Author Topic: Conservatives slammed Biden's joint press conference with Zelenskyy: 'No more money to Ukraine!'  (Read 3280 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
December 22, 2022 7:00am EST
Conservatives slammed Biden's joint press conference with Zelenskyy: 'No more money to Ukraine!'
Andy Biggs, who is challenging Kevin McCarthy for Speaker, tweeted "No more blank checks to Ukraine"

By Joe Silverstein | Fox News

Conservatives lawmakers and activists responded to President Biden's joint press conference with Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelenskyy Wednesday by saying the United States should stop sending money to the war-torn country. 

During the press conference, Biden reaffirmed the U.S.'s commitment to provide aid to Ukraine in its efforts to maintain its national sovereignty. However, some conservatives argued that the United States has already provided enough aid to the country and that America's limited resources would be better used to help citizens at home. 

Rep. Andy Biggs, R-Ariz., a conservative Republican who is challenging Rep. Kevin McCarthy for House Speaker, tweeted "No more blank checks to Ukraine" in the lead up to the press conference. 

"Zelensky says $45 billion in aid from the U.S. is not enough. Not enough? What is enough? Enough with all of this," Biggs continued.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/conservatives-slammed-bidens-joint-press-conference-zelenskyy-no-more-money-ukraine
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Short-sighted fools.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Short-sighted fools.

I guess you can put me down as one as well @Timber Rattler because we have already sent guite enough to that laundromat!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Hoodat

If only 'Conservatives' could get behind 'No more money to Planned Parenthood'.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
If only 'Conservatives' could get behind 'No more money to Planned Parenthood'.

And a thousand other lesser-known dodges!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Timber Rattler

I guess you can put me down as one as well @Timber Rattler because we have already sent guite enough to that laundromat!

So you're OK with THIS?

Or THIS?

Or THIS?

or THIS?

or THIS?

or THIS?

Or THIS?

I find it appalling that such moral cowardice and a "not our problem" mentality has taken root within the Conservative movement, in the face of such evil.  If this kind of appeasement and apathy had infected the U.S. during World War II, then this country would not have survived.  Is it not clear to you that invading Ukraine was NOT Putin's endgame, but only the beginning, and that ultimately this is what he has in store for us?
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

Offline LMAO

I have a couple questions for those who believe we should still be shoveling money to Ukraine. That does not mean I’m OK with what Putin is doing there. But there are some fair questions to ask.

My first question is, when  is enough enough? We are rapidly approaching $32 trillion in debt with rising inflation.

My second question is how long do you think you can and should sustain this before you lose the patience of the American public? I hear a lot of apolitical people starting to grumble about all this money being sent over there while their standard of living is declining. What happens if this feeling starts becoming the majority?

And another question is how do you square being a fiscal conservative, but at the same time support all this money going to Ukraine?

I’m not advocating any particular position when it comes to Ukraine. I get the argument both sides are making. But it seems to me that we will spare no expense to protect Ukraine’s border, but we can’t seem to find a dime to protect our own.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2022, 03:34:53 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I'm definitely NOT OK with any of that @Timber Rattler but we can certainly help without sending bales of cash to be laundered and used for all kinds of nefarious things other than fighting Russians!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline cato potatoe

I find it appalling that such moral cowardice and a "not our problem" mentality has taken root within the Conservative movement, in the face of such evil.  If this kind of appeasement and apathy had infected the U.S. during World War II, then this country would not have survived.  Is it not clear to you that invading Ukraine was NOT Putin's endgame, but only the beginning, and that ultimately this is what he has in store for us?

I don't think anyone is OK with it, but the United States has neglected its internal problems for decades while borrowing $30T to police the world.  Putin barely has the resources to hold the ethnically Russian parts of Ukraine ... he isn't coming after us. 

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

We're giving them more money than even Russia spends on their military in a year. Where is it going? Lining Dem and RINO campaign pockets is where.

Are you good with mafia style money laundering, graft, corruption, and criminal collusion and conspiracy while the Ukrainian people get the shaft?
The Republic is lost.

Offline Timber Rattler

I don't think anyone is OK with it, but the United States has neglected its internal problems for decades while borrowing $30T to police the world.  Putin barely has the resources to hold the ethnically Russian parts of Ukraine ... he isn't coming after us.

But he is, and has said so, repeatedly.  Why will people not read what he says and take him at his word?

Let's start here:

Putin approves new foreign policy doctrine based on 'Russian World'

https://www.reuters.com/world/putin-approves-new-foreign-policy-doctrine-based-russian-world-2022-09-05/

'Alaska Is Ours!' Billboards Appear in Russia After Threat to Reclaim State

https://www.newsweek.com/alaska-ours-billboards-appear-russia-after-threat-reclaim-state-1722761

Offline cato potatoe

But he is, and has said so, repeatedly.  Why will people not read what he says and take him at his word?

It's propaganda.  The Russians are going to mount a winter offensive in Ukraine, and the last thing Putin wants is a military engagement with NATO.

Offline Timber Rattler

@LMAO

My first question is, when  is enough enough? We are rapidly approaching $32 trillion in debt with rising inflation.

It'll be enough when the Russians are defeated and pushed out of Ukraine.  Better to spend billions now doing it, with the Ukrainians providing the muscle and blood, than spending trillions later and our children doing the fighting in Germany, Poland, or Romania later.

My second question is how long do you think you can and should sustain this before you lose the patience of the American public? I hear a lot of apolitical people starting to grumble about all this money being sent over there while their standard of living is declining. What happens if this feeling starts becoming the majority?

Despite the liberal-induced economic pain we're all going through, this country can sustain it indefinitely if it puts its mind to it.  As for losing patience, the American people do that anyway, but in this case, it's due to a lot of ignorance about Russia, Ukraine, and Eastern Europe, and our role in NATO.  If such a majority emerges and pulls the plug, then this country will deserve exactly what it gets, good and hard, a la 9/11.  Remember when nobody was paying attention to Al Qaeda in the 1990s, despite all the signs being there about what was coming.  Well the red lights are certainly flashing now with Russia and China, and if the public chooses to buries its collective head in the sand and ignore those threats, then there's nothing else to do except find a good place to hide out in the mountains until its over.

And another question is how do you square being a fiscal conservative, but at the same time support all this money going to Ukraine?

Sticking to ideological dogma in the face of an existential threat is just stupid.  Being a fiscal Conservative is pretty much meaningless in this day and age, since the government has created so much debt that it will never be able to dig its way out from under it, especially with our own Republican "leaders" neck deep in spending $$$$.  All of that went out the window with COVID.

Online Hoodat

I'm definitely NOT OK with any of that @Timber Rattler but we can certainly help without sending bales of cash to be laundered and used for all kinds of nefarious things other than fighting Russians!

Yep.  Maybe if we simply give Ukrainians arms with training and cut out all the money laundering and graft, then the amount we would be talking about would be but a small fraction of all the money that US politicians keep announcing.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

Yep.  Maybe if we simply give Ukrainians arms with training and cut out all the money laundering and graft, then the amount we would be talking about would be but a small fraction of all the money that US politicians keep announcing.

Agree
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

:yowsa: pointing-up

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

It'll be enough when the Russians are defeated and pushed out of Ukraine.  Better to spend billions now doing it, with the Ukrainians providing the muscle and blood, than spending trillions later and our children doing the fighting in Germany, Poland, or Romania later.

Despite the liberal-induced economic pain we're all going through, this country can sustain it indefinitely if it puts its mind to it.  As for losing patience, the American people do that anyway, but in this case, it's due to a lot of ignorance about Russia, Ukraine, and Eastern Europe, and our role in NATO.  If such a majority emerges and pulls the plug, then this country will deserve exactly what it gets, good and hard, a la 9/11.  Remember when nobody was paying attention to Al Qaeda in the 1990s, despite all the signs being there about what was coming.  Well the red lights are certainly flashing now with Russia and China, and if the public chooses to buries its collective head in the sand and ignore those threats, then there's nothing else to do except find a good place to hide out in the mountains until its over.

Sticking to ideological dogma in the face of an existential threat is just stupid.  Being a fiscal Conservative is pretty much meaningless in this day and age, since the government has created so much debt that it will never be able to dig its way out from under it, especially with our own Republican "leaders" neck deep in spending $$$$.  All of that went out the window with COVID.

Ok

Your first response is the same argument that the left makes for every spending scheme “Better to spend millions now than billions later.”

Your last response makes my point. You said that we are in so much debt that we will never be able to dig our way out of it, which is true. But how is adding more supposed to alleviate that situation?  The dollar doesn’t care whether or not it’s printed for a weapon to be used in Ukraine or for food stamps.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Timber Rattler

Here's some perspective.

Aid to Ukraine Explained in Six Charts

https://www.csis.org/analysis/aid-ukraine-explained-six-charts

People generally assume that most of the appropriated aid packages are being stolen or diverted to Ukrainian oligarch vaults.  But is that truly where the money is going?  Seems to me that if it was all being diverted to other than military and infrastructure repair purposes, then the Russians would have won the war back in the summer, instead of being pushed back. 

So would that not suggest that the aid is going to exactly where it needs to go, with the Ukrainians winning on the battlefield?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
So would that not suggest that the aid is going to exactly where it needs to go, with the Ukrainians winning on the battlefield?
In a word, no! You clearly have no concept of the sums of money involved.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Short-sighted fools.

The only short-sighted fools are those that continue to line the pockets of Zelenskyy, Biden and others who are profiting off of this war.  Even Europe has begun to question who is profiting

We have sent $100 BILLION and that still hasn't defeated Putin???  In addition we have well-armed Ukraine plus given them patriot missiles and that still hasn't defeated Putin.  Now Zelenskyy has the audacity to come directly to our country and beg for more because what we've given him isn't enough...  I declare b.s.  The Dems applauded him, Pelosi bowed to him and yet we continue to draw down on our weaponry leaving us vulnerable.

IN ADDITION OUR DARN BORDER IS STILL OPEN TO EVERYONE BUT WE ARE GIVING ZELENSKYY AN OPEN CHECKBOOK TO SECURE HIS BORDER.

Who is the short-sighted fool here?????
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Yes!...I for one want an accounting for all the money we have given them before we give them anymore...where exactly is it going?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Here's some perspective.

Aid to Ukraine Explained in Six Charts

https://www.csis.org/analysis/aid-ukraine-explained-six-charts

People generally assume that most of the appropriated aid packages are being stolen or diverted to Ukrainian oligarch vaults.  But is that truly where the money is going?  Seems to me that if it was all being diverted to other than military and infrastructure repair purposes, then the Russians would have won the war back in the summer, instead of being pushed back. 

With the amount of money being sent they should have the best military in Europe. Why don't they? They should have crushed Russia by now and be at the gates of Moscow.

Where are the tanks? Planes? Artillery? Bombs? What exactly have we got for all that money? There isn't even any attempt at oversight and zero auditing.

What Zelenzky really wants is for NATO to engage Russia one-on-one and spare Ukraine from having to fight the way while he and his cronies pocket the cash, nuclear war be damned.

You pulled your bluff and bully, thug mugging strong arm move with pics of blood and bodies. How do you feel about thousands of dead American boys and girls in Ukraine in a radioactive wasteland?

Sorry if I don't want to be more involved in another foreign entanglement.
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

Sorry if I don't want to be more involved in another foreign entanglement.

I think after Iraq and Afghanistan, more foreign entanglements are going to be a tough sell to the general public

Had we kept the Trump era energy policy and Europe not pursuing green energy fantasies, we probably wouldn’t be having this conversation
« Last Edit: December 22, 2022, 04:34:15 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
So you're OK with THIS?

Or THIS?

Or THIS?

or THIS?

or THIS?

or THIS?

Or THIS?

@Timber Rattler go back and research (especially prior Zelenskyy ) how Ukraine murdered their own and blamed it on the Russians.

You can show all kinds of pictures -- how many Russians are dying?? 

Do some research -- this has been an on going war and ONLY escalated after Biden took office and in fact he started immediately giving $$ to Zelenskyy and predicted that Putin was going to escalate the war before Putin even made a move.  Why do you think that was?

Short-sighted fools bought into this scenario hook, line and sinker.

To be clear, I am opposed to the murders and killings of innocents on BOTH sides.  BUT, it is their war period.

We need to take care of our country and our own people.  Our own people are having a hard time putting a roof over their head and food on the table -- yet we're giving MILLIONS OF ILLEGALS a free ride.  Do you see anything wrong with that picture @Timber Rattler ??

We've given Zenelskyy plenty -- let them fight their own war before we destroy our own country and draw down our weapons so much that it leaves us with a bigger target on our backs then we already have!

Remember -- America falls -- who are they going to get their $$ and weapons from? 

America -- What will the world do without her?  Think about it.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2022, 04:36:25 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Timber Rattler

In a word, no! You clearly have no concept of the sums of money involved.

Yes, I do.  Weapon systems cost money, and lots of it.  So how do YOU know where it's going?