Author Topic: Republicans rethink abortion strategy after bruising midterms  (Read 4279 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Republicans rethink abortion strategy after bruising midterms
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2022, 08:25:45 pm »
So, not ever.

YES, EVER.
The word you see as 'kill' is 'murder' in Hebrew.
The commandment is about murder. The exceptions are NOT murder.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2022, 08:25:56 pm »
I am in the Pro-Life Category too.

OTOH, I do also realize that the dims played us like a drum using Dobbs as a wedge issue, and as an explosive GOTV incentive for their side.

Strategically, I have no idea why this landmark judical move couldn't have waited 6 months, and allowed us  to keep he democratic party accountible for there all of their disasters.

Because justice is not politics! And never should be!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bilo

« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2022, 08:29:44 pm »
I am in the Pro-Life Category too.

OTOH, I do also realize that the dims played us like a drum using Dobbs as a wedge issue, and as an explosive GOTV incentive for their side.

Strategically, I have no idea why this landmark judical move couldn't have waited 6 months, and allowed us  to keep he democratic party accountible for there all of their disasters.

I don't think the timing would ever have been good. The media, the pundits, the politicians all manipulate the issue to secure support from those that refuse to accept responsibility for their lives and don't want to hear about how we need to always protect the most vulnerable among us.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2022, 08:33:43 pm »
You may not like it, but that's exactly what it is. The life of the unborn baby is being protected.

So the 14 year old assaut victim deserves no protection, not even time.  You see one life and one life, only.  I respect your honesty @bilo   

« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2022, 08:34:51 pm »
YES, EVER.
The word you see as 'kill' is 'murder' in Hebrew.
The commandment is about murder. The exceptions are NOT murder.

So, not ever.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2022, 08:35:48 pm »
I don't think the timing would ever have been good. The media, the pundits, the politicians all manipulate the issue to secure support from those that refuse to accept responsibility for their lives and don't want to hear about how we need to always protect the most vulnerable among us.

The only timing I give a tinker's damn about is that it should have happened fifty years before it finally did!

Edit to add; and that goes for everything the courts have made up out of whole cloth like they did with Roe!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 08:41:43 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2022, 08:36:21 pm »
Spitting hairs.

No it's not. I kill all the time. Varmints, food... Killing is not murder.

Offline roamer_1

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2022, 08:39:44 pm »
Saving babies’ lives vs. a supposed political advantage? Perhaps people could hone up on their Biblical hermeneutics. Jesus speaks clearly about what should be done to those who harm children.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2022, 08:41:22 pm »
Threads like this have a way of exposing those who have had compassion and discernment principled right out of them @Cyber Liberty   Someone without either is often a self-righteous bully.

But, at least these threads have a way of explaining why the majority would rather spit on a Republican than vote for the candidate.

BRAVO!!!

@Right_in_Virginia
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2022, 08:43:27 pm »
Saving babies’ lives vs. a supposed political advantage? Perhaps people could hone up on their Biblical hermeneutics. Jesus speaks clearly about what should be done to those who harm children.

:yowsa: VERY clearly!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bilo

« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2022, 08:44:00 pm »
The only timing I give a tinker's damn about is that it should have happened fifty years before it finally did!

Edit to add; and that goes for everything the courts have made up out of whole cloth like they did with Roe!

I'm with you!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2022, 08:44:27 pm »

I have no idea why Republicans stupidly chose not to affirm this decision as a victory for the Bill of Rights.  Republicans squandered the opportunity to separate abortion from national politics.  Instead of boldly affirming the rights of each State (Democrat and Republican) to choose their own abortion laws, they remained silently afraid that Democrats might say something bad against them (with the exception of that buffoon Graham mentioned before).

When are Republicans ever going to show some balls and call something out for what it is instead of cowering at Democrat lies?  There was nothing at all wrong with the timing of SCOTUS.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2022, 08:44:51 pm »

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2022, 08:46:45 pm »

Dobbs overturning Roe is no different from Brown overturning Plessy.  And Democrats were on the wrong side both times.  But I have yet to hear a single Republican politician make this comparison.  Cowards, one and all.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2022, 08:47:14 pm »
I hope that the national party takes only one position on abortion: it is a state matter.  There should be no federal regulation in this area, period.

Offline bilo

« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2022, 08:47:56 pm »
So the 14 year old assaut victim deserves no protection, not even time.  You see one life and one life, only.  I respect your honesty @bilo

It's to bad your lacking in that department.

The hypothetical 14 year old is not threatened with being killed, the unborn baby is!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2022, 08:50:15 pm »
Saving babies’ lives vs. a supposed political advantage?

Saving babies' lives should have been in itself a rare opportunity to achieve a political advantage.  But Republicans were too afraid to stand for Righteousness, lest Democrats say mean things about them.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2022, 08:51:01 pm »
I hope that the national party takes only one position on abortion: it is a state matter.  There should be no federal regulation in this area, period.

Which was the case before Roe and has recently been restored thank God!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2022, 08:51:43 pm »
So the 14 year old assaut victim deserves no protection

Funny you should say that considering that there were already government protections in place to prevent that assault.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2022, 08:53:41 pm »

B-I-N-G-O !

Unfortunately, Republicans are cowards, afraid of stating this publicly.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2022, 08:56:50 pm »
But, at least these threads have a way of explaining why the majority would rather spit on a Republican than vote for the candidate.

Considering that the GOP chose your approach in this past election, how well did that work out for you?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2022, 08:59:07 pm »
Which was the case before Roe and has recently been restored thank God!

The celebration of Dobbs as an affirmation of our Constitution is on par with Brown v. Board of Education as an affirmation of equal protection under that same Constitution.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online berdie

« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2022, 10:00:58 pm »

That is the bottom line.

I would like to see abortion outlawed...but that will have to come from the woman involved. Until then, legality resides with the states.