Author Topic: Oversight Committee Probes Pete Buttigieg on Ohio Train Wreck: ‘You Ignored the Catastrophe’  (Read 307 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Oversight Committee Probes Pete Buttigieg on Ohio Train Wreck: ‘You Ignored the Catastrophe’

Ashley Oliver 24 Feb 2023 Washington, DC

The House Oversight Committee is launching an investigation into the Department of Transportation’s (DOT) response to a freight train carrying toxic materials that derailed in East Palestine, Ohio, earlier this month.

A majority of the committee’s Republican members, led by chairman Rep. James Comer (R-KY), sent a letter Friday to DOT Secretary Pete Buttigieg demanding that his department provide the committee with documents and communications it had related to the cause of the Norfolk Southern train wreck, when Buttigieg learned of it, and any guidance he received on how to respond to it.

The Republicans also accused the department’s leadership of “apathy in the face of” the disastrous derailment, which resulted in a fiery crash of train cars carrying, among their contents, loads of carcinogenic vinyl chloride.

The incident prompted an evacuation of the area, but worries remain high among residents about the possibility of exposure to toxic air or contaminated water, while the state and federal Environmental Protection Agencies continue testing in the region and releasing updates.

The Ohio Department of Natural Resources estimated Friday that an affected five-mile waterway had turned up roughly 40,000 dead fish, the majority of which were small minnows, in the immediate aftermath of the wreck.

“This incident is an environmental and public health emergency that now threatens Americans across state lines. Despite the U.S. Department of Transportation’s (DOT) responsibility to ensure safe and reliable transport in the United States, you ignored the catastrophe for over a week,” the Republicans wrote.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/02/24/oversight-committee-probes-pete-buttigieg-on-ohio-train-wreck-you-ignored-the-catastrophe/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Democrats and their media shills feigning outrage in 3..2..1 and accusing republicans of attacking Buttjigger only because he is "queer", as if his complete incompetence and lack of qualifications or ability to do the job has anything to do with it.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
People not happy with Pete and Joes demented utopias?  Whats a matter U?, after fighting so hard to get to where we are at now?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Kamaji

I’m sure Buttgig loves probes!

Offline LMAO

He ignored this catastrophe because in his mind, the real catastrophe is the racial make up of construction workers

A competent president would be asking for his resignation. This is just another in a continuous line of failures on the part of Petey
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy