Author Topic: Two Democratic committees made payments to group that released GOP military records  (Read 101 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Two Democratic committees made payments to group that released GOP military records
Story by Cami Mondeaux • Yesterday 12:47 PM

The political research group that received improper access to the private military records of several House Republican candidates in 2022 received payments from two Democratic campaign committees during the midterm cycle, according to election filings.

The Democratic Senatorial Campaign, which seeks to elect Democrats to the Senate, gave the Due Diligence Group $173,000 during the 2022 election cycle as well as another three payments of more than $30,000 after the election, according to the Federal Election Commission. Additionally, the political research firm received more than $110,000 from the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee between January 2021 and December 2022, filings show.

The newest revelations come after it was reported earlier this week that at least 11 Air Force members’ records were improperly disclosed, including Reps. Don Bacon (R-NE) and Zach Nunn (R-IA). A spokesperson for the military branch confirmed to the Washington Examiner that the records were released without authorization.

"Department of the Air Force employees did not follow proper procedures requiring the member's authorizing signature consenting to the release of information. There was no evidence of political motivation or malicious intent on the part of any employee," Air Force spokeswoman Ann Stefanek said. "Through ongoing monthly audits, we are committed to preventing any such unauthorized disclosure of private information from occurring again."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/two-democratic-committees-made-payments-to-group-that-released-gop-military-records/ar-AA17VHdC?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=aa046fc2bccb4d5eac994042e581135c&ei=47
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson