Author Topic: ‘Making a Mockery of the Military’: 13 GOP Senators Vote to Confirm Green Activist for Energy Post i  (Read 136 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Making a Mockery of the Military’: 13 GOP Senators Vote to Confirm Green Activist for Energy Post in Defense Department
Samantha Aschieris / @samantharenck / January 23, 2023

"It’s just ridiculous," says Steven Milloy. Pictured: Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin looks on during the meeting of the Ukraine Defense Contact Group in Germany at Ramstein Air Base Jan. 20. (Photo: Marco Steinbrenner/DeFodi Images/Getty Images)

Update: The U.S. Senate confirmed Brendan Owens to the position of assistant secretary for energy, installations, and environment in the Defense Department on Monday night.

Owens received 60 “yea” and 35 “nay” votes.

The following Republicans voted to confirm Owens: Sens. Shelley Moore Capito of West Virginia, Susan Collins of Maine, John Cornyn of Texas, Joni Ernst of Iowa, Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, Chuck Grassley of Iowa, Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, Jerry Moran of Kansas, Mitt Romney of Utah, Mike Rounds of South Dakota, Thom Tillis of North Carolina,  Roger Wicker of Mississippi, and Todd Young of Indiana.

The U.S. Senate is set to vote at 5:30 p.m. on the confirmation of Brendan Owens for the position of assistant secretary for energy, installations, and environment in the Defense Department.

“Well, I mean, he’s part of the Green Building Council, so I’m not quite sure what he’s got to do with anything going on at the Department of Defense,” Steven Milloy, founder and publisher of JunkScience.com, told The Daily Signal in a phone interview on Monday.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/01/23/making-mockery-military-senate-vote-green-activist-nominated-energy-post-defense-department/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
His suitability for the position isn't what matters, it's his leftist ideas that do.  His ability to screw over the military and America are so very important to Biden. 9999hair out0000
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson