profile event.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/05/17/why-angry-kate-middleton-refused-to-curtsy-to-queen-camilla-at-coronation/
Support the USO