Author Topic: House Speaker Vote Live 2nd Thread  (Read 46416 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: House Speaker Vote Live 2nd Thread
« Reply #325 on: January 05, 2023, 08:32:50 pm »
Before you do that…feel free to let us know who the “20” morons are wanting to be Speaker.

That false dichotomy isn't even in the ballpark of reality. You're supporting a 8 time loser. Be a leader, make some deals, live with the consequences. Leave the moral sanctimony at the worship center of your choice.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #326 on: January 05, 2023, 08:34:44 pm »
That false dichotomy isn't even in the ballpark of reality. You're supporting a 8 time loser. Be a leader, make some deals, live with the consequences. Leave the moral sanctimony at the worship center of your choice.

About to be 9 time loser.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #327 on: January 05, 2023, 08:35:05 pm »

Sterling example of putting self interest above Party and Country.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #328 on: January 05, 2023, 08:35:45 pm »
Can't the same be said for Gaetz?

No.  Gaetz is successfully getting his result each time.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #329 on: January 05, 2023, 08:36:19 pm »
Can't the same be said for Gaetz?

McCarthy is the one who wants Speaker. Be a leader and figure it out what it's going to take, and live with the consequences. Nobody owes him anything.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #330 on: January 05, 2023, 08:36:24 pm »
I'm not telling Gosar a lie in order to get a traitor elected speaker.  He's not "losing votes," we are the reddest County in the state.  Sorry, I don't play that game.

It’s not a lie. As I said I personally know 5 he and/or Biggs have already lost. I have relative in Texas and Colorado equally disgusted by this fiasco. All I’m asking is you to tell him the truth. My god man…who do u think is being swayed into voting FOR these guys by this idiocy? Those like yourself are ALREADY doing so…but many who joined in the last few elections absolutely won’t be doing so in 2024. That’s no lie, it’s a simple truth.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online Hoodat

« Reply #331 on: January 05, 2023, 08:36:55 pm »
Whoever this is speaking right now is knocking pitch after of pitch dead center right out of the park.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #332 on: January 05, 2023, 08:37:30 pm »
McCarthy is the one who wants Speaker. Be a leader and figure it out what it's going to take, and live with the consequences. Nobody owes him anything.

Negotiations ONLY work if both sides operate in good faith. The 20 morons are not doing so as Hannity exposed so clearly last night.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #333 on: January 05, 2023, 08:38:47 pm »
AND...  Loudly proclaimed he'd go scorched earth ,burn down this institution and fight until he had  4 people standing with him.

I don't recall him proclaiming that loudly, or even saying it period.  Or did I miss that statement?

Online Hoodat

« Reply #334 on: January 05, 2023, 08:39:36 pm »
It’s not a lie. As I said I personally know 5 he and/or Biggs have already lost. I have relative in Texas and Colorado equally disgusted by this fiasco. All I’m asking is you to tell him the truth. My god man…who do u think is being swayed into voting FOR these guys by this idiocy? Those like yourself are ALREADY doing so…but many who joined in the last few elections absolutely won’t be doing so in 2024. That’s no lie, it’s a simple truth.

If establishment hacks such as yourself weren't so hellbent from blocking Conservatives from taking office, McCarthy would have more votes to play with.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #335 on: January 05, 2023, 08:39:41 pm »
Whoever this is speaking right now is knocking pitch after of pitch dead center right out of the park.

Rosendale.  He sure did.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #336 on: January 05, 2023, 08:40:19 pm »

Rosendale of Montana. He was very powerful. I’d like to see him as Speaker.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #337 on: January 05, 2023, 08:40:32 pm »

You are being disgusted at the wrong people.  You should be PO'ed at 30 years of betrayal.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #338 on: January 05, 2023, 08:40:55 pm »

The problem is that what it might "take" to get enough of those 20 may be too much for some of his other 200 supporters.  I'd imagine they're not all that keen on giving holdouts the cream of the committee assignments rather than distributing them more evenly.

If the demands of the 20 are too much for the other 200...that's just a stalemate.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #339 on: January 05, 2023, 08:42:25 pm »

Dude is awesome.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #340 on: January 05, 2023, 08:43:00 pm »
If establishment hacks such as yourself weren't so hellbent from blocking Conservatives from taking office, McCarthy would have more votes to play with.

Fact.  McCarthy's in big trouble because he failed to get more R's elected last November.
I will NOT comply.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #341 on: January 05, 2023, 08:43:13 pm »
Sterling example of putting self interest above Party and Country.

Point being that it's on McCarthy's head to break this stalemate. HE needs to do something, not anyone else. Appease the Conservatives, or appease the Rats, his choice.

The Conservatives need to know what they want to give up their votes. Either meet with all 21 or with Donalds, and work it out. Or work something with the Rats, but quit acting like he's entitled and repeating this dog and pony over and over.

McCarthy could put himself and everyone on record and publicly propose a rules structure of legislation. Be bold, take a risk, lead out.

But he won't do that because he's not seriously negotiating. Just nods and promises till he gets what he wants, then file 13 everything.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 08:46:12 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #342 on: January 05, 2023, 08:43:33 pm »
You are being disgusted at the wrong people.  You should be PO'ed at 30 years of betrayal.

30 years of betrayal isn't on the ballot for Speaker.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #343 on: January 05, 2023, 08:45:30 pm »
The problem is that what it might "take" to get enough of those 20 may be too much for some of his other 200 supporters.  I'd imagine they're not all that keen on giving holdouts the cream of the committee assignments rather than distributing them more evenly.

If the demands of the 20 are too much for the other 200...that's just a stalemate.

That's a half slice. If McCarthy made the same deal with Rats there would be no objections from the same 200.
The Republic is lost.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #344 on: January 05, 2023, 08:45:35 pm »
This is absolute stupidity on steroids. Let's say the Gang of 20 get what they want - McCarthy withdraws.

OK, what happens next? Only one thing is reasonably possible: Hakeem Jeffries becomes the Speaker of the House.

Why? Because there is no one else among House Republicans who will get more than the Democrats' 212 votes. They will divide their votes among various candidates, because the chance of them agreeing on any one person in lockstep, like the Democrats is nil. None. Nada. Not happening.

Idiots.

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #345 on: January 05, 2023, 08:47:32 pm »
30 years of betrayal isn't on the ballot for Speaker.

I beg to differ sir!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #346 on: January 05, 2023, 08:47:35 pm »
Robert Costa
@costareports

Gaetz tells reporters just now that this all ends either with McCarthy deciding to “withdraw from the race” or agrees to a “straitjacket” agreement that fully constrains him as speaker.

1:46 PM · Jan 5, 2023

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #347 on: January 05, 2023, 08:47:50 pm »
I don't recall him proclaiming that loudly, or even saying it period.  Or did I miss that statement?

https://nypost.com/2023/01/03/rep-kevin-mccarthy-says-earned-house-speaker-job/

<snipit>
Rep. Kevin McCarthy told his fellow Republicans “I earned this job” during a heated conference meeting Tuesday morning, just hours before the full chamber was expected to vote on his bid to be speaker of the House.

“I earned this job,” said McCarthy (R-Calif.). “We earned this majority, and God damn it, we are going to win it today.”

However, the GOP leader also admitted that he won’t have the 218 votes likely needed to win on the first ballot, according to CNN, but vowed not to stand down if his initial bid fails.

​“I’m not going to go away,” McCarthy said to his colleagues. “I’m going to stand until the last four friends stand with me.”
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #348 on: January 05, 2023, 08:49:13 pm »

Yet another choice for a compromise candidate. All McCarthy has to do is back down and give the word.

W...T...H is the problem with him? I think I know.
The Republic is lost.

Offline oldno7

« Reply #349 on: January 05, 2023, 08:49:20 pm »

Very good speech.

It was what all Americans should want--actual and effective representation.