Author Topic: House Speaker Vote Live 2nd Thread  (Read 46365 times)

Offline Mesaclone

Re: House Speaker Vote Live 2nd Thread
« Reply #1050 on: January 06, 2023, 09:12:34 pm »
The fact that the Democrats and their media support McCarthy for speaker tells you all you need to know.
If the Democrats want it, whatever it is, you know it cannot be a good thing for America.

Except they don't support him, that's just something you've made up to feel better.

The media and the Dems are in love with 6 holdout morons....LOVE. They are twitterpated that these fools will continue making Conservatives look like dysfunctional monkeys. THAT is why they are cheering this on...and that is why these 6 fools are little more than useful idiots.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1051 on: January 06, 2023, 09:12:36 pm »
Right.  And I don't think everyone who doesn't agree with Gaetz, Boebert, and Biggs can fairly be labelled a "RINO".

That's because RINOs are now the Republican Party.  Because of GOP allegiance to the Uniparty, Conservatives are now the ones who are Republican in Name Only, since they don't buy into the liberalism that today's GOP embraces.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1052 on: January 06, 2023, 09:13:24 pm »
Not until it shows up in writing, it's not.  Trust but verify.

The written agreement was signed days ago

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #1053 on: January 06, 2023, 09:14:58 pm »
That's because RINOs are now the Republican Party.  Because of GOP allegiance to the Uniparty, Conservatives are now the ones who are Republican in Name Only, since they don't buy into the liberalism that today's GOP embraces.

Keep wearing that aluminum foil hat...tell me again how Jim Jordan is a RINO (he's been supporting McCarthy through 14 votes...clearly he's a uniparty guy, right?)

For clarity, when people like Jordan are too soft and too liberal for ya...its a you problem.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #1054 on: January 06, 2023, 09:15:07 pm »
The written agreement was signed days ago

Then make it public. No Nancy Pelosi Secret Santa stuff.
The Republic is lost.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1055 on: January 06, 2023, 09:16:10 pm »
McCarthy Votes (218 needed)

Ballot #- votes

1- 203
2- 203
3- 202
4- 201
5- 201
6- 201
7- 201
8- 201
9- 200
10- 200
11- 200
12- 213
13- 214

Thirteen votes, and McCarthy is still holding firm to Uniparty control.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1056 on: January 06, 2023, 09:20:11 pm »
Then make it public. No Nancy Pelosi Secret Santa stuff.

It was.  Easy for you to find.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1057 on: January 06, 2023, 09:21:37 pm »

Jim Jordan and Chip Roy are uniparty?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1058 on: January 06, 2023, 09:22:29 pm »
Keep wearing that aluminum foil hat...tell me again how Jim Jordan is a RINO (he's been supporting McCarthy through 14 votes...clearly he's a uniparty guy, right?)

For clarity, when people like Jordan are too soft and too liberal for ya...its a you problem.

Nonsense. Jordan had too much to lose ... Of course he stayed out of the fray.

That does nothing at all to the argument that the GOP is littered with moderate and liberal RINOs, and that they stand in direct opposition to the Conservative agenda. Nor the bare fact that the globalist moderates who control the party would rather deal with democrats than deal with conservatives.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1059 on: January 06, 2023, 09:30:48 pm »
Except they don't support him, that's just something you've made up to feel better.
You are a delusional fanatic. I cannot take anything you post seriously.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1060 on: January 06, 2023, 09:36:14 pm »
I've been fighting @roamer_1  for years here at TBR about the so called binary choice for the betterment of the country around party loyalty.  I am about to concede. 

If any thing has taught me this week, is that the "Uni-Party label"  is more than a motif.  It's a real and destructive force strangling  the long term functionality of this country.

I was a pioneer southern Republican, and the 3rd in the history of my County to Register so in 1975.  Looks like that relationship is crumbling

Bookmark

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1061 on: January 06, 2023, 09:41:00 pm »

Jim Jordan and Chip Roy are uniparty?

There is zero connection between my post and your response.

(See logical fallacies - Non sequitur)

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #1062 on: January 06, 2023, 09:41:50 pm »

The media and the Dems are in love with 6 holdout morons....LOVE. They are twitterpated that these fools will continue making Conservatives look like dysfunctional monkeys. THAT is why they are cheering this on...and that is why these 6 fools are little more than useful idiots.

The crippling of the House GOP - because that is exactly what has happened - benefits the House Democrats more than anyone else.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1063 on: January 06, 2023, 09:43:28 pm »
The crippling of the House GOP - because that is exactly what has happened - benefits the House Democrats more than anyone else.

Nonsense.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #1064 on: January 06, 2023, 09:44:44 pm »
It was.  Easy for you to find.

Actually it wasn't, not even on Twitter. I'm not sure what I found is even current.

A press conference would bring much more clarity, but I'm sure Old Kevs doesn't like that kind of sunshine.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
The Republic is lost.

Online Hoodat

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #1067 on: January 06, 2023, 10:00:04 pm »
Actually it wasn't, not even on Twitter. I'm not sure what I found is even current.

A press conference would bring much more clarity, but I'm sure Old Kevs doesn't like that kind of sunshine.

Pretty sure the FC doesn't want any of it public either.

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1069 on: January 06, 2023, 10:02:32 pm »
Pretty sure the FC doesn't want any of it public either.

Of course they would want it to be public - That's why this whole episode happened as it did.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
The Republic is lost.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #1071 on: January 06, 2023, 10:09:51 pm »
Seen that, thx.

From reading the underlying article in The Hill, this seems to be from "sources".  The agreements, etc., don't appear to have been punished officially by either McCarthy or the FC.  That's pretty common in negotiations.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #1072 on: January 06, 2023, 10:16:27 pm »
From reading the underlying article in The Hill, this seems to be from "sources".  The agreements, etc., don't appear to have been punished officially by either McCarthy or the FC.  That's pretty common in negotiations.

If they are still negotiating. Once it's done, Old Kevs needs to do a press conference, but he won't.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #1073 on: January 06, 2023, 10:18:30 pm »
If they are still negotiating. Once it's done, Old Kevs needs to do a press conference, but he won't.

Well, it won't really matter because the rules votes and committee assignments are public anyway.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #1074 on: January 06, 2023, 10:22:18 pm »
Well, it won't really matter because the rules votes and committee assignments are public anyway.

It puts him on record, and the press conference publicly commits his support for said agreement.
The Republic is lost.