Author Topic: Trump's Praise for DeSantis' Democratic Opponent Rankles MAGA World  (Read 15562 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: Trump's Praise for DeSantis' Democratic Opponent Rankles MAGA World
« Reply #100 on: February 23, 2023, 02:48:05 pm »
Here's why I despise him. A patriot, someone who saw himself as a servant of the people rather than as their savior, would have framed the election of 2020 as the voters having been robbed.  But Trump consistently says "I" was robbed, as if he has some kind of individual entitlement to the presidency.

This   pointing-up is quintessential bubble think ---- the place where the most ignorant walking among us feel their tallest.

It has always been "we"  ..  all of it.  It's why Trump will prevail.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 02:55:14 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #101 on: February 23, 2023, 02:49:55 pm »
The supporters of President Trump are not bitter; they are enthusiastic and grateful he will have the opportunity to finish what he started.  The majority also understand why so many are again dancing on the brink of insanity in their efforts to stop him.   

Perhaps it would be best if you paid less time scrutinizing and insulting others and try, instead, to move away from the brink.

@LMAO

If DeSantis loses to Trump, I pledge to vote for Trump, (maybe not enthusiastically though)

But unlike you and many of his other rabid supporters.....   Try getting that same commitment if Trump loses to DeSantis......   Everyone of you will whole heartedly stay home or support his 3rd party effort. 

Prove me wrong.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #102 on: February 23, 2023, 02:57:00 pm »
Here's why I despise him. A patriot, someone who saw himself as a servant of the people rather than as their savior, would have framed the election of 2020 as the voters having been robbed.  But Trump consistently says "I" was robbed, as if he has some kind of individual entitlement to the presidency.

@Maj. Bill Martin

He WAS robbed. HE was the one running for President,not you,and not me. HE could not even try to do any  of the things he wanted to do if HE wasn't elected.

The distinction there is an important one, because if if it was the voters who were robbed, then the fix for that is for them to get their choice in 2024, which may or may not be Trump.  But when Trump personalizes the election of 2020, he really is arguing that all of us voters who were robbed in 2020 are morally obligated to vote for him again in 2024, because "he" was robbed.

Blah,blah,hate rude orange man,blah.

I voted for him in 2020, but I don't owe him anything, especially my 2024 vote.  The idea that my vote should belong to him rather than to me because he is "owed" really pisses me off.

This is America. YOUR vote is SUPPOSED to belong to you.

What he has accomplished in recent months is to convince me that there are no circumstances under which I'd vote for him in 2024

That just means you are a "doo-doo head",incapable of rational thought.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #103 on: February 23, 2023, 03:00:22 pm »
If DeSantis loses to Trump, I pledge to vote for Trump, (maybe not enthusiastically though)

But unlike you and many of his other rabid supporters.....   Try getting that same commitment if Trump loses to DeSantis......   Everyone of you will whole heartedly stay home or support his 3rd party effort. 

Prove me wrong.

@catfish1957

I would have STRONGLY disagreed with you as recently  as last week,but this CONSTANT and unrelenting shit pile that is thrown at Trump on this web site and others 24/7 has made me decide to not vote for any Presidential nominee unless his name is Trump.

What goes around,comes around,motherhumpers! You reap what you sow.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #104 on: February 23, 2023, 03:06:42 pm »
The supporters of President Trump are not bitter; they are enthusiastic and grateful he will have the opportunity to finish what he started.  The majority also understand why so many are again dancing on the brink of insanity in their efforts to stop him.   

Perhaps it would be best if you paid less time scrutinizing and insulting others and try, instead, to move away from the brink.

@LMAO

And this post wonderfully proves my point

His loyalists are so bitter, they have convinced them selves that he is owed another term. So how many times do they plan to run him should he get the nomination and lose another general election?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 03:08:35 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #105 on: February 23, 2023, 03:10:30 pm »
@catfish1957

I would have STRONGLY disagreed with you as recently  as last week,but this CONSTANT and unrelenting shit pile that is thrown at Trump on this web site and others 24/7 has made me decide to not vote for any Presidential nominee unless his name is Trump.

Actually, Trump does a good job in stepping in piles himself.  Those antics may appeal to you. But I can guarantee they do not appeal to the electorate at large.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #106 on: February 23, 2023, 03:10:37 pm »
@catfish1957

You sure have a short memory, of how and what we went through with Cruz in '16.

lol...thanks for proving my point.  I appreciate it.   :beer:
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 03:12:17 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #107 on: February 23, 2023, 03:14:32 pm »
lol...thanks for proving my point.  I appreciate it.   :beer:

Both his supporters on this site really think they’re zinging us, and yet they continue to prove our points

I’m not making any claims that Ron DeSantis is going to be our savior as I think what ails us is mostly beyond politics. But they can’t rely on 2016 Hillary and the electoral college to save Trump all  the time.

But Trump is psychologically collapsing. His supporters can’t/won’t see it and that’s fine. But his dabbling in conspiracies and sympathies to Anti American dictators shouldn’t be excused

I think voters are hungry for stability. And I fully expect Trump to engage in these behaviors whether or not DeSantis runs. Biden promised an end to the chaos and voters see that isn’t the case
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 04:13:27 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #108 on: February 23, 2023, 04:02:33 pm »
His loyalists are so bitter, they have convinced them selves that he is owed another term.

Trump's haters like him (or her)  pointing-up do not understand the concept of earning something based on merit.  It's not that they're stupid, per se, but it's probably in the mix of reasons.

Bless their collective heart.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #109 on: February 23, 2023, 04:14:50 pm »
Trump's haters like him (or her) 

I identify as the other half of our only two genders wink777

Barry Goldwater

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #110 on: February 23, 2023, 04:26:14 pm »
This   pointing-up is quintessential bubble think ---- the place where the most ignorant walking among us feel their tallest.

It has always been "we"  ..  all of it.  It's why Trump will prevail.

Trump's haters like him (or her)  pointing-up do not understand the concept of earning something based on merit.  It's not that they're stupid, per se, but it's probably in the mix of reasons.

Trumpian like replies.  Always with insults.  How nice.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #111 on: February 23, 2023, 04:27:03 pm »
Trump is the GOD messiah on Earth. Screwy Leftist Communist monkeys cannot see this.
Let them eat themselves. F**k the Communist Left and all the Trump haters. Screw them all in their face.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #112 on: February 23, 2023, 05:33:22 pm »
@catfish1957

Wouldn't that make you a "snowflake"?

The shitpile being thrown at him is generally just the reposting of his own words.  And those words are ones that, if believed, would discourage his supporters from voting for anyone other than him in the general election.  According to Trump, everyone else from DeSantis on down, is a disloyal RINO/globalist scumbag.  And you guys have absolutely no problem with him saying any of that.

Moreover, anyone who reacts negatively to anything Trump says is called a snowflake, and told that Trump is so great in part because he is tough enough not to mince words, and blasts anyone else who stands in his way.  That's considered one of his virtues, and the rest of us are too wimpy to appreciate it his ability to play "hardball".  We just can't handle "mean tweets".

But as soon as any flak starts flying back in Trump's direction, you guys get all outraged.  It's a classic "you can dish it out but can't take it" situation.  I mean, if part of his appeal is that he's the only one tough enough to deal with the Democrats because he's willing to say whatever it takes to win, shouldn't that go both ways?  Shouldn't others be just as free to lob boulders at Trump as he is to lob them at everyone else?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 05:56:31 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #113 on: February 23, 2023, 05:38:52 pm »
But Trump is psychologically collapsing.

Severe personality disorder exacerbated by senility ... it's disqualifying.  Were I new to politics, no matter the platform, it would be impossible to take a party seriously when they nominated a joke candidate for such an important position.  We are seeing this play out with Gen Y and Z where Bush is regarded as incompetent and Trump is utterly toxic.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #114 on: February 23, 2023, 05:43:50 pm »
Both his supporters on this site really think they’re zinging us, and yet they continue to prove our points

I’m not making any claims that Ron DeSantis is going to be our savior as I think what ails us is mostly beyond politics. But they can’t rely on 2016 Hillary and the electoral college to save Trump all  the time.

But Trump is psychologically collapsing. His supporters can’t/won’t see it and that’s fine. But his dabbling in conspiracies and sympathies to Anti American dictators shouldn’t be excused

I think voters are hungry for stability. And I fully expect Trump to engage in these behaviors whether or not DeSantis runs. Biden promised an end to the chaos and voters see that isn’t the case

My issue is that if the country is in as bad a shape as most of his supporters argue, then it is a condition that cannot be fixed just by one guy acting as a lone wolf.  Whomever we elect has to be able build alliances, and find enough common ground with enough other politicians and leaders to get stuff done.  That's because we live in a republic, not a dictatorship, and you have to win votes to enact any lasting change.  And even temporary change via administrative regulations requires smart, competent people running your departments. 

But Trump seems to be almost intentionally doing the exact opposite of that by insulting and alienating the exact kind of people whose support he'd need even if he did manage to win.  He's pretty much guarateeing an ineffectual Presidency even if, by some miracle, he would win again.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #115 on: February 23, 2023, 06:05:14 pm »
yes true
Trump is kind of a screwball
That is why I love/hate him.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #116 on: February 23, 2023, 06:10:35 pm »
The cynical part of me says just nominate Donald Trump in 2024 and have him go on to lose the general election and be done with him. If there is a true star somewhere in the GOP, you don’t want that person to have their chances destroyed in a primary fight with Donald Trump tossing out his conspiracy theories.

I do believe that the American public at large can be brought more into our line of thinking on many issues. But we will only do it with serious candidates who think seriously

Barry Goldwater

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #117 on: February 23, 2023, 06:11:55 pm »
Seriously for a minute ... I bought tobacco from some shop, ... and they gave me a box of matches, which I ignored.
Those matches are magic. So much to gain, from that woody flavor. I never considered that the matches were part of the purchase.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #118 on: February 23, 2023, 06:13:13 pm »
Wouldn't that make you a "snowflake"?

The shitpile being thrown at him is generally just the reposting of his own words.  And those words are ones that, if believed, would discourage his supporters from voting for anyone other than him in the general election.  According to Trump, everyone else from DeSantis on down, is a disloyal RINO/globalist scumbag.  And you guys have absolutely no problem with him saying any of that.

Moreover, anyone who reacts negatively to anything Trump says is called a snowflake, and told that Trump is so great in part because he is tough enough not to mince words, and blasts anyone else who stands in his way.  That's considered one of his virtues, and the rest of us are too wimpy to appreciate it his ability to play "hardball".  We just can't handle "mean tweets".

But as soon as any flak starts flying back in Trump's direction, you guys get all outraged.  It's a classic "you can dish it out but can't take it" situation.  I mean, if part of his appeal is that he's the only one tough enough to deal with the Democrats because he's willing to say whatever it takes to win, shouldn't that go both ways?  Shouldn't others be just as free to lob boulders at Trump as he is to lob them at everyone else?

His supporters confuse opposition to him or poking fun at him and critique of him as “hate.”  I do believe that there are people out there who irrationally hate Donald Trump. But most of us here are not in that group. They are adopting the language of the left when they no longer have a coherent argument.

Barry Goldwater

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #119 on: February 23, 2023, 06:33:19 pm »

Prove me wrong.
But, but,  they would then be guilty of voting for the democrat...just...like...certain people here accused anyone who said they wouldn't vote for Trump. I distinctly recall the accusation that not voting for Trump would be a vote for Hillary.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #120 on: February 23, 2023, 06:48:34 pm »
That's true.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #121 on: February 23, 2023, 07:04:14 pm »
No thanks.  When I learned our governor was endorsed by George Soros, not gonna lie, it broke me.

Okay, but did you hear why Soros endorsed Trump?

Soros wants Trump mad enough to run anyway, on an independent/ 3rd party ticket, should DeSantis win the nomination.
Soros said Trump's ego won't let him walk away from running again, either as a Republican, or as an independent.
This would insure that Neither Trump or DeSantis would win, and the Dems keep control.

The Soros audio is out there.
Heard it earlier this week.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #122 on: February 23, 2023, 07:52:59 pm »
Okay, but did you hear why Soros endorsed Trump?

Soros wants Trump mad enough to run anyway, on an independent/ 3rd party ticket, should DeSantis win the nomination.
Soros said Trump's ego won't let him walk away from running again, either as a Republican, or as an independent.
This would insure that Neither Trump or DeSantis would win, and the Dems keep control.

The Soros audio is out there.
Heard it earlier this week.

Are you certain DeSantis and Soros are not in league with one another, surreptitiously?  The firing of the Tampa prosecutor may have been the perfect smokescreen for such an unholy alliance.  Here is a ssssnack for my little meatball.  Now do my bidding, I command of thee ... and seek wise counsel from dark lord Paul Ryan ... hisssssss.

I also learned from Trump's feed that Ron is bed with the Lincoln Pervert Project.  It just gets worse and worse. 

Online Hoodat

« Reply #123 on: February 23, 2023, 08:38:08 pm »

I question the judgment of anyone who thinks Charlie Crist was a good governor.  This is based purely on merit.  Do you understand that concept, @Right_in_Virginia ?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #124 on: February 23, 2023, 08:43:20 pm »
I don’t.

I think he, and his loyalists, are bitter because of the treatment he got while president. And he/they are right. He had had two sham impeachments, an important story regarding his opponent’s son that could have had an impact on the election that was deliberately squashed by the media, an investigation based on a phony claim using a phony dossier, etc etc

So he feels he’s entitled to another round as President. But now, he’s facing someone who could be a threat to that and he’s resorting to irrational lashing out, posting sympathetic posts about a dictator who makes no apologies regarding his hatred for this country, and indulges in conspiracy theories. And, as you see here, some are determined to stick with him into the abyss

Agreed.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-