Author Topic: House Speaker Vote Live 2nd Thread  (Read 46430 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: House Speaker Vote Live 2nd Thread
« Reply #300 on: January 05, 2023, 08:01:30 pm »
A Primer: Kevin McCarthy’s Olive Branches to Conservatives

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/01/05/a-primer-kevin-mccarthys-olive-branches-to-conservatives/

Sounds like part of the hole that McCarthy dug himself in, was he had a managable negotiating situation with 5.  Now that the rebels have grown to 20, and have factioned off.  That's his fault he has to now try to herd cats. 

All he needs to do now, is do the honorable thing and cede to an alternative.  Then this will be over.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 08:05:18 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #301 on: January 05, 2023, 08:03:30 pm »

I am a MAGA Republican and now a hard core Ron Desantis supporter. I deeply admire and respect President Trump and his incredible voice and accomplishments. I’ve voted Republican all my life and my conservative credentials are rock solid.

Hell, I don’t like McCarthy at all…but it wasn’t McCarthy who has handed the country to the Dems. Rather, these 20 clowns have destroyed the electoral hopes of Conservatism for a decade at least…possibly for a full generations worth of voters. Any hope for accountability, conservative legislation, and winning congress and the White House are ruined…and not just for 2024. They have essentially destroyed any belief in the credibility and competence of Conservatives and Republicans in the United States.

We must never forgive or forget…and these morons must be primaried and politically gutted from the Right.

You dip$hits have surrendered us all to the far Left. Great work…and some of you are dumb enough to celebrate the end of Conservatism in our government. And making dimwitted assertions like “Better Pelosi than McCarthy” are not declarations of principle, they simply demonstrate moronic delusion and disturbing ignorance of the political spectrum.

For my part, I am now dedicated to getting Andy Biggs primaried and removed in 2024. I’m one small voice here in AZ, but I will do all that I can to make that happen. I suspect many other conservatives will join with me.

It's more emotional venting/catharsis than rational thought at this point.   It makes some folks feel better that "something" is being done even if it turns out to be counter-productive.

There's no way to even argue with that.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #302 on: January 05, 2023, 08:04:32 pm »
I'm in line with most of what you said, right down to "morans".

I was thinking we need 200 more of these "morons", not "politically gutted from the right"--they ARE the right.

Status quo is the left, imo.

They aren't destroying Conservatism, they're defining it.

Woot..woot woot.  Great post.   

We need a leader, not a capitulating RINO.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DB

« Reply #303 on: January 05, 2023, 08:08:25 pm »

I am a MAGA Republican and now a hard core Ron Desantis supporter. I deeply admire and respect President Trump and his incredible voice and accomplishments. I’ve voted Republican all my life and my conservative credentials are rock solid.

Hell, I don’t like McCarthy at all…but it wasn’t McCarthy who has handed the country to the Dems. Rather, these 20 clowns have destroyed the electoral hopes of Conservatism for a decade at least…possibly for a full generations worth of voters. Any hope for accountability, conservative legislation, and winning congress and the White House are ruined…and not just for 2024. They have essentially destroyed any belief in the credibility and competence of Conservatives and Republicans in the United States.

We must never forgive or forget…and these morons must be primaried and politically gutted from the Right.

You dip$hits have surrendered us all to the far Left. Great work…and some of you are dumb enough to celebrate the end of Conservatism in our government. And making dimwitted assertions like “Better Pelosi than McCarthy” are not declarations of principle, they simply demonstrate moronic delusion and disturbing ignorance of the political spectrum.

For my part, I am now dedicated to getting Andy Biggs primaried and removed in 2024. I’m one small voice here in AZ, but I will do all that I can to make that happen. I suspect many other conservatives will join with me.

Andy Biggs is my rep and I fully support what he's doing. And I will do what I can to stop the likes of you trying to primary him.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #304 on: January 05, 2023, 08:12:02 pm »
Andy Biggs is my rep and I fully support what he's doing. And I will do what I can to stop the likes of you trying to primary him.

Dittos.  Gosar is my guy and he's one of the 21 holding firm.  Mrs. Liberty has his cell number and she's been texting him to hold that line.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #306 on: January 05, 2023, 08:14:08 pm »

Biggs gave maybe the strongest most thoughtful nominating speech in the past 3 days, and we have a Briefer who wants to "Primary" this super solid conservative? 

Says a lot doesn't it?

Online Hoodat

« Reply #307 on: January 05, 2023, 08:14:25 pm »
A Primer: Kevin McCarthy’s Olive Branches to Conservatives

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/01/05/a-primer-kevin-mccarthys-olive-branches-to-conservatives/

If McCarthy truly agreed to these terms, then there wouldn't be 21 Republicans voting against him.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #308 on: January 05, 2023, 08:15:59 pm »
If McCarthy truly agreed to these terms, then there wouldn't be 21 Republicans voting against him.

I really think McCarthy has been lying out of his ass.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #309 on: January 05, 2023, 08:17:43 pm »
I was thinking we need 200 more of these "morons", not "politically gutted from the right"--they ARE the right.

DAMN STRAIGHT !
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #310 on: January 05, 2023, 08:17:58 pm »

No. They aren’t defining anything but dysfunctionality. The true Conservatives are IN the 200 voting for Mcarthy. Are you saying Jordan is not a Conservative? Scalise? Many other staunch Conservatives with strong track records?

The 19 are grandstanders, those with personal vendettas, a few moral narcissists, and a couple that just ain’t that bright (Boebert).
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #311 on: January 05, 2023, 08:18:55 pm »
Chad Pergram
@ChadPergram
·
30s
History happening now. House now going to 9th ballot for Speaker. First time its gone to this many ballots since 1923. On ballot 8: Jeffries: 212. McCarthy: 201. Donalds: 17. Hern: 2. Trump: 1. Present: 1.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

« Reply #312 on: January 05, 2023, 08:21:23 pm »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #313 on: January 05, 2023, 08:22:53 pm »

It would be an entirely different story if we did have 200 more of them.  But we don't, and I think this gets us further away from that rather than closer.

I'll also add this -- I don't think we're ever going to get 200+ hardcore conservatives in Congress, but we might one day muster 120 or so.  And if we did, and the conference voted for a truly conservative speaker, but he was sabotaged by a group of 20 RINOs who refused to vote for a conservative, what would our reaction be?

This kind of crap has a way of coming around and biting you in the keister.  The reason you support the conference choice isn't because he's the preferred guy, but because you hope one day to have the conference choose a conservative Speaker, and you'd want the rest of the conference to back that choice.  This pretty much guarantees that the rest of the conference is going to be looking for payback if a conservative ever manages to win the conference speaker vote.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #314 on: January 05, 2023, 08:23:03 pm »
Dittos.  Gosar is my guy and he's one of the 21 holding firm.  Mrs. Liberty has his cell number and she's been texting him to hold that line.

Good. Let him know that he’s losing votes every day. Lost 5 in my household already…and he sure ain’t gaining support from anywhere…so what’s the goal here? Many of us want the Dems held accountable…not a pointless damn fiasco that makes all Republicans look like dimwitted incompetents.

Tell me…who is “their” candidate for the Speakership? No one seems to know as it keeps changing? They want McCarthy out, yet offer no one capable CNN of getting more than 22 votes…that defines the stupidity of this whole egotistical mess.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 08:24:06 pm by Mesaclone »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #315 on: January 05, 2023, 08:23:27 pm »
Biggs gave maybe the strongest most thoughtful nominating speech in the past 3 days, and we have a Briefer who wants to "Primary" this super solid conservative? 

Says a lot doesn't it?

They call us "Terrorists."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #316 on: January 05, 2023, 08:23:37 pm »

For a brief second there I was 25 again.  :yowsa:
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #317 on: January 05, 2023, 08:25:51 pm »
Good. Let him know that he’s losing votes every day. Many of us want the Dems held accountable…not a pointless damn fiasco that makes all Republicans look like dimwitted incompetents.

Tell me…who is “their” candidate for the Speakership? No one seems to know as it keeps changing? They want McCarthy out, yet offer no one capable CNN of getting more than 22 votes…that defines the stupidity of this whole egotistical mess.

I'm not telling Gosar a lie in order to get a traitor elected speaker.  He's not "losing votes," we are the reddest County in the state.  Sorry, I don't play that game.
I will NOT comply.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #318 on: January 05, 2023, 08:26:38 pm »
McCarthy doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #319 on: January 05, 2023, 08:27:53 pm »
Good. Let him know that he’s losing votes every day. Lost 5 in my household already…and he sure ain’t gaining support from anywhere…so what’s the goal here? Many of us want the Dems held accountable…not a pointless damn fiasco that makes all Republicans look like dimwitted incompetents.

Don't say another word - let me get my chest waders on first...
The Republic is lost.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #320 on: January 05, 2023, 08:28:17 pm »
They call us "Terrorists."

Us? The “us” in question who are called “terrorists” have been US Maga voters. So your use of “us” is dishonest.

Yes. They are destroying any chance of winning the White House, retaking the Senate and holding the House. So the only thing these fools are terrorizing is the chance for Conservatives to retake congress and the White House.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #321 on: January 05, 2023, 08:29:15 pm »
Don't say another word - let me get my chest waders on first...

Before you do that…feel free to let us know who the “20” morons are wanting to be Speaker.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #322 on: January 05, 2023, 08:29:22 pm »

And as expected McCarty's backers are resorting to the threats and invective.
I will NOT comply.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #323 on: January 05, 2023, 08:29:34 pm »
To the topic being bantered around grandstanding and narcissitic activity?

Ol' Kev is the guy who put his furniture in Speakers Office prematurely,  in true entitlement fashion.

AND...  Loudly proclaimed he'd go scorched earth ,burn down this institution and fight until he had  4 people standing with him.

If you are going to scream hypocrisy, at least make it an equal opportunity process.

I want a fighter who will give the dimocrats hell. One who will fight dimocrats more than conservatives.  That guy is not Kevin McCarthy.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 08:33:09 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #324 on: January 05, 2023, 08:31:27 pm »

Can't the same be said for Gaetz? 

Anyway, the 20 have turned this into a game of electoral chicken, and we all know that the only way you lose is if you give up.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 08:35:54 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »