Author Topic: Veterans Join Forces To Ensure That Late Soldier Receives Proper Military Burial  (Read 130 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Veterans Join Forces To Ensure That Late Soldier Receives Proper Military Burial
Funeral Held For Soldier Killed In Iraq

ALEXANDER PEASE
CONTRIBUTOR
January 23, 2023
9:43 PM ET

A group of North Carolina veterans joined forces to organize and attend a Friday military funeral for a solider that had no family.

Upon learning that U.S. veteran Thomas Chapman passed away at the Asheville V.A. hospital last week and that his body went “unclaimed” by any kin, a group of local veterans sought to fill that void and honor Chapman by putting together and carrying out a proper military service, WLOS reported.

Those that laid the late Chapman to rest included members of the Haywood County-area Disabled American Veterans (DAV) and Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) chapters. During his life, Chapman had no presence whatsoever in either chapter, according to the outlet.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/01/23/veterans-join-forces-soldier-kinless-unclaimed-military-burial/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 Thanks vets!  :patriot:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson