Author Topic: House Speaker Vote Live Thread #congress #speaker #house #vote  (Read 11624 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: House Speaker Vote Live Thread #congress #speaker #house #vote
« Reply #450 on: January 04, 2023, 08:47:10 pm »
There needs to be a close door session to find a consensus alternative tonight.  GOP leadership needs to give Kev some tough love.

Jordon or Scalise, though not my favorite choice seem to be the logical picks.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #451 on: January 04, 2023, 08:47:37 pm »
For a pack of wild dogs, the leader is usually strong enough to win on the first ballot.

McCarthy had months to do what neeeded to be done.

Political expediency is not an acceptable excuse for avoiding the hard work the American people need to be done.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #452 on: January 04, 2023, 08:48:31 pm »
Just think how much money taxpayers would save if this fight continues through June.

How?  The budget's already set through 2023.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #453 on: January 04, 2023, 08:50:03 pm »
For a pack of wild dogs, the leader is usually strong enough to win on the first ballot.

McCarthy had months to do what neeeded to be done.

Political expediency is not an acceptable excuse for avoiding the hard work the American people need to be done.

And picture the humiliation of having to vacate the Speaker's office.  Kev's not going down without at worst making a deal with satan (the Democratic Party)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #454 on: January 04, 2023, 08:50:17 pm »
Time spent picking a Speaker is time spent not voting on "frameworks" for more spending and for more open borders.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #455 on: January 04, 2023, 08:51:25 pm »

Budgets are alocation of funds....

Outlays are actual funds spent.....

That is how and why we determine surpluses or deficits for each fiscal year.

I vote for a surplus.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #456 on: January 04, 2023, 08:52:30 pm »
Now I want McCarthy to lose because he's just a general dumba**. Who let's it go this long? Crap or get off the pot 6 time loser.
The Republic is lost.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #457 on: January 04, 2023, 08:53:47 pm »
And picture the humiliation of having to vacate the Speaker's office.  Kev's not going down without at worst making a deal with satan (the Democratic Party)
If he turns the committees over to the Dems, then we are back to Jan 1 2022 right out of the gate.
Nothing good will happen. The intentional destruction of America as a Nation will simply continue, with no pause.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #458 on: January 04, 2023, 08:54:10 pm »
Has Kevin McCarthy ceded the Sudetenland, yet, to get more votes for Speaker?

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #459 on: January 04, 2023, 08:55:35 pm »
Has Kevin McCarthy ceded the Sudetenland, yet, to get more votes for Speaker?

Probably offered to split Poland too...
The Republic is lost.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #460 on: January 04, 2023, 08:56:22 pm »

You really think having a budget is going to block Congress from spending more money it doesn't have?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #461 on: January 04, 2023, 09:10:38 pm »
‘This Is Insulting!’ Ex-Trump Spox Blasts ‘White’ Republicans For ‘Using Black Republicans As Shields’ After Byron Donalds Nom

Katrina Pierson, once a longtime spokesperson for former President Donald Trump, ripped Republicans after they nominated Florida Congressman Byron Donalds to be speaker of the House, taking away one more vote from Rep. Kevin McCarthy.

The big political story this week is McCarthy’s tumultuous bid to become speaker amid a revolt from House conservatives, a story which has culminated so far with five votes in which outgoing House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy failed to secure a win.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/this-is-insulting-ex-trump-spox-blasts-white-republicans-for-using-black-republicans-as-shields-after-byron-donalds-nom/
The Republic is lost.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #462 on: January 04, 2023, 09:12:05 pm »
Spartz calls for ‘productive conversation’ after withdrawing McCarthy support for speaker

Rep. Victoria Spartz (R-IN), a past McCarthy supporter, voted "present" on the fourth and fifth ballot to elect the next speaker of the House in an effort to allow for more negotiations within the conference to address the concerns of 20 Republicans who voted against Rep. Kevin McCarthy’s (R-CA) bid.

“My concern right now is that Republicans haven't come together yet. So we have to go back to the conference room and deliberate, as divided as a group of people, and figure it out,” Spartz said to reporters as she walked off the House floor. “How we can get people’s concerns addressed, how we can make sure that people, you know, who are unhappy with one thing and have a productive conversation.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/spartz-calls-productive-conversation-after-withdrawing-mccarthy-support-multiple-ballots
The Republic is lost.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #463 on: January 04, 2023, 09:12:43 pm »
The current process is to spend money they don't have ("spending frameworks"), ask for a higher credit limit ("debt ceiling") to borrow money ("US Treasury Bonds / Federal Debt") necessary to pay for things purchased in previous years.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 09:13:37 pm by DefiantMassRINO »

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #464 on: January 04, 2023, 09:13:59 pm »
At the T's and at 20 votes for Mr. Donalds.
The Republic is lost.

Online DB

« Reply #465 on: January 04, 2023, 09:14:50 pm »
The current process is to spend money they don't have ("spending frameworks"), ask for a higher credit limit ("debt ceiling") to borrow money ("US Treasury Bonds / Federal Debt") necessary to pay for things purchased in previous years.

They've been skipping the US Treasury bond step and just creating money out of thin air.

Online corbe

« Reply #466 on: January 04, 2023, 09:16:07 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #467 on: January 04, 2023, 09:17:16 pm »
The Federal Reserve had been buying US Treasury Bonds to manipulate interest rates lower.

The Fed has stopped buying debt, and that's why interest rates are increasing and the M2 money supply is decreasing.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 09:18:31 pm by DefiantMassRINO »

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #468 on: January 04, 2023, 09:18:34 pm »
The Donalds bloc has held again.
The Republic is lost.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #469 on: January 04, 2023, 09:19:00 pm »
‘This Is Insulting!’ Ex-Trump Spox Blasts ‘White’ Republicans For ‘Using Black Republicans As Shields’ After Byron Donalds Nom

I have a dream that my children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Kamaji

« Reply #470 on: January 04, 2023, 09:20:08 pm »

Katrina Pierson, once a longtime spokesperson for former President Donald Trump, ripped Republicans after they nominated Florida Congressman Byron Donalds to be speaker of the House, taking away one more vote from Rep. Kevin McCarthy.

The big political story this week is McCarthy’s tumultuous bid to become speaker amid a revolt from House conservatives, a story which has culminated so far with five votes in which outgoing House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy failed to secure a win.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/this-is-insulting-ex-trump-spox-blasts-white-republicans-for-using-black-republicans-as-shields-after-byron-donalds-nom/

So Pierson is a racist.

Online corbe

« Reply #471 on: January 04, 2023, 09:22:56 pm »
   Boebert is talking to Donalds on the House floor.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #472 on: January 04, 2023, 09:23:29 pm »
The GOP has an opportunity to attract African-American voters and candidates away from a Dem party that has failed them for the past 50-60 years.

Pierson can eat yellow snow.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #473 on: January 04, 2023, 09:26:22 pm »
Chad Pergram
@ChadPergram
·
40s
Unofficial vote tally for 6th Speaker vote:
Jeffries 212
McCarthy 201
Donalds 20
Present 1
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online corbe

« Reply #474 on: January 04, 2023, 09:28:57 pm »
   IMHO Chip Roy's nomination of Donalds is a stall tactic.  This will break in a whole different direction as some have already predicted.