Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: A Recently Proposed Biden Immigration Policy Has A Major Loophole, Border Patrol Union Sa  (Read 207 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
EXCLUSIVE: A Recently Proposed Biden Immigration Policy Has A Major Loophole, Border Patrol Union Says

JENNIE TAER
INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER
April 02, 2023
8:42 AM ET

The National Border Patrol Council (NBPC) submitted a memo to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to highlight a major loophole in a “Safe Third Country” agreement the Biden administration is seeking to implement at the southern border.

The Border Patrol union notified DHS that the new rule, which makes illegal migrants ineligible for asylum if they already passed through a safe country on their way to the U.S., still allows many migrants to see a judge leading to their release into the interior of the country, according to the memo, which the Daily Caller News Foundation exclusively obtained.

“The adoption of a preference for asylum seekers to first seek asylum in their earlier countries of transit and the creation of a rebuttable presumption against asylum eligibility are positive steps. But until the governing regulations make clear that unauthorized entry into this country will result in either immediate removal or continuous detention pending the adjudication of asylum applications, the justified hopes of noncitizens in their ability to enter and remain in the United States will continue to fuel a rush for our borders,” the NBPC said.

The Biden administration’s proposed “Safe Third Country” agreement attempting to crack down on an expected surge in illegal immigration at the southern border has a major loophole that still allows migrants to be released into the country en masse, according to a document the National Border Patrol Council (NBPC) sent to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Daily Caller News Foundation exclusively obtained.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/04/02/border-patrol-joe-biden-southern-border/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson