Author Topic: Obituaries for 2023  (Read 89171 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Obituaries for 2023
« Reply #175 on: February 12, 2023, 11:09:55 am »
Army veteran, legendary composer Burt Bacharach dies at 94
By Hillel Italie, The Associated Press
 Thursday, Feb 9

NEW YORK — Burt Bacharach, the singularly gifted and popular composer who delighted millions with the quirky arrangements and unforgettable melodies of “Walk on By,” “Do You Know the Way to San Jose” and dozens of other hits, has died at 94.

The Grammy, Oscar and Tony-winning Bacharach, who also served in the Army, died Wednesday at home in Los Angeles of natural causes, publicist Tina Brausam said Thursday.

Over the past 70 years, only Lennon-McCartney, Carole King and a handful of others rivaled his genius for instantly catchy songs that remained performed, played and hummed long after they were written. He had a run of top 10 hits from the 1950s into the 21st century, and his music was heard everywhere from movie soundtracks and radios to home stereo systems and iPods, whether “Alfie” and “I Say a Little Prayer” or “I’ll Never Fall in Love Again” and “This Guy’s in Love with You.”

Dionne Warwick was his favorite interpreter, but Bacharach, usually in tandem with lyricist Hal David, also created prime material for Aretha Franklin, Dusty Springfield, Tom Jones and many others. Elvis Presley, the Beatles and Frank Sinatra were among the countless artists who covered his songs, with more recent performers who sung or sampled him including White Stripes, Twista and Ashanti. “Walk On By” alone was covered by everyone from Warwick and Isaac Hayes to the British punk band the Stranglers and Cyndi Lauper.

https://www.armytimes.com/veterans/2023/02/09/army-veteran-legendary-composer-burt-bacharach-dies-at-94/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #176 on: February 12, 2023, 11:12:40 am »
Surely the NFL will honor him with a moment of silence at the Super Bowl.  After all, he did much more for his country than the guy who had his heart stop momentarily after a tough hit.  No?  It figures. buh bye
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #177 on: February 12, 2023, 09:37:20 pm »
Surely the NFL will honor him with a moment of silence at the Super Bowl.  After all, he did much more for his country than the guy who had his heart stop momentarily after a tough hit.  No?  It figures. buh bye
This implication that Damar Hamlin is some worthless POS who didn't do anything WAS NOT NECESSARY.

This isn't the 1940s and 1950s anymore. The vast majority of American men are civilians, and while there's still a draft, nobody uses it anymore (thankfully).

So can we please not turn Mr. Bacharach's death into a pissing contest between whether veterans or civilians are more important, please?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #178 on: February 12, 2023, 11:11:02 pm »
This implication that Damar Hamlin is some worthless POS who didn't do anything WAS NOT NECESSARY.

This isn't the 1940s and 1950s anymore. The vast majority of American men are civilians, and while there's still a draft, nobody uses it anymore (thankfully).

So can we please not turn Mr. Bacharach's death into a pissing contest between whether veterans or civilians are more important, please?

Your thread, your rules Sir!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #179 on: February 13, 2023, 01:43:17 am »

Lighten up Francis.  You are out of line.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #180 on: February 13, 2023, 01:50:47 am »
Lighten up Francis.  You are out of line.

@Wingnut   @jmyrlefuller

Agree.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #181 on: February 14, 2023, 01:40:42 pm »
‘NYPD Blue’ Child Actor Austin Majors Dead at 27
Paul Bois
14 Feb 2023

Actor Austin Majors, who most Americans remember as Theo Sipowicz from the hit show NYPD Blue, died over weekend at the age of 27 for undisclosed reasons.

Austin’s sister, Kali Raglin, confirmed his death in a statement on Monday. His family hailed him as an artistic and kind human being who will be sorely missed.  ...

Though the Los Angeles County Medical Examiner-Coroner has not revealed a cause of death, specifying only that he died on Saturday, Majors’ sister told Fox News Digital that officials currently believe her brother’s cause of death was a “suspected fentanyl poisoning with an ongoing investigation.” ...
Breitbart

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #182 on: February 14, 2023, 02:15:00 pm »
Breitbart

Chalk up another high profile victim to Biden's border policy.  Sad.......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DB

« Reply #183 on: February 14, 2023, 08:07:13 pm »
"Belgian goalkeeper Arne Espeel, 25, dies on field right after making saving penalty kick"

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/belgian-goalkeeper-arne-espeel-25-dies-on-field-right-after-making-saving-penalty-kick

Another one.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #184 on: February 14, 2023, 08:46:40 pm »
"Belgian goalkeeper Arne Espeel, 25, dies on field right after making saving penalty kick"

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/belgian-goalkeeper-arne-espeel-25-dies-on-field-right-after-making-saving-penalty-kick

Another one.

Wow....

Anyone in WHO , CDC, and governments around the world listening yet?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #185 on: February 14, 2023, 10:42:59 pm »

@catfish1957
Why?

His policies had nothing to do with this. Our borders were being breached day and night by drug runners long before he was pushed into office. I say "pushed" because I don't believe for a minute that even Dims are Dim enough to have elected that dummy.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #186 on: February 14, 2023, 10:44:43 pm »

@catfish1957

BTW,I don't believe for a minute that drug dealers forced him to OD on an illegal drug. Taking an illegal drug was a choice HE made (btw,it was also a choice I made for several years). Nobody forced him to do it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #187 on: February 14, 2023, 10:48:03 pm »
Wow....

Anyone in WHO , CDC, and governments around the world listening yet?

@catfish1957

I have a hard time believing a professional soccer player died on the field from taking illegal drugs.

I could VERY easily be wrong,but I suspect his death may be related to undiagnoised medical problems.

These guys are probably drug tested often,plus they KNOW their success and wealth in life is dependent on being able to chase a fast moving ball up and down a field.

Online DB

« Reply #188 on: February 14, 2023, 11:55:09 pm »
@catfish1957

I have a hard time believing a professional soccer player died on the field from taking illegal drugs.

I could VERY easily be wrong,but I suspect his death may be related to undiagnoised medical problems.

These guys are probably drug tested often,plus they KNOW their success and wealth in life is dependent on being able to chase a fast moving ball up and down a field.

The reference here is to the "vaccine", in other words the jab.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #189 on: February 15, 2023, 12:22:18 am »
The reference here is to the "vaccine", in other words the jab.

@DBlack15NC

My apologies. ANYTHING is possible with Chinese and American Traitor/Global Capitalist cooperation.

The Globalist Motto is "Me,Me,building a better world for ME,DAMMIT!"

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #190 on: February 15, 2023, 01:01:22 am »
@catfish1957

Probably not illegal drugs, just wonder how many boosters he had...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DB

« Reply #191 on: February 15, 2023, 05:19:46 pm »
"Captain of boys' soccer team rescued in Thailand cave in 2018 dead at 17"

https://www.foxnews.com/world/captain-boys-soccer-team-rescued-thailand-cave-2018-dead-17

Found in soccer school dorm room in England, cause unknown...

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #192 on: February 15, 2023, 05:43:12 pm »
@catfish1957
Why?

His policies had nothing to do with this. Our borders were being breached day and night by drug runners long before he was pushed into office. I say "pushed" because I don't believe for a minute that even Dims are Dim enough to have elected that dummy.

@sneakypete

The point is that fentanyl is not a point of a drug, but a poison.  Biden's polices ARE the point of failure that allow this to happen.

So Pete if you accidently died after eating a  cannabis gummy laced with fentanyl (Not that you would), would you be a victim of drug abuse?

Just asking.....

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #193 on: February 15, 2023, 06:10:20 pm »
Let's get the Obit Thread back on Obits.....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #194 on: February 15, 2023, 08:15:11 pm »
« Last Edit: February 15, 2023, 08:16:05 pm by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #195 on: February 15, 2023, 08:17:13 pm »
Breaking

Raquel Welch has died,

https://www.tmz.com/2023/02/15/raquel-welch-actress-model-dead-dies-82/

888cryingkitty 888cryingkitty

Being a fan of Isaac Asimov, I liked her in “Fantastic Voyage”

Online mountaineer

« Reply #196 on: February 15, 2023, 08:34:38 pm »
I liked how she poked fun at herself in her "Seinfeld" guest appearance.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #197 on: February 15, 2023, 08:36:48 pm »
I liked how she poked fun at herself in her "Seinfeld" guest appearance.

I forgot about that!

@mountaineer

« Last Edit: February 15, 2023, 08:56:36 pm by Gefn »

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #198 on: February 15, 2023, 08:37:38 pm »
I know its all subjective, but from my POV, maybe the sexiest woman who ever lived.

Every guy who is my age and had their teen years in the '60's and '70's knows why.

Offline berdie

« Reply #199 on: February 15, 2023, 08:51:06 pm »
She was a very pretty lady. But I can't say she was a great actress. My fav flick of hers...Bandelero. She said she loved this film because it allowed her get away from "sex symbol" and show her acting chops. Okey Dokey.

RIP Raquel.