Author Topic: Biden: I Don’t Think a Lot of People Are Asking How Long We Can Keep Spending Billions on Ukraine  (Read 547 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden: I Don’t Think a Lot of People Are Asking How Long We Can Keep Spending Billions on Ukraine

Ian Hanchett 24 Feb 2023

During a portion of an interview aired on Friday’s edition of ABC’s “World News Tonight,” President Joe Biden said he’s “not sure how many are asking” how long we can continue to spend money on Ukraine at the current rate and we’re in a position where the cost of walking away from the conflict “could be considerably higher than the cost of helping Ukraine maintain its independence.”

Host David Muir asked, “[H]ow does this war end and what does victory look like?”

Biden responded, “Well, that depends on what the Ukrainians decide. But here’s what we have to do in the meantime: We have to put the Ukrainians in a position where they can make advances this spring and summer and move to a place where a negotiated — they can negotiate from a position of strength. And — but that expression you’ve heard me use before and others, nothing about Ukraine without Ukraine. We’re not going to dictate to them what the end result is.”

Muir then asked, “When you talk about them negotiating, does that mean they get to keep Crimea and parts of the east?”

Biden answered, “That means they decide that. They, the Ukrainians decide that. But I could picture a circumstance where there’s a transition to that. It’s not all at one time. Look, a year ago today, they were only 70 kilometers from the border where Russians expected they’d come rolling down into Kyiv and own it all. They got pushed back. It didn’t happen. And I think they underestimated a great deal, the Russians did.”

Muir concluded the exchange by asking, “You announced another $2.5 billion in aid to Ukraine today, $113 billion now. We know the vast majority of Americans support Ukraine, but there are now many who are asking, how long can we spend like this?”

Biden answered, “Well, first of all, I’m not sure how many are asking. I know the MAGA crowd is. The right-wing Republicans are talking about, we can’t do this. We find ourselves in a situation where the cost of doing — of walking away could be considerably higher than the cost of helping Ukraine maintain its independence.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/02/24/biden-i-dont-think-a-lot-of-people-are-asking-how-long-we-can-keep-spending-billions-on-ukraine/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

Biden: We have to put the Ukrainians in a position where they can make advances this spring and summer and move to a place where a negotiated — they can negotiate from a position of strength.

Then why aren't you doing that?

Biden is subsidizing stalemate and attrition.  But he is doing nothing to end this war.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Resident dumbass had it at "I don't think...."

Offline LMAO

Typical

Instead of using this as an opportunity to assuage the concerns the public has regarding our involvement in the conflict, he lashes out at  the “MAGA Republicans.”
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Typical

Instead of using this as an opportunity to assuage the concerns the public has regarding our involvement in the conflict, he lashes out at  the “MAGA Republicans.”
It is what happens when the welfare of a nation is seen only through a partisan lens.

You are with him or against him.

America comes in last with that bunch.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Josh Hawley: "My message to congressional Republicans: you can either be the party of Ukraine & the globalists or you can be the party of East Palestine & the working people of America" (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/HawleyMO/status/1629298532602527751

Online mountaineer

Biden is subsidizing stalemate and attrition.  But he is doing nothing to end this war.
Exactly. One might conclude that endless war is the actual intention.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Joes is the will of China and Russia., who is utterly healthy and clear minded every time Woke issues are rammed down Americas throat.  Blind fools can see this much, they got their way to get Joe elected.
 :chairbang: :tongue2: :chairbang: :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions