Author Topic: BREAKING: @FoxNews said it and @TuckerCarlson "have agreed to part ways."  (Read 5874 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Looks like Brian Kilmeade is the Tucker replacement.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Oh and excuse me if I'm a little behind on this but did y'all see that Parler got bought and immediately shut down?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Kamaji

Oh and excuse me if I'm a little behind on this but did y'all see that Parler got bought and immediately shut down?

Yeah; saw that.  A little odd, if one were to ask me.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Yeah; saw that.  A little odd, if one were to ask me.

The way the statement on the Parler website reads...they aren't coming back.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

They are rotating the Anchors....If Kilmeade is any indication of whats ahead, this will suck.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
They are rotating the Anchors....If Kilmeade is any indication of whats ahead, this will suck.

His constant glancing away from the camera made him out to look like a rank amateur.   It was painful to watch.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

If rumors are true they want to sell, why would you crash the value before hand?

If they think they are going to make up for the settlement by firing their best draws, I think their math is going to fall apart real quickly.

Fail to see any strategy here.
The Republic is lost.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
This is probably a dumb question, but who would  Fox sell  to?  Bezos, Musk, Soros?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This is probably a dumb question, but who would  Fox sell  to?  Bezos, Musk, Soros?

A good question, @bigheadfred!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

Yesterday, FOX announced that various people would fill that 8 p.m. slot, at least for a while.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Yesterday, FOX announced that various people would fill that 8 p.m. slot, at least for a while.

Clay Travis & Buck Sexton would be a decent replacement. :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Clay Travis & Buck Sexton would be a decent replacement. :shrug:

They slammed Fox yesteday for the move.  Doubt Murdoch would take that chance.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
I can't stand O'Reilly but he's probably on to something...

https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2023/04/25/bill-oreillys-take-on-why-tucker-carlson-was-fired-n546296

In this clip from Chris Cuomo’s show last night, Bill O’Reilly says he did some actual reporting to find out exactly what happened with the firing of Tucker Carlson. According to O’Reilly, the decision was made Sunday night and the show’s staff found out about it Monday morning as they were working to prepare Monday night’s show. In short, this was not something that had been under discussion for very long.

O’Reilly claims that while the Dominion lawsuit did not lead to this directly, it did put Fox News into a mode where it was thinking ahead about other lawsuits that were coming. One of those is a forthcoming lawsuit by Smartmatic, another election-connected company who are looking for even more money than Dominion.

(snip)

So that’s the next big case coming and there’s no reason to think it won’t be another historic loss for Fox News. But then O’Reilly mentioned two more lawsuits which involve Tucker Carlson more directly.

“You have two individual lawsuits, actually one filed and one that may be filed and that was the key,” O’Reilly said. He continued, “So, one of Tucker Carlson’s producers apparently taped a whole bunch of stuff. Her lawyer went in to the Fox attorneys and said unless you pay so and so some money, we’re going to sue you. And Fox said we’re not paying so they filed suit in New York City. And they have the tapes and those tapes may be released to the public.”

O’Reilly wasn’t specific about who filed that lawsuit but it’s almost certainly the one that David mentioned yesterday involving former producer Abby Grossberg. Briefly, the LA Times reported that Grossman claims she “was bullied and subjected to antisemitic comments.” She and another Carlson producer were fired and her firing was for “disclosing privileged company information.”

Putting that together with what O’Reilly is saying, it sounds like she has some tapes of Carlson and/or his staff making comments they wouldn’t want aired on television, including antisemitic comments. When Fox found out she’d taken that material they fired her rather than paying her. And as O’Reilly says, that means these tapes will probably get leaked and reported on in connection with her lawsuit sometime soon.

It reminds me of this infamous leaked tape of MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell having a complete meltdown over some construction taking place during his taping. The audience was never supposed to see that meltdown but someone put together the off-air moments and leaked it. In that case, O’Donnell and the network were embarrassed but it wasn’t enough to get him fired. Presumably the tapes Grossberg has are worse.

The other possible lawsuit cited by O’Reilly (and also cited by the LA Times) was from Ray Epps. In a recent interview Epps claimed that Tucker Carlson ruined his life by accusing him of being an undercover FBI agent provocateur. O’Reilly sees that as another “massive lawsuit” waiting to happen but this one aimed directly at Carlson.

So given those three lawsuits (two filed and one probably coming soon) the Board of Directors is now expecting lawsuits from shareholders who are angry about all the money Fox is paying out because of what some of the hosts are saying on air. “Faced with that, the Board of Directors said ‘we gotta start cleaning this up.’ So Dan Bongino was the first domino to fall…and then Carlson because of the impending litigation was harpooned this morning,” O’Reilly said.

Bottom line, O’Reilly is adding a bit more detail to the outlines of what the LA Times was reporting yesterday.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
You can be certain that there is a story behind this. Media companies don't dump high-ratings talent like this without a reason.
Ray Epps.

Tucker was supposed to dissect the 60 Minutes BS about Epps, and it won't happen on FOX.

He was the main reason I ever watched FOX, now, I likely won't bother.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Ray Epps.

Tucker was supposed to dissect the 60 Minutes BS about Epps, and it won't happen on FOX.

He was the main reason I ever watched FOX, now, I likely won't bother.

I'd love for Tucker to expose that Ray Epps neither lives in a trailer nor has been financially ruined since in reality he's a paid Federal agent.

That would spell the end for 60 Minutes.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I'd love for Tucker to expose that Ray Epps neither lives in a trailer nor has been financially ruined since in reality he's a paid Federal agent.

That would spell the end for 60 Minutes.
:beer:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Am doubtful that's the case.  Rush told us many times that he HATED the television format because he lost control...and got tired of people saying, "Rush...you should have said this or that...." he felt that his television show wouldn't even work in a Johnny Carson format.

IOW, he liked to ramble...gifted as he was in communicating this thoughts.   :laugh:

Tucker, OTOH, has it down!
The other thing about Fox vs. radio is that Fox is effectively boycott-proof. After Angelo Carusone sent his goons out to harass advertisers, Fox News shifted its business model such that it's totally solvent even with no commercials. It pays its bills with subscriber revenues from cable subscribers (and direct Fox Nation subscriptions).

Radio is still being attacked by Carusone's goons. It's a dying medium, especially AM, and Carusone has made it impossible to make appreciable money in the format. Within a decade or two, it will be the realm of niche foreign language broadcasters and hobby operators.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The other thing about Fox vs. radio is that Fox is effectively boycott-proof. After Angelo Carusone sent his goons out to harass advertisers, Fox News shifted its business model such that it's totally solvent even with no commercials. It pays its bills with subscriber revenues from cable subscribers (and direct Fox Nation subscriptions).

Radio is still being attacked by Carusone's goons. It's a dying medium, especially AM, and Carusone has made it impossible to make appreciable money in the format. Within a decade or two, it will be the realm of niche foreign language broadcasters and hobby operators.

Terrestrial radio maybe.  But Satellite radio will survive.  And keep in mind that every "expert" said traditional radio both AM and FM was done with the advent of Sirius and XM.

All three have learned to play in the same sandbox.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Terrestrial radio maybe.  But Satellite radio will survive.  And keep in mind that every "expert" said traditional radio both AM and FM was done with the advent of Sirius and XM.

All three have learned to play in the same sandbox.

I read that EV engines interfere with AM bands.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I hadn't heard that but it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I read that EV engines interfere with AM bands.

I will never know for sure!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Quick follow up/update to a post of mine from the other day.

Yes they DO still exist.

I'm currently reading over the "Confidentiality, Trade Secrets and Non-Compete Agreement" that came with my offer letter before I e-Sign it.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34