Author Topic: Trump's Praise for DeSantis' Democratic Opponent Rankles MAGA World  (Read 16309 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Trump's Praise for DeSantis' Democratic Opponent Rankles MAGA World
« Reply #150 on: February 24, 2023, 03:12:25 am »

In making a comparison between Crist and DeSantis, Trump deemed Crist to be the better of the two

But President Trump compared DeSantis with two (2) of his predecessors.... emphasizing the DeSantis propensity to exaggerate the scope and uniqueness of his accomplishments. 

Florida was doing GREAT long before Ron DeSanctus got there. People are fleeing from New York to Florida (and other places) because of high TAXES and out of control CRIME, not because of Governor (thank you President Trump!) DeSanctimonious. Rick Scott did great and even Charlie Crist had very good numbers. SUNSHINE AND OCEAN, very alluring!!!" Trump wrote.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #151 on: February 24, 2023, 03:16:48 am »
But President Trump compared DeSantis with two (2) of his predecessors.... emphasizing the DeSantis propensity to exaggerate the scope and uniqueness of his accomplishments.
LOLOLOLOLOL....talk about irony.

Offline DB

« Reply #152 on: February 24, 2023, 03:33:03 am »
LOLOLOLOLOL....talk about irony.

Ya, it's a bit much...

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #153 on: February 24, 2023, 04:02:51 am »
@sneakypete

@Maj. Bill Martin
  According to Trump, everyone else from DeSantis on down, is a disloyal RINO/globalist scumbag. And you guys have absolutely no problem with him saying any of that.

Why would we have a problem with it when it is true? Trump is the ONLY non-career politician in this race from either side,and ALL the pros have done is continue to sell America down the drain.

Why would Trump supporters vote for someone they believed to be a "disloyal, RINO/globalist scumbag?"  Aren't those people just as bad or worse than Democrats?

Meanwhile,you RNC groupies are going to continue to back the same losers you backed before,and hope for a different outcome.

Well, DeSantis hasn't run before, so you can't really say that he's a loser we've backed before.  Trump, on the other hand, fits your statement much better.  He lost the 2020 election, so why would you continue to back the same loser from 2020 and expect for a different outcome in 2024?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 01:14:06 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #154 on: February 24, 2023, 04:44:20 am »

Florida was doing GREAT long before Ron DeSanctus got there. People are fleeing from New York to Florida (and other places) because of high TAXES and out of control CRIME, not because of Governor (thank you President Trump!) DeSanctimonious. Rick Scott did great and even Charlie Crist had very good numbers. SUNSHINE AND OCEAN, very alluring!!!" Trump wrote.

I ask you for the fourth time now, in comparing the two, how is Crist better than DeSantis?  Where is the merit of that claim?  What are these "good numbers" that Crist had?  And finally, why did Trump not change his residency to Florida while Crist or Scott were in office, but only did so after DeSantis got elected?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #155 on: February 24, 2023, 04:54:59 am »
Aside from Trump's wild conspiracy theories regarding any potential primary opponents, which is more of an eye rolling event, what's  disturbing is they seem to be ok with, or at least excuse, his taking the side of the N Korean dictator
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 05:15:09 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

« Reply #156 on: February 24, 2023, 05:43:00 am »
Aside from Trump's wild conspiracy theories regarding any potential primary opponents, which is more of an eye rolling event, what's  disturbing is they seem to be ok with, or at least excuse, his taking the side of the N Korean dictator

Taking the side of Kim?

God, help them, please.  :0001:

« Reply #157 on: February 24, 2023, 05:44:26 am »
Ya, it's a bit much...

I, too, thought one LOL would have made the point.   :shrug:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #158 on: February 24, 2023, 05:54:53 am »
Taking the side of Kim?

God, help them, please.  :0001:

Although I don’t expect you to admit it, I can guarantee that if Kamala Harris posted that same thing, word for word, your outrage would be legendary
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

« Reply #159 on: February 24, 2023, 06:19:28 am »
Although I don’t expect you to admit it, I can guarantee that if Kamala Harris posted that same thing, word for word, your outrage would be legendary

2018--2019:

A summit in Singapore followed by a summit in Hanoi between Trump and Kim.

Kim releases US prisoners.

A sitting US president enters North Korea.

Kim stops shooting rockets.

The Koreas hold meetings and discuss peace and reunification.

2023:

Some 🤡 calls this "failure"

Offline LMAO

« Reply #160 on: February 24, 2023, 06:26:32 am »

That has zero, zilch, nothing, nada to do with his most recent post regarding Kim

Now, Trump is probably not sympathetic to the North Korean dictator. But going forward, he should proofread what he posts.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 01:31:25 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #161 on: February 24, 2023, 06:34:06 am »
Here it is again:

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #162 on: February 24, 2023, 12:53:02 pm »
It appears that DeSantis is having a major effect on the psyche of Trump and a couple people here. And this is before he announces anything.

If he announces, I expect we will see full irrationality and a major meltdown From Trump. He will also throw out more and more conspiracy theories

DeSantis has every right to throw his hat in the ring should he desire just like anyone else. Trump is not entitled to the nomination or the presidency.

And should he decide, he will have to make his stances clear and known and undergo full scrutiny. I would like to hear, for example, something about debt and deficits. He’s popular in Florida but at the same time, he has a friendly state legislature. He won’t have that luxury in DC. He needs to be more than someone who fought the woke crowd in Florida

And this scrutiny of him will be around Trump’s wild claims of Soro’s endorsements. I am leaning towards DeSantis if he runs but I’m not committed.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 12:55:17 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online Kamaji

« Reply #163 on: February 24, 2023, 12:58:29 pm »
It appears that DeSantis is having a major effect on the psyche of Trump and a couple people here. And this is before he announces anything.

If he announces, I expect we will see full irrationality and a major meltdown From Trump. He will also throw out more and more conspiracy theories

DeSantis has every right to throw his hat in the ring should he desire just like anyone else. Trump is not entitled to the nomination or the presidency.

And should he decide, he will have to make his stances clear and known and undergo full scrutiny. I would like to hear, for example, something about debt and deficits. He’s popular in Florida but at the same time, he has a friendly state legislature. He won’t have that luxury in DC. He needs to be more than someone who fought the woke crowd in Florida

And this scrutiny of him will be around Trump’s wild claims of Soro’s endorsements. I am leaning towards DeSantis if he runs but I’m not committed.

:thumbsup:

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #164 on: February 24, 2023, 01:05:27 pm »

Exactly!
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #165 on: February 24, 2023, 01:07:48 pm »

Trump sometimes strikes me as closer to being a '70's style pro-labor, big-spending Democrat populist than to being a conservative.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #166 on: February 24, 2023, 02:38:18 pm »

That has zero, zilch, nothing, nada to do with his most recent post regarding Kim

Now, Trump is probably not sympathetic to the North Korean dictator. But going forward, he should proofread what he posts.

Right.  Trump's overtures to Kim were fine, but ultimately they resulted in nothing.  And because he's in no position now to make any deals with anyone, all he is doing is advancing North Korean propaganda about us being "provocative", which both ignores NK's own provocations, and minimizes any actions they may take of their own.  It's siding with an openly hostile state.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #167 on: February 24, 2023, 02:46:44 pm »
Trump sometimes strikes me as closer to being a '70's style pro-labor, big-spending Democrat populist than to being a conservative.

Sometimes?  More like 24/7.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #168 on: February 24, 2023, 02:47:29 pm »
Right.  Trump's overtures to Kim were fine, but ultimately they resulted in nothing.  And because he's in no position now to make any deals with anyone, all he is doing is advancing North Korean propaganda about us being "provocative", which both ignores NK's own provocations, and minimizes any actions they may take of their own.  It's siding with an openly hostile state.

If I were to guess Donald Trump's Myers-Briggs profile, I 'd guess he's a ESTP, which often is a terrible mix of foot-in-mouth, narcissistic, non-empathetic tendencies. in a lot of people.  A profile that often is not one of a successful businessman.

That lack of a brain to mouth  filter, which propelled him to the heights of political power as a beacon of honesty is now becoming his worst enemy.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #169 on: February 24, 2023, 02:48:42 pm »

I always thought he was more like Jimmy Hoffa. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #170 on: February 24, 2023, 02:50:36 pm »
He’s popular in Florida but at the same time, he has a friendly state legislature. He won’t have that luxury in DC. He needs to be more than someone who fought the woke crowd in Florida.

True - but the need to have a cooperative Congress would apply to any of our nominees, not just DeSantis.  So the question should be "which of the potential nominees is the most likely to 1) have GOP coattails in the 2024 election, and 2) build issue-specific coalitions within whatever Congress ends up being elected?

DeSantis winning by such a huge margin in Florida suggests that he may have strong coattails in 2024.  I also was really struck by how black Democrats in Miami actually stuck up for DeSantis when he was accused of racism. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/miami-black-leaders-apologize-gov-ron-desantis-member-called-him-racist

That suggests to me that he is good behind the scenes at building positive relationships with some Democrats, and/or is adept at identifying and focusing on wedge issues that, when properly presented, actually have support from some Democrats.  Either way, that suggests a guy who may be able to maximize getting the most our of Congress.  Obviously, none of that is guaranteed with any of the potential candidates, but he at least has a track record of winning on issues where the leftist punditry was convinced he'd lose.

He also has a track record of being a fiscal conservative when in Congress, so if that's a concern, the signs there are pretty positive.  The whole Social Security/Medicare mess is a looming issue whether some want to admit it or not, so I'll be interested in seeing what each of the candidates has to say about that.  Trump's demagoguing of that issue is one of the reasons he's off the table for me.

Same here.  I have a lot of hope for him at this point, and am squarely down on believing he's a much better candidate than Trump.  But a Presidential primary can have some surprises, and I also would like to hear from who else is going to run.  I do like Pompeo as well, and would be really interested in hearing more from him when he's his own guy and not just part of an Administration.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 02:52:20 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Idiot

« Reply #171 on: February 24, 2023, 02:50:44 pm »

Amazing how the knives come out for fellow republicans from Trump and his ilk.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #172 on: February 24, 2023, 02:51:57 pm »

If by some chance Trump loses the republican nomination will you support the nominee?

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #173 on: February 24, 2023, 03:11:24 pm »
Right.  Trump's overtures to Kim were fine, but ultimately they resulted in nothing.

We got Otto Warmbier, and reassurance from Trump that Kim was honest about what happened there.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #174 on: February 24, 2023, 03:12:27 pm »
Are you certain DeSantis and Soros are not in league with one another, surreptitiously?  The firing of the Tampa prosecutor may have been the perfect smokescreen for such an unholy alliance.  Here is a ssssnack for my little meatball.  Now do my bidding, I command of thee ... and seek wise counsel from dark lord Paul Ryan ... hisssssss.

I also learned from Trump's feed that Ron is bed with the Lincoln Pervert Project.  It just gets worse and worse.

I think I'd take Soros at his word, that he wants to disrupt the Republican nomination, election, etc....

According to this article, the Lincoln Project folks are not happy with DeSantis.

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/582406-desantis-lincoln/

I really don't want to get onto a contest on this. I am going to wait and see how things shake out.
I figure whatever DeSantis comes up with, Trump will be able to refute.

Like all campaigns, one side accuses the other, etc...

There are going to be plenty of issues out there for Trump and DeSantis  and others who run, to beat each other over the head with.
My fear is that by doing so, both can be tarnished to the point voters will trust no one that gets the Republican nomination.

Cruz damn near lost to Beto for senate in 2018 after the brutal 2016 primary.
It is my humble opinion, that if Cruz were up for re-election in 2020 or beyond, it wouldn't have been close, time heals all wounds, time wounds all heels, etc...
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 06:55:55 pm by GrouchoTex »