Author Topic: Trump's Praise for DeSantis' Democratic Opponent Rankles MAGA World  (Read 16326 times)

Offline LMAO

Re: Trump's Praise for DeSantis' Democratic Opponent Rankles MAGA World
« Reply #175 on: February 24, 2023, 03:40:37 pm »
Amazing how the knives come out for fellow republicans from Trump and his ilk.

I don’t have a problem with the rough and tumble of a primary fight. And should DeSantis decide to run, he shouldn’t be spared.

But that’s not what Trump is doing. Most of his posts are similar to the rantings of a teenage girl whose boyfriend is starting to become interested in somebody else. That, plus a shout out to Kim Jong-un which I have no doubt will be used by North Korean media,  will help speed his death process. So if he insists on conducting a campaign that way, then drive on.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 06:32:19 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #176 on: February 24, 2023, 03:57:27 pm »
I don’t have a problem with the rough and tumble of a primary fight. And should DeSantis decide to run, he shouldn’t be spared

Except in this case, and what has been proven in the past few days on this forum, is that if the Trump contingent doesn't get their way, and DJT wins or is handed the nomination , they are going to off into a petulant child like tantrum, and will thusly take  their toys to the 3rd Party Orange Playhouse.

The hypocrciy of their ilk, and how they applied that standard in '16 and '20 is glaringly ugly. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online corbe

« Reply #177 on: February 24, 2023, 04:00:29 pm »
 :thumbsup:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline berdie

« Reply #178 on: February 24, 2023, 08:19:55 pm »
I don’t have a problem with the rough and tumble of a primary fight. And should DeSantis decide to run, he shouldn’t be spared.

But that’s not what Trump is doing. Most of his posts are similar to the rantings of a teenage girl whose boyfriend is starting to become interested in somebody else. That, plus a shout out to Kim Jong-un which I have no doubt will be used by North Korean media,  will help speed his death process. So if he insists on conducting a campaign that way, then drive on.

Agreed. DeSantis hasn't declared. So why tear him down at this point?

Online DB

« Reply #179 on: February 24, 2023, 09:26:34 pm »

Because it is kiss his ring or be destroyed. It is how Trump rolls. Trump is toxic and has been all along.

Online corbe

« Reply #180 on: February 24, 2023, 10:47:06 pm »
   Trump has been Toxic since his own Mother sent him to a Military School at age 14.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #181 on: February 24, 2023, 10:56:31 pm »
   Trump has been Toxic since his own Mother sent him to a Military School at age 14.

His own Mother couldn't stand the little pri(k.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #182 on: February 25, 2023, 11:43:32 pm »
Because it is kiss his ring or be destroyed. It is how Trump rolls. Trump is toxic and has been all along.

Trump, along with some of his supporters, believe he is entitled to the nomination because they say so.

The possibility of Desantis getting into the mix has gotten them all discombobulated. Look at how he and they react to someone who hasn’t even announced. If DeSantis does decide to go for it, Trump will need a straight jacket and electroconvulsive therapy. He’ll probably enter Hillary Clinton ashtray throwing territory
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #184 on: February 26, 2023, 05:44:49 am »
 :silly:

:tongue2:

Online Kamaji

« Reply #185 on: February 26, 2023, 11:25:57 am »
Trump, along with some of his supporters, believe he is entitled to the nomination because they say so.

The possibility of Desantis getting into the mix has gotten them all discombobulated. Look at how he and they react to someone who hasn’t even announced. If DeSantis does decide to go for it, Trump will need a straight jacket and electroconvulsive therapy. He’ll probably enter Hillary Clinton ashtray throwing territory

:thumbsup:

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #186 on: February 26, 2023, 04:11:34 pm »

Well, they'll say it is because "he was robbed" in 2020.

My question is that if Trump is truly entitled to the 2020 nomination, then exactly who is obligated to fulfill that entitlement?  The nominee is chosen by ordinary Republican voters.  So if he is truly entitled to the nomination, then it means that all of us are obligated to vote for him in the primaries.

And that stands on its head the fundamental principle that individual citizens, not politicians themselves, are supposed to be the ultimate arbiters of the direction of the country.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #187 on: February 26, 2023, 04:26:12 pm »
Well, they'll say it is because "he was robbed" in 2020.

My question is that if Trump is truly entitled to the 2020 nomination, then exactly who is obligated to fulfill that entitlement?  The nominee is chosen by ordinary Republican voters.  So if he is truly entitled to the nomination, then it means that all of us are obligated to vote for him in the primaries.

And that stands on its head the fundamental principle that individual citizens, not politicians themselves, are supposed to be the ultimate arbiters of the direction of the country.

I wish I wasn't but what I am seeing lining up 21 months out are of either 1 of 2 possible scenarios playing out, where the GOP loses both:

(1) An unelectable DJT is nominated.  I can see him being eaten alive by Mooch or some other faux centralist candidate.
(2) DeSantis or someone else gets the nomination, Trump feels slighted, and runs on a 3rd party ticket.  This will pretty  much be repeat of what happened in '92.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #188 on: February 26, 2023, 04:46:50 pm »
I wish I wasn't but what I am seeing lining up 21 months out are of either 1 of 2 possible scenarios playing out, where the GOP loses both:

(1) An unelectable DJT is nominated.  I can see him being eaten alive by Mooch or some other faux centralist candidate.
(2) DeSantis or someone else gets the nomination, Trump feels slighted, and runs on a 3rd party ticket.  This will pretty much be repeat of what happened in '92.

No argument there.  I think those are the two most likely scenarios.  I'm including under (2) a very late and/or backhanded Trump endorsement of the nominee.

To me, the best chance of avoiding that scenario is if the RNC gives Trump a prime time/keynote address at the RNC, where he gets his last big moment on stage in front of the entire convention, and chooses to give a rousing endorsement of the nominee.

I mean sure, it'll be all about him and everything he did, but as long as he ends it with something like "the best person to carry on for me is...", that's all that really matters.

I think that clearly would be the best move for Trump's own legacy and popularity within the party moving forward. The question is whether that will be enough to overcome his hurt feelings/disappointment/anger at not getting the nomination himself.

Obviously, the prerequisite for that is that the nomination is decided before the convention. If there's a nasty floor fight, then I think it very unlikely that Trump chooses to give an endorsement.

I still don't think that Biden ultimately is going to be the Democratic nominee.  It's going to be somebody younger, and and much harder to beat than Joe Biden.  So using "can they beat Biden" as the metric for determining which of the candidates are electable is dangerous
« Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 05:27:24 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online corbe

« Reply #189 on: February 26, 2023, 05:16:56 pm »
   If Trump is entitled to the nomination, so was jeb! (who also could have beat hellary), who he mercifully slaughtered in 16.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #190 on: February 26, 2023, 05:55:07 pm »

Actually, @berdie what the Trump campaign is doing is strategic --- it's rule number one whether it's inter political parties or intra political party:. Never allow the opposition to rewrite his or her hagiography unchallenged.  DeSantis has been busy rewriting (well, Ryan has been) his story.  Trump knows this and the details -----Trump is just laying the groundwork for what is to come.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #191 on: February 26, 2023, 06:00:28 pm »
Actually, @berdie what the Trump campaign is doing is strategic --- it's rule number one whether it's inter political parties or intra political party:. Never allow the opposition to rewrite his or her hagiography unchallenged.  DeSantis has been busy rewriting (well, Ryan has been) his story.  Trump knows this and the details -----Trump is just laying the groundwork for what is to come.

@Right_in_Virginia

For the fifth time, in comparing the two, how is Crist better than DeSantis?  Where is the merit of that claim?  What are these "good numbers" that Crist had?  And finally, why did Trump wait until DeSantis was governor before changing his residency to Florida?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #192 on: February 26, 2023, 06:14:49 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

in comparing the two, how is Crist better than DeSantis?

President Trump compared DeSantis with two (2) of his predecessors.... emphasizing the DeSantis propensity to exaggerate the scope and uniqueness of his accomplishments.

Florida was doing GREAT long before Ron DeSanctus got there. People are fleeing from New York to Florida (and other places) because of high TAXES and out of control CRIME, not because of Governor (thank you President Trump!) DeSanctimonious. Rick Scott did great and even Charlie Crist had very good numbers. SUNSHINE AND OCEAN, very alluring!!!" Trump wrote.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #193 on: February 26, 2023, 06:22:12 pm »

Wow, using Trump as your reasoning, I mean golly there is no bias there on Trumps part at all :whistle:

« Reply #194 on: February 26, 2023, 06:24:26 pm »

Really?  The force behind the DeSantis anti-Trump campaign just promised not to attend the convention if the people choose Trump as their candidate.  You don't see this as sabotaging national victory in 2024?

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #195 on: February 26, 2023, 06:28:48 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

For the fifth time, in comparing the two, how is Crist better than DeSantis?  Where is the merit of that claim?  What are these "good numbers" that Crist had?  And finally, why did Trump wait until DeSantis was governor before changing his residency to Florida?

You would have an easier time getting an less biased answer from ChatGPT
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #196 on: February 26, 2023, 06:31:00 pm »
For the sixth time, what were these "good numbers" that Crist had?  And why didn't Trump change his residency while Crist or Scott were in office, but waited until after DeSantis got elected?  Trump is clearly making a comparison here.  A comparison that YOU have characterized as one based on "merit".  So let's hear it.  Where is the merit here?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #197 on: February 26, 2023, 06:31:51 pm »
You would have an easier time getting an less biased answer from ChatGPT

It's no different than arguing with a Democrat.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

« Reply #198 on: February 26, 2023, 06:56:06 pm »
   It's a big cult and you ain't in it.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #199 on: February 26, 2023, 06:57:19 pm »
   If Trump is entitled to the nomination, so was jeb! (who also could have beat hellary), who he mercifully slaughtered in 16.

Exactly, which is why you're "if" is the whole argument.  Nobody is entitled to or owed the nomination by us voters.