Author Topic: House Speaker Vote Live 2nd Thread  (Read 46448 times)

Offline corbe

Re: House Speaker Vote Live 2nd Thread
« Reply #1400 on: January 08, 2023, 05:29:45 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1401 on: January 08, 2023, 05:30:26 am »
Still making it up as you go.

No, I am not.  I understand your skepticism ----- ànd I wish I could explain how I know what you do not, but I simply can't do that.

So you might be happier ignoring me ---- unless, of course, misery is your raison d'être.   :shrug:

Offline corbe

« Reply #1402 on: January 08, 2023, 05:33:11 am »
   I live a miserable life; you too should consider it @Hoodat
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

« Reply #1403 on: January 08, 2023, 05:34:54 am »
Good question since Trump had nothing to do with achieving what these 20 Conservatives achieved (Jordan not being one of them).

Here's what he thinks about Trump's involvement:

Chief among those responsible for forging a compromise was Trump, according to several GOP members of Congress and a source familiar with the conversations.

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH), who will chair the Judiciary Committee in the 118th Congress and was a crucial player in these negotiations, lauded Trump for his work helping to bring about a deal.

"This doesn’t get done without the support and leadership of President Trump,” he told Breitbart News.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/01/06/donald-trump-played-crucial-role-in-getting-speaker-elect-kevin-mccarthy-across-finish-line/

« Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 05:35:50 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1404 on: January 08, 2023, 05:37:52 am »
No, I am not.  I understand your skepticism -----

Really?  You really do understand my skepticism?  Because I am now having difficult reconciling this statement with the complete absence of any facts to support your claim - a claim with the sole purpose of validating that Donald J. Trump is the cause of everything good in the world - a claim which also is contradicted by the actions of others.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #1405 on: January 08, 2023, 05:38:14 am »
Again, Trump stepped in before Round 1, telling everyone to confirm McCarthy with ZERO concessions.

Chief among those responsible for forging a compromise was Trump, according to several GOP members of Congress and a source familiar with the conversations.

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH), who will chair the Judiciary Committee in the 118th Congress and was a crucial player in these negotiations, lauded Trump for his work helping to bring about a deal.

"This doesn’t get done without the support and leadership of President Trump,” he told Breitbart News.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/01/06/donald-trump-played-crucial-role-in-getting-speaker-elect-kevin-mccarthy-across-finish-line/

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1406 on: January 08, 2023, 05:41:53 am »
Here's what he thinks about Trump's involvement:

Again, Jordan was not one of the 20.  Jordan was a 'yes' vote for McCarthy on the first ballot with zero concessions - the same place Trump was.  And at no time during this whole fiasco did Donald J. Trump issue as much as a whisper of support for the goal of the 20.  Not a word.

So yes, it is complete BS that Trump got this deal done.  He didn't.  He was willing to settle for the Establishment on the first ballot.  Heck, he was endorsing McCarthy seven months ago.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

« Reply #1407 on: January 08, 2023, 05:42:46 am »
   Breitbart BS, just as I predicted.  The Trump Train still rolls.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1408 on: January 08, 2023, 05:44:18 am »
Still looking for that Tweet from Trump urging Biggs, Gaetz, et al. to hold out for as many Conservative concessions as they could get.  Heck, I would even settle for a tweet acknowledging their gains.  But no.  The ONLY thing Trump was after was getting his Establishment boy into the Speaker's chair.

FACTS.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1409 on: January 08, 2023, 05:46:44 am »
And let the record show that @Right_in_Virginia was also on board the McCarthy train from Ballot 1, and openly criticized other members here cheering on each hard-won Conservative concession.

To hell with your Establishment-loving god.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1410 on: January 08, 2023, 05:47:45 am »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #1411 on: January 08, 2023, 05:49:12 am »
Again, Jordan was not one of the 20. 

Never said Jordan was.  Are you saying the 20 were negotiating with themselves?    *hmmmm*

Offline corbe

« Reply #1412 on: January 08, 2023, 05:55:08 am »
   The '20' were negotiating for the future of OUR Country, in spite of some wanting to throw in the towel before the fight even started.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1413 on: January 08, 2023, 06:07:22 am »
Never said Jordan was.  Are you saying the 20 were negotiating with themselves?    *hmmmm*

Another complete disconnect with what was said.  What once were vices are now habits.

Were they negotiating with themselves?  Of course not.  There is nothing posted on this board by anyone that even remotely suggests that.  It is an idiotic claim with zero basis and zero connection to the ongoing discussion.  Typical non-rational bullshit.

BUT, since Jordan was not one of the 20, maybe, just maybe he wasn't party to the negotiations of the 20 with the leadership (i.e. Kevin McCarthy).  He certainly wasn't a party of those 20 holding up the confirmation of McCarthy in order to get those rules changes.  Nope.  Jordan was on already on board with McCarthy with zero concessions.

So maybe, just maybe, Jordan was not privy to these negotiations, and didn't get any phone call from Trump.  Anyway, that is what one can come up with using critical thinking.  But not you.  Instead, you drop some senseless bullshit bomb implying some ludicrous idea of the 20 negotiating with themselves.  Do you ever read the words you post before clicking that button?

Again, you were one of the ones here backing McCarthy before any concessions were won.  Consider the insanity of that.  While the Conservatives on this forum were cheering on the 20 to squeeze every concession they could possibly get out of the leadership, you were ridiculing them.  Why?  Because Trump wanted McCarthy in that seat with no regard to concessions.  Round after round, the Conservatives resisted.  They ignored Trump while squeezing more and more concessions out of McCarthy.  And you howled.  You complained.  You criticized, urging again and again for the House to get in line and put McCarthy in that seat pronto.

In the end, the Conservatives won.  They ignored your advice.  They ignored Trump's advice.  They won.  And you have the chutzpah to give Trump all the credit?  How dishonest.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1414 on: January 08, 2023, 06:25:06 am »
To review:

thebradfordfile
@thebradfordfile
·
8m
Never underestimate the ability of Republicans to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Actually, in this case it's the "conservatives" doing the snatching.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #1415 on: January 08, 2023, 06:33:17 am »
Another complete disconnect with what was said.  What once were vices are now habits.

Were they negotiating with themselves?  Of course not.  There is nothing posted on this board by anyone that even remotely suggests that.  It is an idiotic claim with zero basis and zero connection to the ongoing discussion.  Typical non-rational bullshit.

BUT, since Jordan was not one of the 20, maybe, just maybe he wasn't party to the negotiations of the 20 with the leadership (i.e. Kevin McCarthy).  He certainly wasn't a party of those 20 holding up the confirmation of McCarthy in order to get those rules changes.  Nope.  Jordan was on already on board with McCarthy with zero concessions.

So maybe, just maybe, Jordan was not privy to these negotiations, and didn't get any phone call from Trump.  Anyway, that is what one can come up with using critical thinking.  But not you.  Instead, you drop some senseless bullshit bomb implying some ludicrous idea of the 20 negotiating with themselves.  Do you ever read the words you post before clicking that button?

Again, you were one of the ones here backing McCarthy before any concessions were won.  Consider the insanity of that.  While the Conservatives on this forum were cheering on the 20 to squeeze every concession they could possibly get out of the leadership, you were ridiculing them.  Why?  Because Trump wanted McCarthy in that seat with no regard to concessions.  Round after round, the Conservatives resisted.  They ignored Trump while squeezing more and more concessions out of McCarthy.  And you howled.  You complained.  You criticized, urging again and again for the House to get in line and put McCarthy in that seat pronto.

In the end, the Conservatives won.  They ignored your advice.  They ignored Trump's advice.  They won.  And you have the chutzpah to give Trump all the credit?  How dishonest.

Perfect Perspective.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1416 on: January 08, 2023, 07:42:03 am »
   Beautiful Presentation @Hoodat

Doesn't smell right when DJT claims credit after arm twisting results in 13 cosecutive rebukes of that advise.

Try flipping a coin 13 times in a row with consecutive results.

There is no doubt his influence and power has waned....  especially after being embarrased from his hand picked choices of  Oz and Walker.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1417 on: January 08, 2023, 07:43:51 am »
And let the record show that @Right_in_Virginia was also on board the McCarthy train from Ballot 1, and openly criticized other members here cheering on each hard-won Conservative concession.

To hell with your Establishment-loving god.

I ditto that sentiment. Time for Trump to assume to elder statesman role, and us move forward.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1418 on: January 08, 2023, 09:33:45 am »
It may well be that this was Jordan's moment and because he hesitated it may never come again. Maybe Jordan has gone as far as he is going to go.

Nah... He's playing along... Above the fray... With Freedom Caucus' blessing.

A certain amount of this is always going to be kabuki theater... But if Jordan were betraying, his fellows would be crucifying him, and they are not.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1419 on: January 08, 2023, 09:45:03 am »
Again, Trump stepped in before Round 1, telling everyone to confirm McCarthy with ZERO concessions.

...And shot his entire wad right there... FIFTEEN rounds later...  :silly: :silly: :silly:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1420 on: January 08, 2023, 10:08:55 am »
I never saw a minute of The Apprentice."

@Cyber Liberty

Me either,but I do think I might have heard of it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1421 on: January 08, 2023, 10:13:41 am »
Really?  You really do understand my skepticism?  Because I am now having difficult reconciling this statement with the complete absence of any facts to support your claim - a claim with the sole purpose of validating that Donald J. Trump is the cause of everything good in the world - a claim which also is contradicted by the actions of others.

@Hoodat

Jealousy and envy of the rich is not healthy. You should seek counseling.

Either that or admit you are a Dim and get that weight off your shoulders.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

« Reply #1422 on: January 08, 2023, 02:07:38 pm »
Thank you, @Hoodat  You've been very helpful. 

Offline bilo

« Reply #1423 on: January 08, 2023, 03:21:18 pm »
Doesn't smell right when DJT claims credit after arm twisting results in 13 cosecutive rebukes of that advise.

Try flipping a coin 13 times in a row with consecutive results.

There is no doubt his influence and power has waned....  especially after being embarassed from his hand picked choices of  Oz and Walker.

Maybe Trump's time has passed.

His instincts were outstanding when he first ran for POTUS, but lately it's been one misstep after another.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #1424 on: January 08, 2023, 03:35:04 pm »
I'm absolutely no fan of Trump at all, but it is certainly possible that his continued pressure was one of the factors that led the FC to agree to that deal in the end.

But it's also true that he was not responsible at all for the FC getting any concessions.