Author Topic: Trump warns DeSantis against 2024 White House bid  (Read 8937 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: Trump warns DeSantis against 2024 White House bid
« Reply #200 on: November 12, 2022, 05:43:47 pm »
Why did he go after Youngkin?

Because he's a petty little bitch.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #201 on: November 12, 2022, 05:44:01 pm »
I don't understand how people can just gloss over such things. And there are many.

Yeah. In fact, that's where I started losing faith in Cruz. Any red-blooded American husband would have whooped his ass for that... and damn the consequences.

Albeit that if he had, I think he'd have been a shoo-in.  happy77

Offline libertybele

« Reply #202 on: November 12, 2022, 05:44:10 pm »
Look what he did to Cruz's wife.

That was disgusting.

With that being stated, let's take a look back; he put down Carly Fiorina's face, "blood coming out of her wherever", referring to Megyn Kelly, said Cruz's wife was ugly and claimed that Cruz's father helped assassinate JFK, put Little Marco (RUbio) down for drinking water and I think his hands, etc, etc. I don't remember them all. Unwarranted nastiness.

Yet, what about Hillary? He went very soft on her. If there was anyone he should have attacked it should have been her.  He was supposed to lock her up?  What happened?

He is becoming disgusting and unhinged again. He's going after true conservatives.  I cannot and will not support him.  Just. not. going. to. happen.

I'm back to thinking that maybe he's a plant for the DEMS?? He jumped into the GOP arena almost immediately after Cruz announced he was running and was relentless with his attacks on him.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #203 on: November 12, 2022, 05:44:23 pm »

That was disgusting.

I remember that. And there were many on TOS that we thought that was great and a sign of a real fighter while the rest of us were wondering what Ted Cruz’s  wife had to do with anything.

I think we’re piling on Donald Trump a little bit. I think he also has a lot of bitterness that’s related to the fact that the press decided to become activist instead of news reporters during his tenure and the Russian hoax investigation that clogged up his presidency.

But watching this meltdown is not pretty. But there could be a silver lining in it
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #204 on: November 12, 2022, 05:44:46 pm »
You’re right. We're a party without a 2024 nominee as of now.

Democrat-lite is not a Party.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #205 on: November 12, 2022, 05:46:20 pm »
With that being stated, let's take a look back; he put down Carly Fiorina's face, "blood coming out of her wherever", referring to Megyn Kelly, said Cruz's wife was ugly and claimed that Cruz's father helped assassinate JFK, put Little Marco (RUbio) down for drinking water and I think his hands, etc, etc. I don't remember them all. Unwarranted nastiness.

Yet, what about Hillary? He went very soft on her. If there was anyone he should have attacked it should have been her.  He was supposed to lock her up?  What happened?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #206 on: November 12, 2022, 05:48:12 pm »
Yeah. In fact, that's where I started losing faith in Cruz. Any red-blooded American husband would have whooped his ass for that... and damn the consequences.

Albeit that if he had, I think he'd have been a shoo-in.  happy77

If Cruz had attacked Trump he would have lowered himself to his standard and continued to make a mockery of the campaign process.  Cruz is very good at defusing situations by not engaging those that are attacking him. Cruz did call him out on attacking his wife, but perhaps not as strongly as some that he should.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #207 on: November 12, 2022, 05:50:06 pm »
You’re right. Were a party without a 2024 nominee as of now.

But DeSantis status is ascending while Donald Trump’s is descending and I think Donald Trump is having a lot of difficulty dealing with that reality

Cruz is the only one that has suggested that he would run if Trump didn't.  I'd vote for him. I voted for him in the primary.  I have contributed to his campaigns for years.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #208 on: November 12, 2022, 05:51:57 pm »

Well, there is just no denying that camaraderie at that time. Perhaps in retrospect, maybe Trump is closer to the Clintons then I believed.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #209 on: November 12, 2022, 05:53:12 pm »
If Cruz had attacked Trump he would have lowered himself to his standard and continued to make a mockery of the campaign process.  Cruz is very good at defusing situations by not engaging those that are attacking him. Cruz did call him out on attacking his wife, but perhaps not as strongly as some that he should.

Nope. Any gent will tell you, and every gent will recognize, the right and responsibility of the man to defend his woman is sacrosanct and demanded... He had the right, should have had the will, and woo, but Tumpy deserved it.

I would have cheered. And he would have secured my vote every bit as much as when he called Turdle out as a liar on the senate floor.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #210 on: November 12, 2022, 05:53:52 pm »
Cruz is the only one that has suggested that he would run if Trump didn't.  I'd vote for him. I voted for him in the primary.  I have contributed to his campaigns for years.

Nope! Not me! Someone needs to stand up for the Constitution and it might as well be me! (I think the world of Ted Cruz but he can never be President of the United States)
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #211 on: November 12, 2022, 05:54:04 pm »
Before '16, there were limits on how despicable a candidate would go to beat their opponents. 

Trump broke down those barriers.
Trump made a mockery of the campaign and debate process. It was shameful. The left responded and is still ruffling his feathers. A lot he brought on himself.

Offline DB

« Reply #212 on: November 12, 2022, 05:55:40 pm »
If Trump runs, it will be scorched earth leaving only wreckage on the Republican landscape. It seems likely he'll run.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #213 on: November 12, 2022, 05:56:43 pm »
Nope! Not me! Someone needs to stand up for the Constitution and it might as well be me! (I think the world of Ted Cruz but he can never be President of the United States)

Yes, I realize your point. Unfortunately, we have had several who have been confirmed that should not have been. The precedent has been set, so I struggle with that aspect.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #214 on: November 12, 2022, 05:59:01 pm »
If Trump runs, it will be scorched earth leaving only wreckage on the Republican landscape. It seems likely he'll run.

Exactly right; he will only further divide and destroy what's left of the GOP.

He should have publicly congratulated DeSantis and Youngkin. That shows unity. What he has shown is decisiveness.

Offline corbe

« Reply #215 on: November 12, 2022, 06:01:20 pm »
You just have to shake your head. I had and still have  misgivings when it comes to Donald Trump. And so does the electorate at large. But I do believe that Donald Trump truly loves his country and doesn’t  see it as just another nation on this planet like the current administration does

It is my understanding that he didn’t take any pay as president. Is that correct?

Yes @LMAO that was reported.  I would think that Trump is the only President (besides Truman) to actually lose money while in the Oval Office.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #216 on: November 12, 2022, 06:09:28 pm »

But this is who he’s always been. Many of us knew that. Many of us were zotted from TOS or voluntarily left because we would not get behind him in 2016.  And I’m not saying this applies to you because I believe you’re decent person with a good heart, but there were many of his supporters that cheered him behaving that way

Yes, he did have some policies that did move this country in the right direction. Energy and the border being the most obvious two. But like it or not, likeability is a factor on how people vote. He got lucky with Hillary Clinton because Hillary Clinton had an open contempt for average people

I knew watching him in 2016 that his behaviors at some point were gonna come bite him in the backside and they have. The public at large does not want their presidents to behave like a WWE wrestler

Despite having a disappointing midterm and watching Republican party in fighting, I am hoping that there’s more and more people that do see that nominating Donald Trump for 2024 is a recipe for a loss
« Last Edit: November 12, 2022, 06:12:21 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #217 on: November 12, 2022, 06:17:55 pm »
None of this means that I believe that people like Youngkin or Ron DeSantis should be above criticism or attack. If we were in the heat of a primary season, I understand it gets rough.

But this behavior by Donald Trump outside the primary season is only because he’s envious and petty

Barry Goldwater

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #218 on: November 12, 2022, 06:18:45 pm »

From Trump's perspective, his legal entanglements necessitate his running, because he can stall the process for a few years and then if he wins he is shielded.  Now Biden has extra incentive to hound Trump with investigations, knowing that your "scorched earth" scenario helps the Democrats.  Trump is trapped.  He has no choice but to run if he wants to avoid possibly spending the last years of his life in jail.

I suppose Trump could try to get DeSantis to agree to pardon him in exchange for Trump dropping out and backing DeSantis for POTUS.  It may be a better bet for Trump than running himself.  I just don't see where Trump's ego would allow him to delegate his future and his freedom to someone else.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #219 on: November 12, 2022, 06:20:32 pm »
None of this means that I believe that people like Youngkin or Ron DeSantis should be above criticism or attack. If we were in the heat of a primary season, I understand it gets rough.

But this behavior by Donald Trump outside the primary season is only because he’s envious and petty

Oh heck yeah. Every candidate needs to be dissected to the core - That is what the season is for. It must be an informed choice.

But this schoolyard bully bullcrap has nothing to do with that... in season or out.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #220 on: November 12, 2022, 06:33:25 pm »
From Trump's perspective, his legal entanglements necessitate his running, because he can stall the process for a few years and then if he wins he is shielded.  Now Biden has extra incentive to hound Trump with investigations, knowing that your "scorched earth" scenario helps the Democrats.  Trump is trapped.  He has no choice but to run if he wants to avoid possibly spending the last years of his life in jail.

I suppose Trump could try to get DeSantis to agree to pardon him in exchange for Trump dropping out and backing DeSantis for POTUS.  It may be a better bet for Trump than running himself.  I just don't see where Trump's ego would allow him to delegate his future and his freedom to someone else.

How does the federal government's persecution ending if Trump doesn't run factor into this wet dream?

@massadvj

Offline LMAO

« Reply #221 on: November 12, 2022, 07:29:32 pm »
Off-topic, if that Katie Hobbs can’t do her job as SOS in Arizona, how the hell can she run the state of Arizona should she win

Barry Goldwater

Offline Idiot

« Reply #222 on: November 12, 2022, 07:31:28 pm »

That was disgusting.
Yeah...but to be fair...Cruz's father did kill JFK.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #223 on: November 12, 2022, 07:32:20 pm »
Off-topic, if that Katie Hobbs can’t do her job as SOS in Arizona, how the hell can she run the state of Arizona should she win

What does this matter when Trump made Ron DeSantis cry?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #224 on: November 12, 2022, 07:43:19 pm »
But this is who he’s always been. Many of us knew that. Many of us were zotted from TOS or voluntarily left because we would not get behind him in 2016.  And I’m not saying this applies to you because I believe you’re decent person with a good heart, but there were many of his supporters that cheered him behaving that way

Yes, he did have some policies that did move this country in the right direction. Energy and the border being the most obvious two. But like it or not, likeability is a factor on how people vote. He got lucky with Hillary Clinton because Hillary Clinton had an open contempt for average people

I knew watching him in 2016 that his behaviors at some point were gonna come bite him in the backside and they have. The public at large does not want their presidents to behave like a WWE wrestler

Despite having a disappointing midterm and watching Republican party in fighting, I am hoping that there’s more and more people that do see that nominating Donald Trump for 2024 is a recipe for a loss

Yes, I agree with you @LMAO  the only problem being is that Trump is the only one that may run.  Cruz will not run if Trump runs and with what Trump is doing right now by going after conservatives it is a disaster.  He is once again splitting the GOP base.

If not Trump then who?  Who will challenge him?  I highly doubt DeSantis.

So we in all likelihood with be left with Trump, against the left. 

Honestly, with the DEMS ability to steal elections, it's truly not going to matter.  The GOP will lose because of lack of election integrity alone.  We no longer have any recourse at the ballot box. Just my opinion.