Author Topic: House Speaker Vote Live 2nd Thread  (Read 46392 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: House Speaker Vote Live 2nd Thread
« Reply #400 on: January 05, 2023, 09:22:34 pm »
Bond debt is a fixed outlay.  I hope you knew that.

Yes.  That continues to accrue regardless of whether any new legislation is passed.  And since the statement was "not one dime has been added to the federal debt", well, yes it has.  The federal debt is larger today than it was on Tuesday.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #401 on: January 05, 2023, 09:23:02 pm »
30 years of betrayal isn't on the ballot for Speaker.

Oh yes it is. Straight outta the moderate wing.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #402 on: January 05, 2023, 09:23:47 pm »
Yes, I do.  And he apparently forgot that the appropriations for this year were passed last year.  So the current additional spending he claims isn't happening actually is happening because it has already been authorized.

What Congress votes on this year is mostly spending for next year.

Hence.... (hint) (hint) "incremental" increase.  He's right...  You know what he meant
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DB

« Reply #403 on: January 05, 2023, 09:24:26 pm »
Mark R. Levin
@marklevinshow

Question: should any of the 20 congressmen who took money from McCarthy’s PAC resign?  Should they at least return the money?  After all, hypocrisy is unprincipled.

12:01 PM · Jan 5, 2023

And you wonder why the swamp remains the swamp... Outsiders must submit to the swamp or resign...
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 09:53:05 pm by DB »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #404 on: January 05, 2023, 09:24:28 pm »
So the current additional spending he claims .  .  .

You might want to revisit my post.  You won't find a single claim about "spending".

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,488560.msg2764220.html#msg2764220
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #405 on: January 05, 2023, 09:24:59 pm »
What the hell was up with Mad Max?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #406 on: January 05, 2023, 09:25:04 pm »
Levin has turned into nothing but a bloviating POS. 

Nothing brings joy to a conservative's day like finding someone new to ridicule, diminish and hate.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #407 on: January 05, 2023, 09:25:50 pm »
Mad Maxine Waters ranting now. Looks like she's drunk even when (I think) she's sober.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #408 on: January 05, 2023, 09:26:25 pm »
Nothing brings joy to a conservative's day like finding someone new to ridicule, diminish and hate.

Says the women who loves Trump more than life itself!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #409 on: January 05, 2023, 09:27:06 pm »
Oh yes it is. Straight outta the moderate wing.

Correct.  McCarthy has not earned the trust of enough Members to keep him from being speaker, and no amount of cajoling by him and his supporters can fix that.

This is on McCarthy and nobody else.  I like seeing the blame go squarely where it belongs.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #410 on: January 05, 2023, 09:27:28 pm »
Mark R. Levin
@marklevinshow

I heard on Fox that the 20 Republicans are demanding several new rules, including term limits.  The only way term limits can be applied to members of Congress under the federal Constitution is by an amendment. Why? First, the Supreme Court has already said so.

Second, you cannot alter the Constitution by statute.  There are term limits on a president because the Constitution was amended after FDR was elected to 4 terms. So, this demand does nothing but deceive the public.  And they know it.

10:26 AM · Jan 5, 2023

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #411 on: January 05, 2023, 09:28:43 pm »

That's humorous. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #412 on: January 05, 2023, 09:29:20 pm »
Congress fills the Treasury with money they "borrowed", most recently with $1.7 trillion.  This is the money that the Executive Branch draws off of until the legislated deadline.  So no, the debt won't increase until the next time Congress needs to "borrow" money.  And for the last three days, this has not occurred.

Okay, I honestly don't know what a single sentence in there actually means.   You're mixing up a few different ideas into a stew I can't decipher, so I'll bow out of this.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #413 on: January 05, 2023, 09:30:34 pm »
Mark R. Levin
@marklevinshow

I heard on Fox that the 20 Republicans are demanding several new rules, including term limits.  The only way term limits can be applied to members of Congress under the federal Constitution is by an amendment.

Which is exactly what these Conservatives are asking for, dumb-ass.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #414 on: January 05, 2023, 09:31:26 pm »
The ninth round is finished, and not one vote has changed since the 3rd Ballot.  On to round 10.  @corbe is going to run out of chicks soon....
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 09:32:16 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #415 on: January 05, 2023, 09:31:41 pm »
Says the women who loves Trump more than life itself!

Once again, you fail to make sense. But, I do love your predictability.   :bighug:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #416 on: January 05, 2023, 09:31:51 pm »

Like the Trump lackey who slandered Gaetz as some kind of rapist, pedophile and human trafficker even though a hostile justice system found nothing?

Sounds like more swampy RINO 'get in line' only we can do that crap.
The Republic is lost.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #417 on: January 05, 2023, 09:31:57 pm »
Okay, I honestly don't know what a single sentence in there actually means.   You're mixing up a few different ideas into a stew I can't decipher, so I'll bow out of this.

OK, then allow me to put it in simpler terms for you.  How much in federal spending has Congress appropriated in the past three days?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #418 on: January 05, 2023, 09:32:42 pm »
McCarthy Votes (218 needed)

Ballot #- votes

1- 203
2- 203
3- 202
4- 201
5- 201
6- 201
7- 201
8- 201
9- 200 (updated Rep. Buck did not vote in this round)

(The oft meme'd definition of insanity is starting to comes to mind)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 09:40:41 pm by catfish1957 »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #419 on: January 05, 2023, 09:33:32 pm »
Hannity's twitter feed was pretty funny today.

His base viewer/listen-ship is not pleased.

I don't know why anyone thinks he is Conservative.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #420 on: January 05, 2023, 09:33:58 pm »
Like the Trump lackey who slandered Gaetz as some kind of rapist, pedophile and human trafficker even though a hostile justice system found nothing?

Sounds like more swampy RINO 'get in line' only we can do that crap.

Yep.  To think that we have been criticizing #AlwaysTrumpers for their ignorance about Trump being married to the Establishment.  Now we realize that it is been because of his marriage to the Establishment that they have supported him.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #421 on: January 05, 2023, 09:37:43 pm »
Yep.  To think that we have been criticizing #AlwaysTrumpers for their ignorance about Trump being married to the Establishment.  Now we realize that it is been because of his marriage to the Establishment that they have supported him.

Note this has brought sunlight to all the Pubbies in the closet.  We are in a small minority, but that doesn't mean we're letting go of the tiger's tail.  I'm hearing many people starting to repeat my line from Tuesday:  "If not now, when?"
I will NOT comply.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #422 on: January 05, 2023, 09:40:05 pm »
C-Span reported that some kind of deal may being worked in the GOP Whip's office.

After the one "guilting" nomination speech today, I don't see it.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #423 on: January 05, 2023, 09:40:24 pm »
Bond debt is a fixed outlay.  I hope you knew that.

Yes.  That continues to accrue regardless of whether any new legislation is passed.  And since the statement was "not one dime has been added to the federal debt", well, yes it has.  The federal debt is larger today than it was on Tuesday.

Bond debt is a fixed outlay, meaning that it is already figured into the budget.  So when Congress passed a budget for the next eight months or so, it included money which retires every bond with interest that will become due during that span.  That money has already been appropriated and placed on the debt balance sheet.  So when a bond retires today, it will be paid out with money that has already been allocated to the Treasury.  They won't have to borrow more money to satisfy that cost.

Now you could argue that the $1.7 trillion wasn't printed up and added to the Treasury in one day, but was spread over the next eight months.  But on paper, the allocation was made last month.  There will be no legislative addition to our federal debt until the next time Congress decides to spend money that they don't have.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #424 on: January 05, 2023, 09:40:59 pm »
Chad Pergram
@ChadPergram
·
1m
Unofficial vote tally on 10th Speaker ballot:
212- jeffries
200- mccarthy 
17- donalds
3-hern
1-present
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34