Author Topic: House Speaker Vote Live 2nd Thread  (Read 46366 times)

Online Hoodat

Re: House Speaker Vote Live 2nd Thread
« Reply #425 on: January 05, 2023, 09:41:28 pm »
C-Span reported that some kind of deal may being worked in the GOP Whip's office.

After the one "guilting" nomination speech today, I don't see it.

Speaking of the GOP Whip, Steve Scalise's ONLY job is to get all the votes in line.  He really sucks at his job.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #427 on: January 05, 2023, 09:43:46 pm »
Speaking of the GOP Whip, Steve Scalise's ONLY job is to get all the votes in line.  He really sucks at his job.

He is the Rona Romney of the house but without the junk.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #428 on: January 05, 2023, 09:44:49 pm »
Note this has brought sunlight to all the Pubbies in the closet.  We are in a small minority, but that doesn't mean we're letting go of the tiger's tail.  I'm hearing many people starting to repeat my line from Tuesday:  "If not now, when?"

Who is to say which is the Hill to Die on and for.......

The dim/RINO steamroller has to stop somewhere.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #429 on: January 05, 2023, 09:44:49 pm »
Like the Trump lackey who slandered Gaetz as some kind of rapist, pedophile and human trafficker even though a hostile justice system found nothing?

Making up this shit sure is a good example.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #430 on: January 05, 2023, 09:45:02 pm »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #431 on: January 05, 2023, 09:46:18 pm »
OK, then allow me to put it in simpler terms for you.  How much in federal spending has Congress appropriated in the past three days?

None.  But that's not what you said.

In any case, the spending that is occurring right now is spending that was authorized last year.  So it's happening already.  What this Congress would be debating is spending for next fiscal year, which doesn't happen until October so it wouldn't be happening whether Congress was in session or not.

In other words, not a penny less is being spent, and the debt is still accruing as those previously-authorized funds are spent.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 09:47:18 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #432 on: January 05, 2023, 09:52:16 pm »
In any case, the spending that is occurring right now is spending that was authorized last year.  So it's happening already.

And the borrowing to cover that spending was also authorized last year.

What this Congress would be debating is spending for next fiscal year, which doesn't happen until October so it wouldn't be happening whether Congress was in session or not.

Congress debates a hell of a lot more spending than that.  There were trillions of dollars added to our debt last year during session that had nothing to do with the budget.  The Inflation Reduction Act [sic] is a prime example.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #433 on: January 05, 2023, 09:54:22 pm »
McCarthy faction pushing the patriotism angle now.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online DB

« Reply #434 on: January 05, 2023, 09:56:03 pm »
So our party is so shallow there is no one other than McCarthy that can lead the house?

Is that what these 200 are saying?

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #435 on: January 05, 2023, 09:57:14 pm »
 :bkmk: Hold the Line Bookmark (I find myself 20 pages behind)... seems my nap turned into 4 hour tour to Gilligan's Island.

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online roamer_1

« Reply #436 on: January 05, 2023, 09:57:43 pm »
So our party is so shallow there is no one other than McCarthy that can lead the house?

Well, it's obvious that McCarthy can't lead the house either.  :whistle:

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #437 on: January 05, 2023, 09:58:14 pm »
I don't know why anyone thinks he is Conservative.

Ummm. Because he’s advocated for every important conservative policy position AND supported an endless stream of conservative leaders and candidates. Of course, that doesn’t mean he has to advocate for conservatives who are being grotesquely incompetent and self aggrandizing (case in point being the 22 morons holding up the speakership). These 22 are destroying Conservatism and alienating voters across the country…dumb is not a strong enough word for what these dimwits are doing.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #438 on: January 05, 2023, 09:58:21 pm »
Making up this shit sure is a good example.

Ex-Trump Aide Wrecks ‘Brat’ Matt Gaetz: ‘You Hate McCarthy’ Because He Didn’t Defend You ‘Screwing Call Girls’

On Wednesday, Sam Nunberg, a strategist who advised Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign, tweeted at Gaetz and accused him of only opposing McCarthy for Speaker because the Republican leader would not defend Gaetz against accusations he’d slept with “call girls.”

Nunberg’s tweet was in response to Gaetz claiming he’d been told by a colleague that McCarthy was in for an “endless war.” This would be after McCarthy lost multiple rounds of voting to become Speaker of the House.

“He texted one of my colleagues who didn’t vote for him: ‘I am ready to fund an endless war.’ I’m assuming this is in *addition* to Ukraine,” Gaetz tweeted.

Nunberg told the Trump supporter to listen to his “daddy” and support McCarthy, referring to Trump calling for Republicans to unite following McCarthy failing to gain enough support from his own party.

“bleep off @mattgaetz,” Nunberg tweeted. “You hate McCarthy because he didn’t issue a press release defending you for screwing call girls. Maybe you are being an arsonist gadfly because you are suffering from early late stage syphilis? Listen to your daddy Donald and cut this shit out you brat.”

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/ex-trump-aide-wrecks-brat-matt-gaetz-you-hate-mccarthy-because-he-didnt-defend-you-screwing-call-girls/

--------

And on drugs too!

Alleged ‘Weed Lady’ Rep. Nancy Mace Asks Rep. Matt Gaetz If He’s On Drugs

South Carolina Republican Rep. Nancy Mace asked Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz if he’s on drugs, as Gaetz refuses to vote for Kevin McCarthy in the bid for Speaker of the House.

Mace, who has pushed to legalize cannabis in the U.S., accused Gaetz on Wednesday of being on drugs in response to Gaetz and several other lawmakers refusing to vote for McCarthy as the House begins its fourth vote to elect a new speaker.

“I know people think I’m the weed lady…but serious question [Rep. Matt Gaetz], what are you on?” she wrote.

https://www.conservativereview.com/alleged-weed-lady-rep-nancy-mace-asks-rep-matt-gaetz-if-hes-on-drugs-2659067025.html

The Republic is lost.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #439 on: January 05, 2023, 09:59:03 pm »
:bkmk: Hold the Line Bookmark (I find myself 20 pages behind)... seems my nap turned into 4 hour tour to Gilligan's Island.

The only change is that one GOP Rep went home.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #440 on: January 05, 2023, 09:59:17 pm »

Dibs on MaryAnne.
The Republic is lost.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #441 on: January 05, 2023, 09:59:30 pm »
Ummm. Because he’s advocated for every important conservative policy position AND supported an endless stream of conservative leaders and candidates.

You're kidding, right?

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #442 on: January 05, 2023, 09:59:33 pm »
McCarthy faction pushing the patriotism angle now.

Round 11 will be about kitties, and puppies probably
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #443 on: January 05, 2023, 09:59:47 pm »

That’s what they seem to be implying. That the man with a 54% Liberty Score is Thee Only One who is capable.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #444 on: January 05, 2023, 10:01:05 pm »
Well, it's obvious that McCarthy can't lead the house either.  :whistle:

Well, then who’s this magical ubermensch these 22 idiots are putting forward to be Speaker? Or are they so full of empty rhetoric, so vacuously self aggrandizing, that they haven’t figured that part out yet?

Online Hoodat

« Reply #445 on: January 05, 2023, 10:01:16 pm »
You're kidding, right?

Hey, it sounded good.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #446 on: January 05, 2023, 10:01:41 pm »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #447 on: January 05, 2023, 10:01:57 pm »
Dibs on MaryAnne.

S'Alright... I'll be over here with Ellie May...

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #448 on: January 05, 2023, 10:02:30 pm »
That’s what they seem to be implying. That the man with a 54% Liberty Score is Thee Only One who is capable.

Than who fudge is?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #449 on: January 05, 2023, 10:03:32 pm »
Hey, it sounded good.

Well, Hammity sure don't sound good. I was over that POS when he got in bed with McCain't... not to mention Romulus. *flick*