Author Topic: US Army has a ‘gigantic problem’ with logistics in the Indo-Pacific  (Read 64 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US Army has a ‘gigantic problem’ with logistics in the Indo-Pacific
By Jen Judson
 Wednesday, Mar 29

HUNTSVILLE, Ala. — The U.S. Army must adapt its approach to logistics to prepare for an adversary such as China, military officials say, and the service is taking steps to tackle the challenge, standing up a team tasked to develop capability that will enable troops and large amounts of equipment to deploy even in constantly contested environments.

“It’s a gigantic problem, especially in the priority theater,” Gen. James Rainey, head of Army Futures Command, said at a conference in Washington, referencing the Indo-Pacific.

The service acknowledged the contested deployment problem in a 9-page annex that was part of its Multidomain Operations doctrine published last fall.

https://www.defensenews.com/land/2023/03/29/us-army-has-a-gigantic-problem-with-logistics-in-the-indo-pacific/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson