Author Topic: BREAKING: @FoxNews said it and @TuckerCarlson "have agreed to part ways."  (Read 5723 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Guess you'd know.  Wouldn't contract expiration dates trump any other exit clauses?

Not the last time I was in radio. I'll let you know what changes they've made to that stuff when I get my onboarding paperwork from iHeart Radio in Louisville this week.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
That likely would depend on whether he was terminated for cause, and therefore did not receive any more payments, or whether he is still going to collect his salary for whatever remains of his contractual term.

Generally, these guys can be required to stay off the air as long as they are still getting paid by their employer.

Wouldn't be surprised if OAN or NEWSMAX contact him before sundown today.  :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I'm glad Tucker is gone. I lost any faith or trust I had in him when he continued promoting Col. MacGregor as being an honest and reliable source on Ukraine despite uncontrovertible evidence that McGregor has been wildly wrong about the war ever since it began.

It's not that he just kept having McGregor come on a show. It's that he never once questioned him about any of his wildly wrong predictions, never asked for an explanation, etc., but just kept putting him on and singing his praises.   It was bizarre.

Because of that, I lost any faith on anything else he reports. I simply have no idea whether he is advancing his own agenda, saying what he thinks his audience wants to hear to get ratings, or is actually reporting things fairly. To me, that's the kiss of death.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 06:14:27 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline GrouchoTex

Wouldn't be surprised if OAN or NEWSMAX contact him before sundown today.  :laugh:
I figured that may be the case.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I figured that may be the case.

There is quiet talk out there too, that he may be heir apparent and choice to resurrect a.m. radio from the grave after Limbaugh departed.

That's the riskier move, and could it either flop, or make him Rush like Uber-money. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I'm glad Tucker is gone. I lost any faith or trust I had in him when he continued promoting Col. MacGregor as being an honest and reliable source on Ukraine despite uncontrovertible evidence that McGregor has been wildly wrong about the war ever since it began.

It's not that he just kept having McGregor come on a show. It's that he never once questioned him about any of his wildly wrong predictions, never asked for an explanation, etc., but just kept putting him on and singing his praises.   It was bizarre.

Because of that, I lost any faith on anything else he reports. I simply have no idea whether he is advancing his own agenda, saying what he thinks his audience wants to hear to get ratings, or is actually reporting things fairly. To me, that's the kiss of death.

Can you name one pundit that has batted a 1.000?

In so many other ways, TC was almost the sole voice of reason and taking up the mantle of other topics that were too hot or controversial  to handle.  His leaving  is a great loss to those who needed to get their unfiltered news from a traditional news source like broadcast and cable TV.
I seriously doubt 20% of his loyal listeners have heard, and even less likely can find OANN, or Newsmax. 

Dark Day for our side from my perspective.  The left delivered a gut blow.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Tucker did more good than harm though. And yes he was off base about a lot of things. We need his voice IMO. And I never watched him, haha (just watched clips etc.).

I'd love to hear the true story of whatever happened.

• Technical
Can you name one pundit that has batted a 1.000?

In so many other ways, TC was almost the sole voice of reason and taking up the mantle of other topics that were too hot or controversial  to handle.  His leaving  is a great loss to those who needed to get their unfiltered news from a traditional news source like broadcast and cable TV.
I seriously doubt 20% of his loyal listeners have heard, and even less likely can find OANN, or Newsmax. 

Dark Day for our side from my perspective.  The left delivered a gut blow.

Agree 100%. Although I think that they silenced this guy, the ideas behind him aren't going to be silenced. We're not going away.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
There is quiet talk out there too, that he may be heir apparent and choice to resurrect a.m. radio from the grave after Limbaugh departed.

That's the riskier move, and could it either flop, or make him Rush like Uber-money.

Am doubtful that's the case.  Rush told us many times that he HATED the television format because he lost control...and got tired of people saying, "Rush...you should have said this or that...." he felt that his television show wouldn't even work in a Johnny Carson format.

IOW, he liked to ramble...gifted as he was in communicating this thoughts.   :laugh:

Tucker, OTOH, has it down!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

... In a statement read on “Outnumbered,” host Harris Faulkner briefly stated that the network will have a series of rotating hosts to fill Carlson’s 8 p.m. slot. Fox said Carlson’s last show aired Friday and that starting Monday night, the network will have “an interim show with rotating Fox News personalities until a new host is named.”  ...
Conservative Brief
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The $1B dollar man: Fox stock takes huge hit after Carlson exit
by Zachary Halaschak, Economics Reporter |
April 24, 2023 12:32 PM

Fox Corporation’s stock lost $1 billion in market capitalization just minutes after news broke that Tucker Carlson departed Fox News.

Fox Corporation, which owns Fox News as well as entertainment television and sports holdings, quickly plunged more than 5% after Fox News announced that Carlson and the media organization had “parted ways.” The announcement came as a surprise and appeared to catch shareholders off guard.

The massive evaporation of value speaks to just how much traffic the 53-year-old host of Tucker Carlson Tonight drove for the network. Fox News recently announced that in the first quarter of 2023, the show was the “highest-rated program in cable news in the younger 25-54 demo, averaging 3.2 million viewers, 443,000 in the demo and 299,000 in the 18-49 category.”

Carlson was perhaps Fox News’s single most-recognized anchor. His show was the network’s second-most popular program last year, with only The Five attracting more viewership.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/economy/fox-stock-1-billion-tucker-carlson
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mountaineer

Some lefties on my high school graduating class Facebook page were celebrating Carlson's departure, but I think their glee may be premature, to say the least. Alex Berenson agrees:
What's next for Tucker Carlson
As you may have heard once (or a hundred times), Fox parted ways with him this morning. But shed no tears for Tucker; his next act is likely to be YUUUGE - and very lucrative.
Alex Berenson
Apr 24, 2023

I wouldn’t exactly call Tucker Carlson a friend.

As you have probably already heard, this morning Tucker abruptly left his position as the most powerful anchor at Fox News, or anywhere on television.

I’ve never had a beer or a coffee off-set with Tucker. We have very similar views on some issues, like the dangers of cannabis and mRNA jabs, but very different on others like Ukraine. And I only got to know him when he was already hugely successful. ...

I don’t know why Tucker and Fox parted ways so abruptly this morning.

What I do know: The glee on the left about Tucker’s departure is misplaced. Tucker isn’t going anywhere. He has said he won’t run for President. Make no mistake, he would instantly be a serious threat for the Republican nomination if he did.

But if he chooses to stay in media, he will be in line for a payday from a streaming service far, far larger than what he currently makes at Fox. A few months ago, Steven Crowder - who is basically unknown outside right-wing media - turned down a $12.5 million a year offer from the Daily Wire. That’s more than Tucker was making in 2020, according to CNN.

Even if Tucker got a big pay hike in the last two years, he was still the best bargain in television - which is why Fox stock fell 5 percent when it announced his departure, before recovering slightly. Tucker, who has recently been doing more and more long-form interviews, could easily sign the first billion-dollar deal with a streaming service for a four or five year exclusive. ...
More
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Polly Ticks

Not the last time I was in radio. I'll let you know what changes they've made to that stuff when I get my onboarding paperwork from iHeart Radio in Louisville this week.

No kidding?  Will I be listening to you on the air soon?
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
No kidding?  Will I be listening to you on the air soon?

Yes ma'am. Starting soon you can find me M-F at the iHeart Studios down on 4th Street Live.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Am doubtful that's the case.  Rush told us many times that he HATED the television format because he lost control...and got tired of people saying, "Rush...you should have said this or that...." he felt that his television show wouldn't even work in a Johnny Carson format.

IOW, he liked to ramble...gifted as he was in communicating this thoughts.   :laugh:

Tucker, OTOH, has it down!

Fully agree, but it may it be a point of filling the void.   Plus, where will he find a platform to reach his 4M daily viewers on those lesser networks?   I know maybe a Rogan pod cast is like an option, but hasn''t that space already reaching oversaturuation?

If the intent is reaching a broad audience, and we can avoid congress killing a.m., this might be his best course of action.  Don't forget, he doesn't necessarily have to use Limbaugh's format.

Offline Polly Ticks

Yes ma'am. Starting soon you can find me M-F at the iHeart Studios down on 4th Street Live.

Cool beans!
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

• Technical
I remember when Tucker was like a bow-tied RINO, it's only been in the last 5 years he took on this new role.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Unnamed sources are saying this is the preferred choice to permanently replace Tucker Carson in the 8pm time slot on Fox News.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 07:04:47 pm by mystery-ak »

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
I remember when Tucker was like a bow-tied RINO, it's only been in the last 5 years he took on this new role.

lol...he used to work for MSNBC.  '05 -'08

Since i have been an ultra-conservative since 1968, I guess I can call him a Neo-con.

Yes I was watching WFB Firing Line, at age 10.

And was the 3rd person in the history of my County to register GOP.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 07:03:54 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Rush used to refer to him as Chatsworth Osborne, Jr.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Yes I was watching WFB Firing Line, at age 10.

Speaking of WFB...

Another memory I have of Rush is his describing how just after he went national he was summoned to a dinner party at Buckley's house so Bill Buckley and a few of his fellow conservative thinkers could suss out Rush to see if he was the real deal.

He got WFB's stamp of approval.

• Technical
Content is king right?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Cool....don't forget to mention us..... :whistle:
Support the USO