Author Topic: House Speaker Vote Live Thread #congress #speaker #house #vote  (Read 11802 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: House Speaker Vote Live Thread #congress #speaker #house #vote
« Reply #275 on: January 04, 2023, 03:39:14 pm »
Amen!

One thought about the Speakership and McCarthy, hasn't he shown himself to be unsuited to the job because he couldn't reconcile the different groups within the party before the first vote?

His own arrogance cost him.  Agreeing to a few simple reasonable conservative concession would have had him a 1st ballot winner.

This shit storm is all on him. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline bilo

« Reply #276 on: January 04, 2023, 03:39:55 pm »
What are you talking about here?

McCarthy won the Republican nomination for Speaker with 86% of the vote @Cyber Liberty   No other viable candidate has been put forward in the seven weeks since he won.

What would you think in his shoes?

So McCarthy had 7 weeks to bring all the Pub members together and he couldn't do it. It sure doesn't speak well of his ability to lead, unless of course the Speakership position is that of a tyrant.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #277 on: January 04, 2023, 03:42:14 pm »
Amen!

One thought about the Speakership and McCarthy, hasn't he shown himself to be unsuited to the job because he couldn't reconcile the different groups within the party before the first vote?

Seems likely... he threw it away over 4 concessions the Conservatives asked for - a flat no, with an expectation that they kiss the ring...

Looks like that was a bad move.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #278 on: January 04, 2023, 03:42:51 pm »
So McCarthy had 7 weeks to bring all the Pub members together and he couldn't do it. It sure doesn't speak well of his ability to lead, unless of course the Speakership position is that of a tyrant.

Exactly....  A Beacon of Entitlement Arrogance.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline bilo

« Reply #279 on: January 04, 2023, 03:49:02 pm »
His own arrogance cost him.  Agreeing to a few simple reasonable conservative concession would have had him a 1st ballot winner.

This shit storm is all on him.

I'm with you. What I'm seeing in this floor fight over the Speakership is the arrogance of the establishment (uniparty) Pubs. They have taken the position that MAGA Pubs just need to sit down and shut up, or they won't get any committee assignments. If McCarthy was capable he would have worked out all the issues before the vote. The MAGA Pubs have to hang in there over time things will swing their way. They may not get everything they want but they wouldn't get anything without this fight.

Offline bilo

« Reply #280 on: January 04, 2023, 03:51:11 pm »
Seems likely... he threw it away over 4 concessions the Conservatives asked for - a flat no, with an expectation that they kiss the ring...

Looks like that was a bad move.

And the more this gets publicized the more public sentiment will fall behind the MAGA Pubs. The concessions are not unreasonable and would be good for the USA.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #281 on: January 04, 2023, 03:55:27 pm »
Rep. Jordan: 'No' chance I become speaker
Situation Room
Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) tells CNN's Manu Raju there is 'no' chance he'll become Speaker of the House after being nominated for the position up against Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-CA).

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2023/01/03/jim-jordan-kevin-mccarthy-speaker-of-the-house-raju-sot-sr-vpx.cnn
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #282 on: January 04, 2023, 03:55:42 pm »
And the more this gets publicized the more public sentiment will fall behind the MAGA Pubs. The concessions are not unreasonable and would be good for the USA.

Considering Trump himself is backing the Swamp critter McCarthy, I almost would divorce from the term MAGA anymore.   Kind of hard to decouple the 2.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #283 on: January 04, 2023, 04:03:48 pm »
What are you talking about here?

McCarthy won the Republican nomination for Speaker with 86% of the vote @Cyber Liberty   No other viable candidate has been put forward in the seven weeks since he won.

What would you think in his shoes?

I'd think "Those stupid knuckledraggers have nobody else to vote for.  Now get my lobbyists on the phone."

What did you think I'd say?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #284 on: January 04, 2023, 04:05:48 pm »
Considering Trump himself is backing the Swamp critter McCarthy, I almost would divorce from the term MAGA anymore.

You mean MEGA, right?

Making the Establishment Great Again
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #285 on: January 04, 2023, 04:06:22 pm »
Rep. Don Bacon (R-NE) revealed to CNN on Wednesday that preliminary talks are “underway” to potentially pick a “consensus candidate” should Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) be unable to secure enough votes to become Speaker of the House.

McCarthy failed to reach the needed threshold to be elected to the position three times on Tuesday, with more than a dozen Republican lawmakers refusing to concede and support him. CNN’s Jim Sciutto asked Bacon on Wednesday, ahead of even more voting, about the lawmaker’s suggestion that Republicans may need to work with Democrats to get this Speaker vote done.

Bacon revealed there are talks underway for a “consensus candidate,” but he insisted he is still supporting McCarthy and will do so until the Republican takes his name out of the race...

...Bacon also suggested McCarthy himself negotiate with Democrats on committee ratios and office space to possibly get some Democratic votes or for Democrats to simply vote present to lower McCarthy’s threshold.

Sciutto asked if Republicans working with Democrats in such a way is “defying Republican voters,” but Bacon declared, “we have to be Americans first.”

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/moderate-gop-rep-says-preliminary-talks-are-underway-with-dems-on-a-consensus-speaker-candidate/
The Republic is lost.

Offline bilo

« Reply #286 on: January 04, 2023, 04:07:22 pm »
Considering Trump himself is backing the Swamp critter McCarthy, I almost would divorce from the term MAGA anymore.   Kind of hard to decouple the 2.

You're right, but Trump is wrong on this one. Trump has mixed results on who he backs. He's had some great picks, but he has also had a fair number of lousy picks.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #287 on: January 04, 2023, 04:08:12 pm »
Rep. Don Bacon (R-NE) revealed to CNN on Wednesday that preliminary talks are “underway” to potentially pick a “consensus candidate” should Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) be unable to secure enough votes to become Speaker of the House.

Preliminary?  They should have already been talking about this four years ago.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline bilo

« Reply #288 on: January 04, 2023, 04:10:23 pm »

McCarthy failed to reach the needed threshold to be elected to the position three times on Tuesday, with more than a dozen Republican lawmakers refusing to concede and support him. CNN’s Jim Sciutto asked Bacon on Wednesday, ahead of even more voting, about the lawmaker’s suggestion that Republicans may need to work with Democrats to get this Speaker vote done.

Bacon revealed there are talks underway for a “consensus candidate,” but he insisted he is still supporting McCarthy and will do so until the Republican takes his name out of the race...

...Bacon also suggested McCarthy himself negotiate with Democrats on committee ratios and office space to possibly get some Democratic votes or for Democrats to simply vote present to lower McCarthy’s threshold.

Sciutto asked if Republicans working with Democrats in such a way is “defying Republican voters,” but Bacon declared, “we have to be Americans first.”

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/moderate-gop-rep-says-preliminary-talks-are-underway-with-dems-on-a-consensus-speaker-candidate/

And this is the uniparty coming out into the light of the day.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #289 on: January 04, 2023, 04:11:42 pm »
Trump is backing Kevin because McCarthy is Trump's meek, compliant, yes-man hand puppet.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline bilo

« Reply #290 on: January 04, 2023, 04:12:17 pm »
Preliminary?  They should have already been talking about this four years ago.

Yes, but you know the Rats never compromise when they have control. It's the Pubs who sell out when they have a majority.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #291 on: January 04, 2023, 04:13:37 pm »

Buh buh, we gotta be smooooooth, gotta keep the bus rolling, we don't want to be 'embarrassed', can't have anything that makes the primping, preening pageant queens look bad, this is taking too long and it's just too darn hard.
The Republic is lost.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #292 on: January 04, 2023, 04:15:43 pm »

I'm speechless.... 9999hair out0000

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #293 on: January 04, 2023, 04:18:24 pm »

And there are members here who support it 100%.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #294 on: January 04, 2023, 04:30:55 pm »

Exactly!!!!  Can't keep it a secret any longer.

My hat's off to the courage of the 20 who know this might be the nation's last line of defense against Biden's destruction.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 04:32:43 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #295 on: January 04, 2023, 04:32:43 pm »
(Looks at clock.)

Shit's on again in a half hour....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #296 on: January 04, 2023, 04:36:03 pm »
Support what 100%?

Sure, they appoint judges to appease socially conservative culture war donors, but what else do they to advance an America First agenda?

Congressional GOP leadership is about nothing other than obtaining and consolidating more power for themselves and their donors.

They will not do anything to constrain spending or to shrink government, and they duplicitly vote 'no' on over-spending bills that they hope will pass.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #297 on: January 04, 2023, 04:42:58 pm »
Just tried contacting my new Congressman.

"Website incurred an unexpected error"

Go figure.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #298 on: January 04, 2023, 04:44:37 pm »
(Looks at clock.)

Shit's on again in a half hour....

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #299 on: January 04, 2023, 04:45:24 pm »
I'm speechless.... 9999hair out0000

I told you this would happen. Why are you surprised?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien