Author Topic: Trump's Praise for DeSantis' Democratic Opponent Rankles MAGA World  (Read 15561 times)

Online Hoodat

Re: Trump's Praise for DeSantis' Democratic Opponent Rankles MAGA World
« Reply #325 on: March 07, 2023, 06:15:13 pm »
Gorsuch has been running true to form. Kavanaugh is getting a wee bit wobbly every so often.

The Gorsuch and Barrett picks were toappease Conservatives.  The Kavanagh pi k was to appease the GOP Establishment.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #326 on: March 07, 2023, 07:02:07 pm »
Worth pointing out that Gorsuch voted that gay and transgender were covered under Title VII.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #327 on: March 07, 2023, 09:03:22 pm »
Worth pointing out that Gorsuch voted that gay and transgender were covered under Title VII.

Very true, but it's even more worthwhile understanding why he voted that way, and then applying his rationale to the affirmative action cases that are on the Court's docket.

I find his educated literalism in that regard to be somewhat refreshing.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #328 on: March 07, 2023, 09:03:43 pm »
The Gorsuch and Barrett picks were toappease Conservatives.  The Kavanagh pi k was to appease the GOP Establishment.

Two out of three ain't bad.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #329 on: March 07, 2023, 11:53:57 pm »
Two out of three ain't bad.

It's a miracle that Trump didn't pick GOPe for all three.  I'm guessing that Ted Cruz had some input.

Trump's original 11 list (which he announced right at the same time the GOPe threw him their support) sucked bigtime:

Steven M. Colloton - (failed) associate independent counsel on Whitewater.
Allison H. Eid - Former speech writer for Bill Bennett
Raymond W. Gruender - worked as political director for Dole '96 campaign.
Thomas M. Hardiman
Raymond M. Kethledge
Joan L. Larsen
Thomas R. Lee - Mike Lee's brother
William H. Pryor Jr - Removed Justice Roy Moore from the Alabama Supreme Court
David R. Stras - Most of career spent in academia
Diane S. Sykes - True Conservative
Don R. Willett

After lobbying from Ted Cruz and fellow Conservatives at the Heritage Foundation, Trump added Gorsuch's name a month after the GOP Convention.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #330 on: March 07, 2023, 11:55:04 pm »
It's a miracle that Trump didn't pick GOPe for all three.  I'm guessing that Ted Cruz had some input.

Trump's original 11 list (which he announced right at the same time the GOPe threw him their support) sucked bigtime:

Steven M. Colloton - (failed) associate independent counsel on Whitewater.
Allison H. Eid - Former speech writer for Bill Bennett
Raymond W. Gruender - worked as political director for Dole '96 campaign.
Thomas M. Hardiman
Raymond M. Kethledge
Joan L. Larsen
Thomas R. Lee - Mike Lee's brother
William H. Pryor Jr - Removed Justice Roy Moore from the Alabama Supreme Court
David R. Stras - Most of career spent in academia
Diane S. Sykes - True Conservative
Don R. Willett

After lobbying from Ted Cruz and fellow Conservatives at the Heritage Foundation, Trump added Gorsuch's name a month after the GOP Convention.

The Federalist Society had a lot of input into the judicial nominees as well.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #331 on: March 08, 2023, 12:04:17 am »

Exactly. I was at the Federalist society lawyers convention that year, and We were pretty pumped that Leo and the Society we're going to have a lot of influence with Trump when it came to nominating judges and justices.  And I do have to say that Trump absolutely followed through with that promise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #332 on: March 08, 2023, 12:19:05 am »
Especially now that DeSantis appears to be preparing for a run.  He's doing everything right.

@mrpotatohead

Doing nothing but let people talk is "doing everything right"?

Well,maybe it is.

I guess time will tell.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #333 on: March 08, 2023, 12:20:33 am »
A Trump confidant told Axios their team plans to expose DeSantis as a Reagan Republican masquerading as a populist.  We are looking at a purge of conservatives.  At least from a budgetary standpoint, there is little daylight between Biden and Trump, other than Joe's intention to cover it with revenue enhancement instead of borrowing.

@cato potatoe

Correct me if I am wrong,but  REGARDLESS of who ends up being the next President,he or she WILL have to pay the bills that Biden racked up,right?

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #334 on: March 08, 2023, 02:33:11 am »
Correct me if I am wrong,but  REGARDLESS of who ends up being the next President,he or she WILL have to pay the bills that Biden racked up,right?

Childs play by comparison.  Nobody forced Trump to spend 65% more than Obama.  He wanted every penny of it and more.  That’s why Paul Ryan was included in his axis of evil, along with Jeb, who cut spending in Florida.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #335 on: March 08, 2023, 03:51:38 am »
Childs play by comparison. Nobody forced Trump to spend 65% more than Obama.  He wanted every penny of it and more.  That’s why Paul Ryan was included in his axis of evil, along with Jeb, who cut spending in Florida.

@cato potatoe

So,you are saying the spending bills passed by Congress,and made into law can be ignored by the next President?

Online Hoodat

« Reply #336 on: March 08, 2023, 03:54:27 am »

@cato potatoe

So,you are saying the spending bills passed by Congress,and made into law can be ignored by the next President?

YES !!!!

The Legislative Branch has the power to appropriate.  The Executive Branch has the power to spend what is appropriated.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #337 on: March 08, 2023, 03:55:25 am »
@cato potatoe

Just like Biden is having to pay the bills that Trump racked up.  Right?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #338 on: March 08, 2023, 05:33:38 am »
Just like Biden is having to pay the bills that Trump racked up.  Right?

@Hoodat

Gotcha. EVERYTHING iz de falts ob the ebil,rude orange man,huh?

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #339 on: March 08, 2023, 07:03:51 pm »
I liked Judge Willet.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #340 on: March 08, 2023, 08:24:54 pm »
The Legislative Branch has the power to appropriate.  The Executive Branch has the power to spend what is appropriated.

Correct, but it's become murky legal territory since the Nixon Administration. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impoundment_of_appropriated_funds

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1986/03/03/toying-with-the-budget-process/0991e6bb-c8c6-4d79-a847-8248aa22ed15/
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #341 on: March 08, 2023, 10:49:22 pm »
Correct, but it's become murky legal territory since the Nixon Administration. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impoundment_of_appropriated_funds

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1986/03/03/toying-with-the-budget-process/0991e6bb-c8c6-4d79-a847-8248aa22ed15/

Other than entitlements, appropriations are for one year only. So the most one President can blame on the prior President is the spending that happens his first year in office.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #342 on: March 08, 2023, 11:16:08 pm »

@Hoodat

Gotcha. EVERYTHING iz de falts ob the ebil,rude orange man,huh?

Not at all.  Just applying the same standard to Biden that you applied to Trump.  It's YOUR standard.  Live with it.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #343 on: March 08, 2023, 11:24:19 pm »
Not at all. Just applying the same standard to Biden that you applied to Trump. It's YOUR standard.  Live with it.

@Hoodat

So,you are a Biden supporter.

Good to know.

I am sure you are relieved to have came out of the closet.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #344 on: March 08, 2023, 11:34:01 pm »
@Hoodat

So,you are a Biden supporter.

Good to know.

I am sure you are relieved to have came out of the closet.

Again, not at all. Just applying the same standard to Biden that you applied to Trump. It's YOUR standard.  Live with it.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #345 on: March 08, 2023, 11:37:29 pm »
@sneakypete

This is your post, no?

@catfish1957

How much of that was due to spending bills and obligations already agreed to before he was sworn in. EVERY President inherits the obligations made by the one he replaced.

As I said before, this is YOUR standard.  And by YOUR standard, Trump is to blame for Biden's spending.  I don't agree with it one single bit, but YOU are the one who said it.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #346 on: March 08, 2023, 11:59:07 pm »
Other than entitlements, appropriations are for one year only. So the most one President can blame on the prior President is the spending that happens his first year in office.

Thanks for clarifying.  I remember that Nixon had "impounded" appropriated funds and that Congress had screamed bloody murder about it, leading to the Impoundment Control Act of 1974.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #347 on: March 09, 2023, 01:13:40 am »
@sneakypete

This is your post, no?

As I said before, this is YOUR standard.  And by YOUR standard, Trump is to blame for Biden's spending.  I don't agree with it one single bit, but YOU are the one who said it.

@Hoodat

Are you really THAT big a fool?

You should change your screen name to "Super RINO".

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #348 on: March 09, 2023, 01:18:47 am »

@Maj. Bill Martin

Yes,but a Dim president working with a Dim Congress can really  blow that up to the point where the new president starts out trying to play "catch-up" his entire first year,and it would have an effect on 2nd year budgetting,too.

That means that the previous President's budget can basically tie up  the next President for almost half of his term of office,and you  just know a sitting president that knows he is losing and his "Party People" will do everything in their power to torpedo a new President in order to make him look bad and themselves look to be "not so bad" in comparison.

I don't know how or what can be done to change this situation,but something does need to be done.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #349 on: March 09, 2023, 01:30:21 am »
@Hoodat

Are you really THAT big a fool?

You should change your screen name to "Super RINO".

Again, your standard.  Not mine.  If (by your standard) Trump's predecessor is to blame for Trump's spending, then that same standard, Biden's predecessor is to blame for Biden's spending.

Personally, I think it is complete bullshit to blame Obama for Trump's spending or to blame Trump for Biden's spending.  But you obviously think otherwise.  So again, live with it.  It's your standard.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-