Author Topic: House Speaker Vote Live 2nd Thread  (Read 45497 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: House Speaker Vote Live 2nd Thread
« Reply #1600 on: October 04, 2023, 10:59:06 pm »
I am not a Gaetz/MAGA fan... but to the extent that McCarthy did not keep his word, then his word is no good... And then I am alright with Gaetz.

That's  where I am.  For those who say "The timing is terrible," I reply that with the Speaker controlling the gavel, there exists no "Good time."  A good time to do it is when you have the votes, and Gaetz knows it.

McCarthy tried business as usual by breaking multiple promises he made to get elected, and we need to see more people burned for doing that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1601 on: October 04, 2023, 11:01:18 pm »
That's  where I am.  For those who say "The timing is terrible," I reply that with the Speaker controlling the gavel, there exists no "Good time."  A good time to do it is when you have the votes, and Gaetz knows it.

McCarthy tried business as usual by breaking multiple promises he made to get elected, and we need to see more people burned for doing that.

That's right.  :beer:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1602 on: October 04, 2023, 11:05:18 pm »
That's right.  :beer:

LOL.  I am dangerously close to just wanting to see the world burn.  A pox on all of them.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1603 on: October 04, 2023, 11:11:37 pm »
LOL.  I am dangerously close to just wanting to see the world burn.  A pox on all of them.

Pretty sure that  view comes from sitting on a  mountain top...  :whistle: That's what they tell me anyway...  :laugh:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1604 on: October 04, 2023, 11:17:00 pm »
You still didn't answer my question; how did Americans benefit under Boehner, Ryan and McCarthy? They didn't because all 3 caved to the DEMS and gave them what they wanted even they they had the majority under their heels.

Ryan gave them more than they even asked for.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1605 on: October 04, 2023, 11:18:05 pm »

Welcome to the club
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1606 on: October 04, 2023, 11:18:18 pm »
Pretty sure that  view comes from sitting on a  mountain top...  :whistle: That's what they tell me anyway...  :laugh:

My mountain top is not as high as yours, but it's 900 Ft. above the Colorado River....
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1607 on: October 04, 2023, 11:23:06 pm »
My mountain top is not as high as yours, but it's 900 Ft. above the Colorado River....

Well... there ya go.  :laugh: