Author Topic: Report: 100 million U.S residents will soon be on Medicaid  (Read 570 times)

Online Hoodat

Report: 100 million U.S residents will soon be on Medicaid
« on: January 03, 2023, 05:13:02 pm »
Report: 100 million U.S residents will soon be on Medicaid

“The pandemic-era policy keeping more than 21 million ineligible enrollees on Medicaid is costing taxpayers more than $16 billion per month."

Jon Styf  |  Updated: January 2, 2023 - 11:16pm

The United States will have 100 million residents on Medicaid in the next 72 days, according to the Foundation for Government Accountability, meaning that nearly one-third of all Americans will be on the program for health care.

Over the past three years, states have been prevented from removing recipients from the program through a federal COVID-19 emergency. Now, the date when states can begin to re-registering recipients when that emergency ends on April 1.

Federal matching funds for the additional recipients will discontinue on that date, Tennessee’s program Director Stephen Smith said at a recent program budget hearing. He said that his department has to have surplus funds on hand to cover recipients as the department begins what will be called a redetermination of benefits that is projected to cut enrollment from its peak of 1.7 million recipients in Tennessee back to the 1.4 million mark before the COVID-19 pandemic.

“For years, FGA has been warning about the rising number of people on government welfare programs. Now, we’re nearing a grim milestone—nearly one-third of the country will be on Medicaid,”  .  .

https://justthenews.com/nation/states/center-square/report-soon-100-million-us-residents-will-be-medicaid

This recent expansion began in 2010.  It continues year after year with Republican votes.  For twelve years now, the GOP has flat out refused to overturn Obamacare.  And every State that signed up for 'free' (temporary) Federal money to increase Medicaid rolls is now feeling the hurt.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Report: 100 million U.S residents will soon be on Medicaid
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2023, 05:15:44 pm »
Is that counting all the illegal aliens too?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2023, 06:39:51 pm »
This is the primary prop keeping health and medicine ridiculously high. And right behind it is the prop of private insurance.

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2023, 03:25:29 am »
Baby boom generation?

Online Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2023, 03:28:05 am »
Baby boom generation?

Medicaid, not Medicare.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2023, 03:41:18 am »
Oh, thanks, read it wrong

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2023, 04:01:58 am »
Oh, thanks, read it wrong
Right. These are the people the rest of us have been paying for while we struggle to pay for our own medical, dental, vision, hearing...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2023, 12:29:08 pm »
And Medicaid was in trouble before 100 million enrolled

This is by design. Get people dependent on government and they’ll resist spending cuts
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2023, 05:48:11 pm »
And Medicaid was in trouble before 100 million enrolled

This is by design. Get people dependent on government and they’ll resist spending cuts

Yep.  And Republicans are OK with this.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-