Author Topic: House Speaker Vote Live Thread #congress #speaker #house #vote  (Read 11795 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: House Speaker Vote Live Thread #congress #speaker #house #vote
« Reply #375 on: January 04, 2023, 07:23:36 pm »
I see I didn't miss much while gone...

Isn't McCarthy embarrassed yet?

Scuttlebutt has it, that he is brokering a deal with the dim.......  (based on traffic on the tw@tter-sphere)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #376 on: January 04, 2023, 07:23:50 pm »
We are at 13 and roughly half way through.
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #377 on: January 04, 2023, 07:24:07 pm »
Maybe they should blow smoke after each round of votes for speaker.  Black smoke, nope. White smoke yup.

LOL!!! When did they stop blowing smoke?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online rustynail

« Reply #378 on: January 04, 2023, 07:25:56 pm »
President Joe Biden says House Republicans' inability to unify behind a speaker candidate is “embarrassing” and “not a good look” for the country

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/biden-gop-speaker-drama-good-country-96180740

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #379 on: January 04, 2023, 07:27:23 pm »
Speaker's race: Chip Roy gets standing ovation after noting historic nominations of 2 Black Americans
Chip Roy nominates Byron Donalds for House speaker

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #380 on: January 04, 2023, 07:29:19 pm »
President Joe Biden says House Republicans' inability to unify behind a speaker candidate is “embarrassing” and “not a good look” for the country

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/biden-gop-speaker-drama-good-country-96180740

Even the pedophile POTUS is right like a broken clock. 

McCarthy is fully accountible for this fecal foray.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #381 on: January 04, 2023, 07:31:02 pm »
Scuttlebutt has it, that he is brokering a deal with the dim.......  (based on traffic on the tw@tter-sphere)

Is this what you mean?

January 4, 2023 8:40am EST
AOC floats 'coalition government' after McCarthy fails to win House speaker vote
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez suggests unlikely resolution to Republican House speaker fight: McCarthy negotiating with Democrats

By Chris Pandolfo | Fox News

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aoc-floats-coalition-government-mccarthy-fails-win-house-speaker-vote

Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #382 on: January 04, 2023, 07:34:58 pm »
So it appears McCarthy is now losing the 5th ballot. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #383 on: January 04, 2023, 07:39:48 pm »
I'm not sure if I fully understand, so tell me if I'm wrong. In order for the 20 to stand strong against McCarthy, a certain amount has to keep voting for McCarthy to keep Jeffries from winning. So, saying only 20 are against McCarthy might be entirely wrong.  Others might want to vote against him, but can't as long as he is in the running. Is that right?
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #384 on: January 04, 2023, 07:41:22 pm »
The Bloc held again.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #385 on: January 04, 2023, 07:43:21 pm »
As undisciplined as this exercise might make the republicans look - the fact of the matter is that this is a good demonstration of what actual democracy looks like, not the phony single-party set-pieces the democrats/progs construct.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #386 on: January 04, 2023, 07:43:50 pm »
I'm not sure if I fully understand, so tell me if I'm wrong. In order for the 20 to stand strong against McCarthy, a certain amount has to keep voting for McCarthy to keep Jeffries from winning. So, saying only 20 are against McCarthy might be entirely wrong.  Others might want to vote against him, but can't as long as he is in the running. Is that right?

No. Votes taken from McCarthy have nothing to do with Jeffries, unless Republicans actually vote for Jeffries - he cannot win otherwise. Dems do not have the 218 votes needed.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #387 on: January 04, 2023, 07:44:35 pm »

Not according to my understanding @LilLamb I think it takes 218 votes to elect anyone so as long as no Republicans jump ship and vote for Jefferies there will be no speaker.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #388 on: January 04, 2023, 07:45:22 pm »
I want to see it go to 40 ballots... 50 ballots... 60 ballots.

If you want to win, that's what it will take.

A quote:
“First they ignore you; then they laugh at you; then they fight you; then you win.”

- Mahatma Gandhi

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #389 on: January 04, 2023, 07:46:32 pm »
Watching the faces, everyone's looking pretty pissy right now. Have a feeling things are going to crack and deals made.
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #390 on: January 04, 2023, 07:49:40 pm »
Watching the faces, everyone's looking pretty pissy right now. Have a feeling things are going to crack and deals made.

:yowsa: And I'll assure you we ain't going to like the result!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #391 on: January 04, 2023, 07:50:49 pm »
Not according to my understanding @LilLamb I think it takes 218 votes to elect anyone so as long as no Republicans jump ship and vote for Jefferies there will be no speaker.
Thanks. I guess I got confused earlier because I thought the 218 wasn't a set number that it was only the majority present.
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #392 on: January 04, 2023, 07:52:52 pm »

Is this what you mean?

January 4, 2023 8:40am EST
AOC floats 'coalition government' after McCarthy fails to win House speaker vote
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez suggests unlikely resolution to Republican House speaker fight: McCarthy negotiating with Democrats

By Chris Pandolfo | Fox News

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aoc-floats-coalition-government-mccarthy-fails-win-house-speaker-vote

That was one, but I saw a few others that didn't name sources.  I guess we'll find out by another few ballots.

Offline corbe

« Reply #393 on: January 04, 2023, 07:57:56 pm »
   Historical Fact: anytime the House vote for speaker has gone past 4 votes~No one was elected on Ballots 4-9. 
   Gonna continue painting the outside trim on the house.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #394 on: January 04, 2023, 07:59:10 pm »

Rep. Andy Biggs Says A House Speaker Should Be Someone Who Doesn’t Want It ‘So Badly’

Republican Arizona Rep. Andy Biggs said Wednesday that the most qualified candidate for House speaker is someone who does not want the position.

Biggs, who challenged McCarthy for the role, took this jab at McCarthy who had been unsuccessful in securing the gavel after four ballots. After losing to the Speaker-designate on the first ballot, the Arizona Republican supported Republican Ohio Rep. Jim Jordan and Byron Donalds of Florida.

“George Washington didn’t want to become President. George Washington didn’t want to attend the Philadelphia Constitutional Convention. He eventually changed his mind on both. Perhaps the best person for House Speaker isn’t someone who wants it so badly,” Biggs said.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/01/04/rep-andy-biggs-house-speaker-kevin-mccarthy-jim-jordan/
The Republic is lost.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #395 on: January 04, 2023, 08:00:47 pm »
'You don't have the votes': Lauren Boebert says Trump should tell McCarthy to drop out of speaker race

Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-CO) called on former President Donald Trump to tell Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) to drop out of the race for speaker of the House as the election enters the fifth round of voting.

Boebert and her 19 conservative GOP allies are rallying around Rep. Byron Donalds (R-FL) and blocking McCarthy from claiming the gavel. Though McCarthy has said he won't back down from the job he's chased for a decade, his staunch opposition isn't budging either.

"Let's stop with the campaign smears and tactics to get people to turn against us. Even having my favorite president call us and tell us we need to knock this off," she said, turning to McCarthy. "I think it actually needs to be reversed — the president needs to tell Kevin McCarthy, 'Sir, you do not have the votes, and it's time to withdraw.'

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house/you-dont-have-the-votes-lauren-boebert-says-trump-should-tell-mccarthy-to-drop-out-of-speaker-race
The Republic is lost.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #396 on: January 04, 2023, 08:02:43 pm »
So...it appears Ballot 6 is coming up.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #397 on: January 04, 2023, 08:04:10 pm »
Joel Pollak
@joelpollak
·
3h
The so-called "conservatives" led by @mattgaetz
 are about to disenfranchise millions of voters -- the majority -- who wanted to remove Democrats from power in the House, because without an alternative candidate, and without McCarthy, there will be a Dem-RINO coalition government.
Support the USO

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #398 on: January 04, 2023, 08:04:58 pm »
Thanks. I guess I got confused earlier because I thought the 218 wasn't a set number that it was only the majority present.

You're correct @LilLamb   218 is the magic number if all members are present and vote for someone.  The 218 reduces if the number of members present drops and/or by the number voting "present".

There is also a scenario where McCarthy could get to 213 and prevail in a “most vote wins” scenario.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #399 on: January 04, 2023, 08:05:35 pm »

Yeeee. Hawwww!!!!......Day 0 of the McCarthy Speakership Trip.....