Author Topic: House Speaker Vote Live Thread #congress #speaker #house #vote  (Read 11801 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: House Speaker Vote Live Thread #congress #speaker #house #vote
« Reply #200 on: January 03, 2023, 09:42:08 pm »
Is McCarthy actually doing worse in Round 3?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #201 on: January 03, 2023, 09:42:11 pm »
Lou Dobbs
@LouDobbs
·
1m
Looks like the RINOs may be counting on a lower quorum number for the third round of voting--fewer Democrats would mean McCarthy needs fewer votes to become Speaker.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #202 on: January 03, 2023, 09:43:52 pm »
Charlie Kirk
@charliekirk11
·
30m
From House source: 2 very plugged-in Dem leadership aides say they are already talking about “coalition leadership” to divide the House evenly between Republicans and Democrats.

Carmine Sabia
@CarmineSabia
·
12m
If that happens, I will fundraise and work as hard as I can to remove Matt Gaetz, Lauren Boebert, and the rest of the 19 Republicans from Congress. And believe me, there are a ton of us who will do the same.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #203 on: January 03, 2023, 10:01:14 pm »
Reported McCarthy wants a 4th vote without adjournment......

Just what does he think this will accomplish?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #204 on: January 03, 2023, 10:04:19 pm »
Is McCarthy actually doing worse in Round 3?

Yes, but only by one vote. 
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline berdie

« Reply #205 on: January 03, 2023, 10:05:01 pm »

Carmine Sabia
@CarmineSabia
·

·
11m
Say want you want about evil Nancy Pelosi, she makes the GOP look like a bunch of amateurs.

First let me say that I despise Pelosi and her ideology...but can't argue with this statement.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #206 on: January 03, 2023, 10:05:23 pm »
Hold the line boys... Hold the line.

You got that right.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #207 on: January 03, 2023, 10:08:44 pm »
Lou Dobbs
@LouDobbs
·
1m
Looks like the RINOs may be counting on a lower quorum number for the third round of voting--fewer Democrats would mean McCarthy needs fewer votes to become Speaker.

So it takes a majority of members present - not members total.  This makes it more precarious.  If enough Republicans walk out, then Jeffries becomes Speaker.  And if enough Dems walk out, McCarthy becomes Speaker.

This is 100% on McCarthy.  He is the one here risking having a Dem Speaker, not the 20 Patriots.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #208 on: January 03, 2023, 10:09:36 pm »
You got that right.

Want to see it really get ugly?  Watch if McCarthy plays with some quorum monkey business to win, or consents to a co-leadership sharing arrangement. 

100% proof this RINO is more into self interest, than the well being of the country
« Last Edit: January 03, 2023, 10:12:38 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #209 on: January 03, 2023, 10:09:42 pm »
The GOP needs some Card Ring girls to help us keep track

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #210 on: January 03, 2023, 10:10:29 pm »
Time to give it up McCarthy and step aside. Three times and you couldn't get it done. Swallow your ego for party unity. Let Jordan be the consensus candidate, because he will be.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #211 on: January 03, 2023, 10:11:29 pm »
Charlie Kirk
@charliekirk11
·
30m
From House source: 2 very plugged-in Dem leadership aides say they are already talking about “coalition leadership” to divide the House evenly between Republicans and Democrats.

We already have coalition Democrat rule.

Carmine Sabia
@CarmineSabia
·
12m
If that happens, I will fundraise and work as hard as I can to remove Matt Gaetz, Lauren Boebert, and the rest of the 19 Republicans from Congress. And believe me, there are a ton of us who will do the same.

Just what the Democrats want.  And it will be 100% on you for backing Democrat-lite at all cost.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #212 on: January 03, 2023, 10:12:08 pm »
Time to give it up McCarthy and step aside. Three times and you couldn't get it done. Swallow your ego for party unity. Let Jordan be the consensus candidate, because he will be.

Ditto.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #213 on: January 03, 2023, 10:12:57 pm »
Want to see it really get ugly?  Watch if McCarthy plays with some quorum monkey business to win, or consents to a co-leadership sharing arrangement.

Dusting off those Secession papers now.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #214 on: January 03, 2023, 10:14:00 pm »

First let me say that I despise Pelosi and her ideology...but can't argue with this statement.

Carmine is wishing the GOP would be more like the Democrats.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #215 on: January 03, 2023, 10:14:40 pm »

Top Notch..... :beer:

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #216 on: January 03, 2023, 10:17:32 pm »
Ditto.

You got to hope that some rank and file GOP finally recognize that this end game McCarthy is pushing is more akin to last man standing, than statesmenship. He is looking more like a loser in every subsequent vote.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #217 on: January 03, 2023, 10:21:05 pm »

Get ready for Vote 4...coming up
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #218 on: January 03, 2023, 10:22:07 pm »
Olivia Beavers
@Olivia_Beavers
·
47s
One GOP member tells me they are discussing a Motion to adjourn until noon and fast McCarthy is on board.

Hearing mixed things about adjourning rn.
Support the USO

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #219 on: January 03, 2023, 10:24:33 pm »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #220 on: January 03, 2023, 10:26:31 pm »
One GOP member tells me they are discussing a Motion to adjourn until noon and fast McCarthy is on board.

Hearing mixed things about adjourning rn.

That gives McCarthy around 18 hrs to confer with his Democrat colleagues to see if they have any dirt on the 20 GOP members.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #221 on: January 03, 2023, 10:28:26 pm »
Finally...adjournment!!!!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #222 on: January 03, 2023, 10:33:32 pm »
Finally...adjournment!!!!

They decided no 4th Ballot?  Well, yeah.  McCarthy was losing votes each time....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #223 on: January 03, 2023, 10:34:15 pm »
House adjourns till Wed at noon...to be continued
Support the USO

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #224 on: January 03, 2023, 10:35:34 pm »
They decided no 4th Ballot?  Well, yeah.  McCarthy was losing votes each time....

You probably have more insider scoop and connections than anyone else here.

Where and how do you think this thing ends????