Author Topic: Trump's Praise for DeSantis' Democratic Opponent Rankles MAGA World  (Read 16336 times)

Online LMAO

Re: Trump's Praise for DeSantis' Democratic Opponent Rankles MAGA World
« Reply #275 on: March 01, 2023, 02:54:57 pm »
You sound like that wackadoodle "Legal American" posting that Envy and jealousy strawman argument. 

Do better.

:beer:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #276 on: March 01, 2023, 03:04:54 pm »
@LMAO

The "Orange" and "Rude" are factors with the "Never Trump crowd",but the prime reason for their hated is their jealousy and mistrust of rich people. ESPECIALLY rich people that were born into wealth.

It's a class warfare thing.

'Orange' I can live with.  'Rude' I can live with, too.  But I can't live with someone selling us out to the GOPe through naivete.  Nor can I live with someone who unleashed Fauci on us and who ran up massive debt by giving the Democrats everything they wanted during Covid including the deadly jab.

For the umpteenth time, I am not #NeverTrump.  I am #NeverLiberal.  And Trump governed like a liberal.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #277 on: March 01, 2023, 03:10:32 pm »
You sound like that wackadoodle "Legal American" posting that Envy and jealousy strawman argument. 

Do better.

Ouch., that left a mark.

There are some of us, who will vote for Trump if, and I mean ""if" he is the nominee.  But some of this pre-emptive finger wagging of you better get the orange train or else, has gotten way too silly.

And the fact that the hard core Orange Brigade is threatening to bail if he is not the nominee, just reeks of hypocrciy, after they blast us for the same thing in '16 and '20.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 03:14:03 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #278 on: March 01, 2023, 03:16:17 pm »
  And Trump governed like a liberal.

A while back I posted a graphic that showed that Trump, even on an inflation adjusted basis, generated more deficit than any POTUS in our lifetime.  Yeah, that sounds like liberal governance.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #279 on: March 01, 2023, 03:17:11 pm »
But some of this pre-emptive finger wagging of you better get the orange train or else, has gotten way too silly.

This is exactly what pushed me away in 2016.  Instead of engaging in truthful debate over it, I was constantly denigrated because I wouldn't blindly all the incessant lies about Trump being a 'drain the Swamp' Conservative.  And it is happening all over again now.

So what it will come down to is how much of a threat Ron DeSantis poses to the GOP Establishment.  Because they were so terrified of Cruz in 2016 that they backed Trump.  That may not be the case this time around.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #280 on: March 01, 2023, 03:20:49 pm »
This is exactly what pushed me away in 2016.  Instead of engaging in truthful debate over it, I was constantly denigrated because I wouldn't blindly all the incessant lies about Trump being a 'drain the Swamp' Conservative.  And it is happening all over again now.

So what it will come down to is how much of a threat Ron DeSantis poses to the GOP Establishment.  Because they were so terrified of Cruz in 2016 that they backed Trump.  That may not be the case this time around.

Through the fog, we often forget that Trump was a registered democrat August 2001 through September 2009.  And he has in his donation history given more to dim candidates than GOP.

Think about it, 2009 was not that long ago.

I have been a registered and southern republican since early 1975!!!!!!  Sane people don't make these kind of abrupt idelogical changes.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 03:40:10 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #281 on: March 01, 2023, 03:34:13 pm »
The "Orange" and "Rude" are factors with the "Never Trump crowd",but the prime reason for their hated is their jealousy and mistrust of rich people. ESPECIALLY rich people that were born into wealth.

Jealousy?  What on earth.  At bare minimum I would expect old money to be educated and possess a modicum of taste, without a dead mammal stitched to his scalp, a cheap spray tan, a fifty word vocabulary, the worst acquaintances, etc.  But he can't even handle that.  Mistrust - well yeah, only an idiot would trust him, although he is predictable in some respects.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #282 on: March 01, 2023, 03:39:20 pm »
Jealousy?  What on earth.  At bare minimum I would expect old money to be educated and possess a modicum of taste, without a dead mammal stitched to his scalp, a cheap spray tan, a fifty word vocabulary, the worst acquaintances, etc.  But he can't even handle that.  Mistrust - well yeah, only an idiot would trust him, although he is predictable in some respects.

He's already been relegated to "Legal American" Status.  I'm toning back.......    :cool:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #283 on: March 01, 2023, 03:42:53 pm »

Do better.

@Wingnut

The truth hurts,doesn't  it?

But you just go ahead and continue to support whatever "usual suspect" the Party People offer you,and pretend you did the right thing because he,or she,is going to "change things".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #284 on: March 01, 2023, 03:48:02 pm »
Ouch., that left a mark.

There are some of us, who will vote for Trump if, and I mean ""if" he is the nominee.

That would normally be a reasonable approach,but I think there are some who will claim to do that,but back out at the last minute because they want someone that will whisper sweet-nothings in their ears,and Trump is NOT going to do that.

But some of this pre-emptive finger wagging of you better get the orange train or else, has gotten way too silly.

A natural knee-jerk reaction to the "Anybody BUT rude orange rich man" crowd that want more of the same,because that is what makes them comfortable.

And the fact that the hard core Orange Brigade is threatening to bail if he is not the nominee, just reeks of hypocrciy, after they blast us for the same thing in '16 and '20.

Kinda a natural reaction to the "I won't vote or will vote 3rd Party if Trump is the nominee,isn't it?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #285 on: March 01, 2023, 03:49:33 pm »
A while back I posted a graphic that showed that Trump, even on an inflation adjusted basis, generated more deficit than any POTUS in our lifetime.  Yeah, that sounds like liberal governance.

@catfish1957

How much of that was due to spending bills and obligations already agreed to before he was sworn in. EVERY President inherits the obligations made by the one he replaced.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #286 on: March 01, 2023, 03:52:45 pm »
How much of that was due to spending bills and obligations already agreed to before he was sworn in. EVERY President inherits the obligations made by the one he replaced.

So basically, your saying that the reason Biden is running up so much debt is because he inherited the obligations made by Trump?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #287 on: March 01, 2023, 03:55:21 pm »
@catfish1957

Even with one "displaced" budgetary allocation year as a lag.  Trump is still the King of the Deficits. 

And BTW, don't use the crisis as a criteria either.  Every POTUS since Reagan (exception Clinton) has had one.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #288 on: March 01, 2023, 03:55:27 pm »
Through the fog, we often forget that Trump was a registered democrat August 2001 through September 2009.  And he has in his donation history given more to dim candidates than GOP.

@catfish1957

Does the name "Ronald Reagan" ring any bells?

And he has in his donation history given more to dim candidates than GOP.

He was living in NYC for business reasons back then,and the Dims were in charge. Who did you really expect him to donate to,given those circumstances?

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #289 on: March 01, 2023, 03:56:13 pm »
@catfish1957

Very little.  And he did little or nothing to use the bully pulpit of the Presidency to rein in spending during his term.  Nor did he use the veto power (whether or not it would have been overridden).

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #290 on: March 01, 2023, 03:59:09 pm »
Jealousy?  What on earth.
At bare minimum I would expect old money to be educated and possess a modicum of taste,

Why? That is almost never the case. MOST people that have "old money" are never heard of in the press because they don't need or want any publicity.

without a dead mammal stitched to his scalp, a cheap spray tan, a fifty word vocabulary, the worst acquaintances, etc.  But he can't even handle that.  Mistrust - well yeah, only an idiot would trust him, although he is predictable in some respects.

Your hyprocisy AND your bigotry against the wealthy are both showing.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #291 on: March 01, 2023, 04:00:41 pm »
He's already been relegated to "Legal American" Status.  I'm toning back.......    :cool:

@catfish1957

Better that than "I am going to vote for one of the usual suspects because if you can't trust someone who is an established "party people" candidate,who  CAN you trust?" status.

Yeah,vote for "more of the same" if you want change." THAT makes sense,huh?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 04:02:44 pm by sneakypete »

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #292 on: March 01, 2023, 04:03:12 pm »
@catfish1957

Does the name "Ronald Reagan" ring any bells?

Silliest argument ever.

(1)  The 1950's dims were nothing like those in the 1990's.
(2)   Reagan as democrat and a labor leader has nearly 30 years to hone and adjust his conserative ideology, which especially adjusted those as he served as Governor of California.
(3)  Just for record Trump changed party affiliation (at least documented) 5 times. Real stability there huh?

You could make the argument that Trump was just a sleazy opportunist, but I don't expect that from you.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #293 on: March 01, 2023, 04:05:46 pm »
@catfish1957

Better that than "I am going to vote for one of the usual suspects because if you can't trust someone who is an established "party people" candidate,who  CAN you trust?" status.

Yeah,vote for "more of the same" if you want change." THAT makes sense,huh?

My preference is DeSantis, at least at this moment.  That could change with election dynmaics, and heck, he might not even run. 
So, just for the sake of argument, just what reference points do you have that DeSantis is an "established party person".

Your arguments around Trump support have become sadly nonsensical.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #294 on: March 01, 2023, 04:06:18 pm »
Silliest argument ever.

(1)  The 1950's dims were nothing like those in the 1990's.
(2)   Reagan as democrat and a labor leader has nearly 30 years to hone and adjust his conserative ideology, which especially adjusted those as he served as Governor of California.
(3)  Just for record Trump changed party affiliation (at least documented) 5 times. Real stability there huh?

You could make the argument that Trump was just a sleazy opportunist, but I don't expect that from you.

@catfish1957

Desperation is never pretty.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #295 on: March 01, 2023, 04:11:33 pm »
@catfish1957

Desperation is never pretty.

Neither is gaslighting. And you shining at 100 Watts.

Online LMAO

« Reply #296 on: March 01, 2023, 04:14:48 pm »
So basically, your saying that the reason Biden is running up so much debt is because he inherited the obligations made by Trump?

Yeah, that is one of the strangest arguments I’ve seen made in favor of giving Trump another term

“ He saddled Joe Biden with runaway debt and deficit. Therefore we should give him a second term so he can do it to another president.”
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #297 on: March 01, 2023, 04:21:53 pm »
Yeah, that is one of the strangest arguments I’ve seen made in favor of giving Trump another term

“ He saddled Joe Biden with runaway debt and deficit. Therefore we should give him a second term so he can do it to another president.”

:silly:

Boomarangs are a bitch aren't they?

Offline cato potatoe

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #299 on: March 01, 2023, 05:40:17 pm »
@catfish1957

Yeah, vote for "more of the same" if you want change." THAT makes sense, huh?

Top notch @sneakypete