Author Topic: Illegal Immigration's Impact on a Texas School District  (Read 100 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Illegal Immigration's Impact on a Texas School District
« on: April 03, 2023, 06:06:11 pm »
Illegal Immigration's Impact on a Texas School District
Tax hikes, lowered academic performance, family flight, crime problems
April 03, 2023 12:10 ET | Source: Center for Immigration Studies

Washington, D.C., April 03, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Washington, D.C. (April 3, 2023) - The Center for Immigration Studies releases a case study on the impact of illegal immigration on America’s schools. The study examines the impacts of an influx of an estimated 75,000 illegal immigrants into what were small rural forested communities in Liberty County, Texas. This influx resulted in many stresses and pains of change in the county, but the report highlights the impact on the Cleveland Independent School District (CISD), which experienced a tripling in enrollment due to the influx of foreign-born students – the small county district’s 4,000 student population in 2014 grew to 11,000 in 2022, and is projected to stand at 22,000 by 2026.

The report is adapted from the new book, Overrun: How Joe Biden Unleashed the Greatest Border Crisis in American History, by Todd Bensman, the Center’s senior national security fellow. Bensman said, “In Overrun, I make the argument that the struggles of CISD are also happening to greater or lesser degrees at school districts across the country. The CISD case study serves as a warning of afflictions that will impact American school systems for generations as a result of the greatest border crisis in American history.”

Field reporting by Bensman in Liberty County reveals that:

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2023/04/03/2639961/0/en/Illegal-Immigration-s-Impact-on-a-Texas-School-District.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson