Author Topic: Trump warns DeSantis against 2024 White House bid  (Read 8646 times)

Offline cato potatoe

Trump warns DeSantis against 2024 White House bid
« on: November 09, 2022, 04:07:22 pm »
Trump warns DeSantis against 2024 White House bid, saying it wouldn’t be ‘good’ for GOP

Former President Trump in a new interview warned Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) against running for president in 2024.

“I don’t know if he is running. I think if he runs, he could hurt himself very badly. I really believe he could hurt himself badly,” Trump told Fox News in an interview late Monday after a rally in Ohio. “I think he would be making a mistake. I think the base would not like it. I don’t think it would be good for the party.”

“Any of that stuff is not good. You have other people that possibly will run, I guess,” Trump added. “I don’t know if he runs. If he runs, he runs.”

The former president also suggested he knew unflattering information about DeSantis that he’d be willing to share if the two were to face off in a primary.

“I would tell you things about him that won’t be very flattering — I know more about him than anybody — other than, perhaps, his wife,” Trump said.
more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3725469-trump-warns-desantis-against-2024-white-house-bid-saying-it-wouldnt-be-good-for-gop/
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 04:08:20 pm by cato potatoe »

Offline Kamaji

Re: Trump warns DeSantis against 2024 White House bid
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2022, 04:10:09 pm »
:facepalm2:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2022, 04:10:11 pm »
“I would tell you things about him that won’t be very flattering — I know more about him than anybody — other than, perhaps, his wife,” Trump said.
more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3725469-trump-warns-desantis-against-2024-white-house-bid-saying-it-wouldnt-be-good-for-gop/

:laugh:

Oh Trump, you still got it.

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2022, 04:10:15 pm »
Why the warning?

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2022, 04:11:12 pm »
Why the warning?

Because he's threatened and wants the attention.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2022, 04:15:51 pm »
He does realize that this smells like fear.

Trump gambled and it didn't work out as well as planned last night, he needs a come to Jesus and do some self examination.

He still sounds like the old Trump from 7 years ago. We need to move forward, not spin in circles.
The Republic is lost.

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2022, 04:26:09 pm »

Trump gambled and it didn't work out as well as planned last night, he needs a come to Jesus and do some self examination.

He still sounds like the old Trump from 7 years ago. We need to move forward, not spin in circles.

THe old Trump?!?!?! When was there a New Trump?

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2022, 04:34:54 pm »
Why the warning?

He's going to enlist his tabloid friends like David Pecker to print defamatory claims, and then repeat them on the campaign trail. 

And then, if the Republicans do not nominate Trump, he will undermine the candidacy of the eventual nominee, and get the Democrat elected in 2024.  As William Barr said, Donald uses extortion to exert control over the party.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2022, 04:39:38 pm »
Trump is starting to look like a Democrat Party plant.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2022, 04:40:16 pm »

Every time I get reasonably comfortable with supporting him he goes and does some incredibly STUPID shit like this!  **nononono*
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2022, 04:41:47 pm »
 :facepalm2:
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2022, 04:43:44 pm »
Every time I get reasonably comfortable with supporting him he goes and does some incredibly STUPID shit like this!  **nononono*

Feeling like a battered wife yet?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

• Technical
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2022, 04:45:49 pm »
The latinos being interviewed who voted for Desantis in Miami/Dade on CNN are all wearing Trump shirts. Just from the Twitter posts I see.

Just saying...

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2022, 04:49:23 pm »
The latinos being interviewed who voted for Desantis in Miami/Dade on CNN are all wearing Trump shirts. Just from the Twitter posts I see.

Just saying...

Then the two should be making common cause, not starting personal squabbles.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2022, 04:51:17 pm »
Feeling like a battered wife yet?

LOL! @Hoodat I've been feeling like that for most of my voting life!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Hoodat

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2022, 04:52:10 pm »

Just saying...

There's a lot about Trump to like.  That is the frustrating thing.  They want someone to fight for them and be their champion.  Unfortunately, Trump lacks the savvy and the knowhow to be that person.  Trump fights his own personal battles.  But rarely does he fight for those he is supposed to represent.

Trump was the one guy who could have stood up to the GOPe and driven out all the establishment hacks.  But instead, he cuts a deal with them (the Art of the Deal), making them his supposed 'allies' for short term gain.
Trump was the one guy who could have put a stop to deficit spending and brought our budget back to where our Founding Fathers intended.  Yet that was never on his radar.  And it still isn't.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2022, 04:57:15 pm »
Then the two should be making common cause, not starting personal squabbles.

Amen! I agree with you for once @Kamaji   How much of their squabble though is media intervention?  Trump got DeSantis elected, Trump moved to FL, so, I'm not so sure that they truly are at odds.

Trump has his age going against him.  DeSantis is the GOP/conservative golden child right now.  Taking Miami-Dade was truly a victory.  In my mind that also indicates that he CAN win the presidency. I have no doubt. The DEMS still have control for a couple of years, so a lot can change.

The only thing that is going to stop DeSantis is if the DEMS grant amnesty. Secondly, hopefully last night was a pat on the back for him and he will think again about running in '24.

Just my opinion.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2022, 05:01:34 pm »
There's a lot about Trump to like.  That is the frustrating thing.  They want someone to fight for them and be their champion.  Unfortunately, Trump lacks the savvy and the knowhow to be that person.  Trump fights his own personal battles.  But rarely does he fight for those he is supposed to represent.

Trump was the one guy who could have stood up to the GOPe and driven out all the establishment hacks.  But instead, he cuts a deal with them (the Art of the Deal), making them his supposed 'allies' for short term gain.
Trump was the one guy who could have put a stop to deficit spending and brought our budget back to where our Founding Fathers intended.  Yet that was never on his radar.  And it still isn't.

I disagree @Hoodat Trump was the voice of millions.  The problem in my opinion is that there aren't enough conservatives running -- it may not be a matter of Trump backing the wrong candidate.

The spending he implement was in part due to COVID.  He put people back to work; people were making money.  Businesses were thriving -- so the spending??  It's hard to balance what he accomplished against what he spent.

This may be a wake up call for Trump, but he absolutely was a great president and had us pointed in the right direction.

Unfortunately, the younger azzhats of this country are going to have to learn the hard way.  They'll eventually wake up.

At this point, I don't see Trump running again anyways.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 05:02:50 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2022, 05:01:54 pm »
The only thing that is going to stop DeSantis is if the DEMS grant amnesty. Secondly, hopefully last night was a pat on the back for him and he will think again about running in '24.

Just my opinion.

Why would DeSantis want to run for President?  He has a sweet gig now.  Why leave Tallahassee behind for the cesspool that awaits him in Washington?

The only hope this nation has is for someone to shut the government down, and not fund a single thing until the budget is balanced.  Trump could have been that guy.  But he chose not to be.  Whoever does it will not be popular.  But the medicine must be swallowed regardless.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2022, 05:04:00 pm »
I disagree @Hoodat Trump was the voice of millions.  The problem in my opinion is that there aren't enough conservatives running -- it may not be a matter of Trump backing the wrong candidate.

I saw plenty of Conservatives running who lost in the primaries because Democrats funded the candidates Trump liked.  We had a super candidate here in Georgia who was not only Conservative, he had a stellar past.  He would have beaten Warnock by ten points.  Easily.  But Trump.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2022, 05:11:13 pm »

I agree with you 100%.  The results in Florida call for congratulatory comments today. Cross sabres later.

I voted for Trump twice. This shit, as you say, could keep it there.

@Bigun
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 05:12:05 pm by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline libertybele

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2022, 05:11:25 pm »
Why would DeSantis want to run for President?  He has a sweet gig now.  Why leave Tallahassee behind for the cesspool that awaits him in Washington?

The only hope this nation has is for someone to shut the government down, and not fund a single thing until the budget is balanced.  Trump could have been that guy.  But he chose not to be.  Whoever does it will not be popular.  But the medicine must be swallowed regardless.

FL has term limits.  Will DeSantis run for the Senate, House, Presidency or drop out of politics??? 

IMHO COVID destroyed any chance of Trump balancing the budget. The economy was sizzling, the country was headed in the right direction and you will never convince me that COVID wasn't created in part to stop Trump's momentum and squash his supporters.  COVID cost trillions and cost people their businesses and livelihoods. 

I've pointed this out before -- Joe and Hunter were up to their eyebrows in Burisma. Trump started to see what was going on and the DEMS knew he was close to going after them and the DEMS impeached him.  During the campaigning, Biden was behind in delegates, yet all of a sudden everyone steps down to allow Biden to be the nominee and then COVID hits.  Easy enough to connect the dots. An elections was stolen - Joe had more votes than was possible. Ukraine is now a money maker for Joe and the DEMS and I don't doubt certain members of the GOPe; follow the money and connect the dots.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2022, 05:19:28 pm »
IMHO COVID destroyed any chance of Trump balancing the budget. The economy was sizzling, the country was headed in the right direction and you will never convince me that COVID wasn't created in part to stop Trump's momentum and squash his supporters.  COVID cost trillions and cost people their businesses and livelihoods. 

You may not like it, and you may think it unfair, but the weight of that falls directly on Tumpy. As it should.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2022, 05:21:31 pm »
FL has term limits.  Will DeSantis run for the Senate, House, Presidency or drop out of politics??? 
Is there a Florida Senator needing replacement that will be up in time?  IMHO, he should do whatever he wants to do.

I've pointed this out before -- Joe and Hunter were up to their eyebrows in Burisma. Trump started to see what was going on and the DEMS knew he was close to going after them and the DEMS impeached him.  During the campaigning, Biden was behind in delegates, yet all of a sudden everyone steps down to allow Biden to be the nominee and then COVID hits.  Easy enough to connect the dots. An elections was stolen - Joe had more votes than was possible. Ukraine is now a money maker for Joe and the DEMS and I don't doubt certain members of the GOPe; follow the money and connect the dots.

I agree 100% with ALL of that! Especially the part about COVID being created to stop Trump!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2022, 05:23:13 pm »
You may not like it, and you may think it unfair, but the weight of that falls directly on Tumpy. As it should.

And when the Trump/DeSantis sabres cross, DeSantis will absolutely call Trump on it.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck