Author Topic: US, UK and German tanks not built for Ukraine war  (Read 90 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US, UK and German tanks not built for Ukraine war
« on: April 03, 2023, 03:56:33 pm »
US, UK and German tanks not built for Ukraine war
Abrams, Challengers and Leopard tanks are all likely to go up in smoke with their crews on Ukraine’s battlefields
By STEPHEN BRYEN
APRIL 2, 2023

German, British and American main battle tanks either already have arrived in Ukraine or will soon be on their way. But these tanks have some well-known weaknesses and the Russians are likely ready for them. Worse still, none of them have active defense systems, a critically important way of protecting tanks and tank crews from modern antitank weapons.

The German-made tanks are known as Leopards. Two different series of Leopard tanks are being sent to Ukraine, older Leopard-1 A-5s and Leopard 2 A-4 and A-6 tanks. The Leopard 2 series is regarded as one of the best-designed main battle tanks, comparing favorably to the US M1 Abrams, the Russian T-90 and the Israeli Merkava.

The US is refurbishing Abrams M-1 tanks for Ukraine. They should be arriving in the next two months, perhaps even sooner. The British have sent the first Challenger 2 tanks to Ukraine. This behemoth weighs 69 tons, too heavy for many bridges in Ukraine and not suited to function on heavily mudded secondary roads.

https://asiatimes.com/2023/04/us-uk-and-german-tanks-not-built-for-ukraine-war/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Re: US, UK and German tanks not built for Ukraine war
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2023, 04:02:54 pm »
Strange claim, considering that they were designed and built for fighting in Germany in the event of a Soviet invasion through the Netherlands or the Fulda Gap.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Kamaji

Re: US, UK and German tanks not built for Ukraine war
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2023, 04:05:56 pm »
We shall see.