Author Topic: House Speaker Vote Live 2nd Thread  (Read 46381 times)

Online DB

Re: House Speaker Vote Live 2nd Thread
« Reply #375 on: January 05, 2023, 09:10:10 pm »
Then Gaetz needs to shut his effing mouth.  There is fury building among the 200 Republicans being held hostage.  Six, it takes just six.

A "fury" of more of the same.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #376 on: January 05, 2023, 09:10:22 pm »
9th vote. Same result.

If you want to be a leader McCarthy, be a damn leader! It's on you to get the votes, not bully and strong arm to get your way because you feel entitled.

Quit bleeding and wailing at those who oppose you. Quit the church bitty sophistry trying to shame your opposition. Find a solution and live with the consequences.

Leadership starts with leading. Crap or get off the pot.

McCarthy needs to cut bait.  He's drowned enough worms
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #377 on: January 05, 2023, 09:10:50 pm »
It would be a logical conclusion to the long existing pattern...

Sure it would.  I'm sure Jim Jordan is a huge Pelosi fan.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #378 on: January 05, 2023, 09:11:24 pm »
A "fury" of more of the same.

As much fury as the limp wristers can muster.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #379 on: January 05, 2023, 09:11:35 pm »
Then Gaetz needs to shut his effing mouth.  There is fury building among the 200 Republicans being held hostage.  Six, it takes just six.

Half of the country has been held hostage for at least 30 years.  The 201 can suck eggs.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #380 on: January 05, 2023, 09:12:33 pm »
Sure it would.  I'm sure Jim Jordan is a huge Pelosi fan.

LOL.  No, McCarthy is the big Pelosi fan here, he's using her playbook right now.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #381 on: January 05, 2023, 09:12:37 pm »
WRONG!!!!!

No new additonal incremental debt was added.  That takes legislation ,  and budgetary outlay  release via GAO.....

So the debt on interest just wasn't incurred?  Do the bondholders know that?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #382 on: January 05, 2023, 09:13:15 pm »

Tough crap. McCarthy said he will not back down as long as he has 5 or more in his coalition. That's basically saying he's not going to negotiate. He nuked himself right there because nobody can trust a word he says.

He needs to meet with the 21 or a representative and ask them direct what they want. I only put it on them that they define what they want and enumerate it.

Then there needs to be a public statement on record by McCarthy. No 'yeah yeah yeah' crap. It needs to be formally defined, we are way past informal agreements.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 09:15:25 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #383 on: January 05, 2023, 09:14:13 pm »

Then why doesn't a faction of those 200 ask McCarthy to cede to the likes of Jordon or Scalise. 

Seems like a more preferable alternative than taking the Cheney/Kinzinger political suicide route and voting for a dim.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DB

« Reply #384 on: January 05, 2023, 09:14:44 pm »

You know what the point was. You're a smart guy. No new spending laws were passed since this all started further increasing the debt beyond what was already committed to.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #385 on: January 05, 2023, 09:15:03 pm »
Dittos.  Gosar is my guy and he's one of the 21 holding firm.  Mrs. Liberty has his cell number and she's been texting him to hold that line.

YEP. I been on the phone with Rosendale's folks telling him to hold the line too... Took a while to get to a hoomin bean... and I know the back numbers. He's inundated with folks just like me saying just what I said... There's a holler going up loud and clear out of Montana.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #386 on: January 05, 2023, 09:15:08 pm »
Mark R. Levin
@marklevinshow

Question: should any of the 20 congressmen who took money from McCarthy’s PAC resign?  Should they at least return the money?  After all, hypocrisy is unprincipled.

12:01 PM · Jan 5, 2023

Online Hoodat

« Reply #387 on: January 05, 2023, 09:15:57 pm »
Then Gaetz needs to shut his effing mouth.

Damn Trump supporters.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #388 on: January 05, 2023, 09:16:27 pm »

Bond debt is a fixed outlay.  I hope you knew that. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #389 on: January 05, 2023, 09:16:33 pm »
In Round 10 someone should nominate Pelosi

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #390 on: January 05, 2023, 09:16:41 pm »
Tough crap. McCarthy said he will not back down as long as he has 5 or more in his coalition. That's basically saying he's not going to negotiate. He nuked himself right there because nobody can trust a word he says.

He needs to meet with the 21 or a representative and ask them direct what they want. I only put it on they define what they want and enumerate it.

Then there needs to be a public statement on record by McCarthy. No 'yeah yeah yeah' crap. It needs to be formally defined, we are way past informal agreements.

I'm sure a significant number of the 21 have told him he has to withdraw because they will never vote for him.  Doesn't matter what he "offers."
I will NOT comply.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #391 on: January 05, 2023, 09:17:38 pm »
Mark R. Levin
@marklevinshow

Question: should any of the 20 congressmen who took money from McCarthy’s PAC resign?  Should they at least return the money?  After all, hypocrisy is unprincipled.

Let's see the list.  They already lied about Boebert spending money.  And let's discuss this novel political principle of legislators being beholden to PAC money and not to their constituents.

More Democrat-lite from the GOP.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #392 on: January 05, 2023, 09:19:20 pm »
Mark R. Levin
@marklevinshow

Levin has turned into nothing but a bloviating POS. 

Snerdley got it more right in what Conservative Radio thinks.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #393 on: January 05, 2023, 09:19:22 pm »
Then why doesn't a faction of those 200 ask McCarthy to cede to the likes of Jordon or Scalise. 

Because their hatred for the 20 is growing and they are not inclined to help the, in any way.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #394 on: January 05, 2023, 09:20:10 pm »
Negotiations ONLY work if both sides operate in good faith. The 20 morons are not doing so as Hannity exposed so clearly last night.

Only if you believe Hammity, the RINO Mouthpiece.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #395 on: January 05, 2023, 09:20:20 pm »
I'm sure a significant number of the 21 have told him he has to withdraw because they will never vote for him.  Doesn't matter what he "offers."

Hey that's legit. As long as there's an end game. Meet with McCarthy and his peeps, tell them how it is, put it on Kevs and the gang as to what they want to do from there.

By swampy RINO rules, Kevs should have backed down after the 2nd or 3rd vote and endorsed somebody else.
The Republic is lost.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #396 on: January 05, 2023, 09:20:25 pm »

A knife in the back will do that.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #397 on: January 05, 2023, 09:20:26 pm »
You knew what he meant!   LOL

Yes, I do.  And he apparently forgot that the appropriations for this year were passed last year.  So the current additional spending he claims isn't happening actually is happening because it has already been authorized.

What Congress votes on this year is mostly spending for next year.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #398 on: January 05, 2023, 09:22:05 pm »
Only if you believe Hammity, the RINO Mouthpiece.

Hannity's twitter feed was pretty funny today.

His base viewer/listen-ship is not pleased.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #399 on: January 05, 2023, 09:22:11 pm »

Congress fills the Treasury with money they "borrowed", most recently with $1.7 trillion.  This is the money that the Executive Branch draws off of until the legislated deadline.  So no, the debt won't increase until the next time Congress needs to "borrow" money.  And for the last three days, this has not occurred.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-