Author Topic: California’s ‘Green’ Fiasco Mimics South Africa’s Racial Obsession  (Read 107 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY JOEL B. POLLAK ON FEB 13, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

California’s ‘Green’ Fiasco Mimics South Africa’s Racial Obsession

johannesburgCalifornia is in danger of becoming the next South Africa — not because of racial conflict, but because it is following the bad example of placing one overriding ideological priority ahead of all other practical concerns.

In South Africa, that priority is “transformation” — the idea that all of the country’s institutions should reflect the demographics of the nation as a whole, as a way of redressing the discrimination of the apartheid past.

There are some good intentions behind the policy, in theory, but in practice “transformation” has been used to justify ruling-party corruption that has robbed South Africa of its assets and destroyed its infrastructure.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/californias-green-fiasco-mimics-south-africas-racial-obsession/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson