Author Topic: Trump's Praise for DeSantis' Democratic Opponent Rankles MAGA World  (Read 15524 times)

Online Hoodat

Re: Trump's Praise for DeSantis' Democratic Opponent Rankles MAGA World
« Reply #300 on: March 01, 2023, 06:07:24 pm »
Lyndon Baines Trump at it again:

https://nypost.com/2023/02/28/trump-goes-left-to-attack-desantis-on-medicare-ss/

Sounds like something a Democrat would say.  Oh, wait . . .
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #301 on: March 01, 2023, 07:42:53 pm »
@LMAO

The "Orange" and "Rude" are factors with the "Never Trump crowd",but the prime reason for their hated is their jealousy and mistrust of rich people. ESPECIALLY rich people that were born into wealth.

It's a class warfare thing.

@sneakypete
It was horseshit when you first said it, and it is horseshit now.

The people here against Tumpy have very legit reasons. Reasons you can't defend against, so you attack with this ludicrous and entirely invented charge.

It is not working.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #302 on: March 01, 2023, 07:46:26 pm »
Through the fog, we often forget that Trump was a registered democrat August 2001 through September 2009.  And he has in his donation history given more to dim candidates than GOP.

Think about it, 2009 was not that long ago.

I have been a registered and southern republican since early 1975!!!!!!  Sane people don't make these kind of abrupt idelogical changes.

I ain't forgot it. I have called him out as a NYC liberal right here on this board. And I can defend it.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #303 on: March 01, 2023, 08:05:10 pm »
ROAMER !!!!
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #304 on: March 01, 2023, 08:55:00 pm »
@LMAO

The "Orange" and "Rude" are factors with the "Never Trump crowd",but the prime reason for their hated is their jealousy and mistrust of rich people. ESPECIALLY rich people that were born into wealth.

It's a class warfare thing.

That's exactly backwards. The Republicans most opposed to Trump are themselves old money, wealthy Republicans who dislike Trump not because he inherited his wealth, which the Bushes, Romney's, etc. all did themselves, but because of a perceived lack of class.

The original Never Trumpers were the Judge Smails/Ted Knight type, and Trump was the loudmouth Rodney Dangerfield coming into their club and stepping on ducks.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #305 on: March 01, 2023, 09:05:20 pm »
That's exactly backwards. The Republicans most opposed to Trump are themselves old money, wealthy Republicans who dislike Trump not because he inherited his wealth, which the Bushes, Romney's, etc. all did themselves, but because of a perceived lack of class.

The original Never Trumpers were the Judge Smails/Ted Knight type, and Trump was the loudmouth Rodney Dangerfield coming into their club and stepping on ducks.

Agree. That faction of "jealousy and mistrust of rich people" is exactly Trump's voting base.  Drive around out in the poorer, rural areas and notice all the MAGA flags.  A fact that has always struck me as ironic, since DJT has never had a problem flaunting his "golden toilet" wealth and life style.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #306 on: March 01, 2023, 09:05:54 pm »

That's right in part. There are two kinds opposing Tumpy. One, as you say, and the other, Conservatives, who are driven by principles.

Most of the folks here that have maintained an opposition to Tumpy are the latter... Every one of them I can recall are old friends who I have stood with all the way along - Long before Tumpy became a thing.

And you can see it, over and again in the arguments posted here - Always a slight against Conservatism, and how its failure to compromise principle is doom. Which is, btw, the perennial argument hoisted by every RINO kind, trying to make the Conservative mantle fit their shoulders. SOSDD.  :shrug:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #307 on: March 01, 2023, 09:17:45 pm »
That's right in part. There are two kinds opposing Tumpy. One, as you say, and the other, Conservatives, who are driven by principles.

Most of the folks here that have maintained an opposition to Tumpy are the latter... Every one of them I can recall are old friends who I have stood with all the way along - Long before Tumpy became a thing.

And you can see it, over and again in the arguments posted here - Always a slight against Conservatism, and how its failure to compromise principle is doom. Which is, btw, the perennial argument hoisted by every RINO kind, trying to make the Conservative mantle fit their shoulders. SOSDD.  :shrug:

Fair point.  I should have said that the most prominent early anti-Trumpers were the old money establishment types like Bush and Romney.  But as you say, there were other, ordinary conservative voters who opposed him on principle.

I think the latter group has grown much larger since 2020.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 09:21:11 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #308 on: March 01, 2023, 09:47:06 pm »
I think the latter group has grown much larger since 2020.

I think that many were taken in by the candy thrown by the clown at the front of the parade... And fairly, I suppose. But one can only consume so much candy before you get a belly ache... And a return to meat and potatoes is called for.  happy77

Some of us were just meat eaters all the way along.  :shrug:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #309 on: March 01, 2023, 09:54:44 pm »
I think that many were taken in by the candy thrown by the clown at the front of the parade... And fairly, I suppose. But one can only consume so much candy before you get a belly ache... And a return to meat and potatoes is called for.  happy77

Some of us were just meat eaters all the way along.  :shrug:

I voted for him in 2016 for two reasons, and two reasons alone. The first was the Supreme Court, and the second was the border.  He came through on the first, and did try on the second.

Those are still two valid reasons for preferring him to any Democrat.  The problem is that there are now far more negatives that come with him that offset how important those issues are.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #310 on: March 01, 2023, 10:07:17 pm »
I voted for him in 2016 for two reasons, and two reasons alone. The first was the Supreme Court, and the second was the border.  He came through on the first, and did try on the second.

Those are still two valid reasons for preferring him to any Democrat.  The problem is that there are now far more negatives that come with him that offset how important those issues are.

Well, that's it in the end, and why formulaic principled Conservatism matters.

Let's just give him a pass on everything and call it good... except fiscal conservatism.
If everything else he did was great, that one failure did more damage than all the good...

Mussolini made the trains run on time, right?  :laugh:

ALL of it matters. Making advances in the Supreme Court and on border security does no good if the rest goes wanting.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #311 on: March 01, 2023, 10:23:23 pm »
Well, that's it in the end, and why formulaic principled Conservatism matters.

Let's just give him a pass on everything and call it good... except fiscal conservatism.
If everything else he did was great, that one failure did more damage than all the good...

Mussolini made the trains run on time, right?  :laugh:

ALL of it matters. Making advances in the Supreme Court and on border security does no good if the rest goes wanting.

Right - of course the counter to that is that the Dems are even worse fiscally, so it's the lesser of two evils.  I thought the Court was important enough, and still don't regret my votes 2016 and 2020 because that.

But his minuses have gotten worse since 2020, and I can't vote for him again.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 11:03:10 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #312 on: March 01, 2023, 10:29:43 pm »
Right - of course the counter to that is that the Dems are even worse fiscally, so it's the lesser of two evils.  I thought the Court was important enough, and still don't regret my votes 2016 and 2020 because that.

But his minuses have gotten worse since 2020, and I can't vote for him again.

Right- But that counter is my very specific peeve... Because it leads to RINOism that is just barely better than Democrats.

Tumpy spent at nearly TWICE the rate of Obummer... so that counter failed in his case.

And it also subsumes 'Fighting *FOR*' beneath 'Fighting Against', which is a defensive stance with a diminishing return.

We need very much to start fighting *FOR*, with an offensive stance, to begin moving Conservatism forward.

Offline corbe

« Reply #313 on: March 01, 2023, 11:03:58 pm »
    If we were in Year 6 of a Cruz Administration, this would all be academic but the Trumpers threw a fit and decided differently.
    But, as History has clearly demonstrated, Populist always LOSE, usually sooner rather than later.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #314 on: March 01, 2023, 11:05:59 pm »
Right- But that counter is my very specific peeve... Because it leads to RINOism that is just barely better than Democrats.

Tumpy spent at nearly TWICE the rate of Obummer... so that counter failed in his case.

And it also subsumes 'Fighting *FOR*' beneath 'Fighting Against', which is a defensive stance with a diminishing return.

We need very much to start fighting *FOR*, with an offensive stance, to begin moving Conservatism forward.

I'll just say that Supreme Court appointments are lifetime, and therefore can have a massive effect.
 on government policy that lasts long beyond a single administration.  We could elect the perfect conservative President, but if he is faced with an activist, leftist Supreme Court, it won't matter.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #315 on: March 01, 2023, 11:07:52 pm »
I'll just say that Supreme Court appointments are lifetime, and therefore can have a massive effect.
 on government policy that lasts long beyond a single administration.  We could elect the perfect conservative President, but if he is faced with an activist, leftist Supreme Court, it won't matter.

True, but I just can't lose the fact that in '16 Trump ran as a fiscal conservative, and the end result was he out spent them all.
Even inflation adjusted.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #316 on: March 01, 2023, 11:10:09 pm »

I will agree with that in principle - And you need not defend your position. I get it.

BUT, SCOTUS is historically a crap shoot. And whether or not the dire moment, what you end up with is hard telling.

In that, as an aside, Gorsuch has become the surprise for me. I did not expect him to stand so far to the right.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #317 on: March 01, 2023, 11:12:11 pm »
I will agree with that in principle - And you need not defend your position. I get it.

BUT, SCOTUS is historically a crap shoot. And whether or not the dire moment, what you end up with is hard telling.

In that, as an aside, Gorsuch has become the surprise for me. I did not expect him to stand so far to the right.

John Roberts was advertised to be among the most conservative on the court when he was first nominated.

We all know that turned out.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #318 on: March 01, 2023, 11:13:27 pm »
John Roberts was advertised to be among the most conservative on the court when he was first nominated.

We all know that turned out.

That's right.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #319 on: March 01, 2023, 11:41:30 pm »

Gorsuch has been running true to form. Kavanaugh is getting a wee bit wobbly every so often.

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #320 on: March 07, 2023, 03:08:55 pm »
DeSantis is living rent free in Trump's head.

And one thing that REALLY gets under Trump's skin is the fact DeSantis above the personal attacks.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #321 on: March 07, 2023, 03:28:51 pm »
And one thing that REALLY gets under Trump's skin is the fact DeSantis above the personal attacks.
Especially now that DeSantis appears to be preparing for a run.  He's doing everything right.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #322 on: March 07, 2023, 04:10:33 pm »
True, but I just can't lose the fact that in '16 Trump ran as a fiscal conservative, and the end result was he out spent them all.
Even inflation adjusted.

A Trump confidant told Axios their team plans to expose DeSantis as a Reagan Republican masquerading as a populist.  We are looking at a purge of conservatives.  At least from a budgetary standpoint, there is little daylight between Biden and Trump, other than Joe's intention to cover it with revenue enhancement instead of borrowing.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #323 on: March 07, 2023, 04:42:55 pm »
A Trump confidant told Axios their team plans to expose DeSantis as a Reagan Republican masquerading as a populist.  We are looking at a purge of conservatives.  At least from a budgetary standpoint, there is little daylight between Biden and Trump, other than Joe's intention to cover it with revenue enhancement instead of borrowing.

“Make America Great Again” to them means tacking on another 8 to 10 trillion to an already unsustainable debt level
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #324 on: March 07, 2023, 05:00:02 pm »
“Make America Great Again” to them means tacking on another 8 to 10 trillion to an already unsustainable debt level

sTrumpy's silly little name game for his opponents is so 2016. 

Anytime a nominee is going for the ticket hat trick, and can barely pull in over 50% 18 months out should be raising all kinds of red flags for his campaign.