Author Topic: Trump warns DeSantis against 2024 White House bid  (Read 8885 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Trump warns DeSantis against 2024 White House bid
« Reply #100 on: November 10, 2022, 05:51:49 pm »
Or maybe the GOPe was backing Trump in exchange for choosing his delegates.

I'm pretty sure they wanted the Ohio my father was a mailman guy...

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #101 on: November 10, 2022, 05:52:46 pm »
Trump had more baggage than Cruz and somehow he won though. Still trying to figure out how that worked. Maybe Trump was the new thing in 2015.

The thing is @Weird Tolkienish Figure  Trump wasn't a new thing in 2015.  Every aspect of his life ---- personal, financial, political ----  had been broadcast across newspapers, tabloids, TV for 30 years.  By the time he ran for POTUS he was already the "people's billionnaire" and folks knew and liked the man.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #102 on: November 10, 2022, 05:56:46 pm »
That's pretty funny coming from a No.1 DJT Fanboy.

I guess sarcasm isn't in your wheelhouse @catfish1957  --- but, thanks for playing  :beer:

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #103 on: November 10, 2022, 05:57:23 pm »
Test number one for DeSantis is….what will he do to help Herschel Walker across the finish line? Walker is a Trump guy, but he’s also running for an absolutely critical Senate seat and this is a chance to broaden his appeal within the party AND….more importantly…put the cause before ego. I will be judging him.

Equally true for DJT. I hope he can resist announcing his 2024 intentions until after the runoff.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #104 on: November 10, 2022, 06:01:26 pm »
Walker?  Or Trump?  Wish you could come down here and see Walker yourself.  Definitely a flawed individual.  But he recognizes it, accepts it, and asks God to remove his shortcomings.  His ego is gradually dying.

I am sure there will be more women coming forward...the Dems are holding them in reserve for just this occasion..the run-off!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #105 on: November 10, 2022, 06:03:38 pm »
I am sure there will be more women coming forward...the Dems are holding them in reserve for just this occasion..the run-off!

Still waiting for the last woman to come forward.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #106 on: November 10, 2022, 06:05:17 pm »
I'm pretty sure they wanted the Ohio my father was a mailman guy...

If it had gone to a second ballot, that is exactly who would have been nominated.  All of Trump's delegates were bound to him on the first ballot only.  They weren't Trump supporters.  They were GOPe reps.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #107 on: November 10, 2022, 06:07:43 pm »
The thing is @Weird Tolkienish Figure  Trump wasn't a new thing in 2015.  Every aspect of his life ---- personal, financial, political ----  had been broadcast across newspapers, tabloids, TV for 30 years.  By the time he ran for POTUS he was already the "people's billionnaire" and folks knew and liked the man.

Ehhhhh... There was a subset of the population that like him. Let's not go nuts, RiV.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #108 on: November 10, 2022, 06:16:45 pm »
No, there is not ---- and it's more than "extrapolation".

Nice spin.  But, this is more than "meets with"   ----- DeSantis is working with these men and their staffs.

This is simply bullshit, and I don't believe you, yourself, believe it. @Mesaclone  ----- so peddle it to someone else.

A lot of emotion here so I'm not going to try and "talk you over" to a different perspective. I will say that I DO believe everything I wrote. Further, I don't care who Desantis meets with...unless I know what they talked about and why. I expect he'll meet with Democrats on certain issues before this is through...as will Trump. Frankly, if he's not reaching out he's a moron...same with Trump. A party is a coalition...always. If you can't work with a coalition WITHIN your own party, how the hell can you put together a winning NATIONAL coalition. This doesn't require ANY shift in policy, but it does require a shift in demeanor. Talking to someone, does not entail surrendering your integrity and values...it just means you respect the disagreement with them.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #109 on: November 10, 2022, 06:17:41 pm »
Enter Ron DeSantis.  In 2018, RDS was barreling down the express lane to losing the governship to a drug addict when he made the smartest decision of his political life and turned to President Trump, very popular in Florida, for help.  Trump obliged and dragged DeSantis to a  .4% (point four percent) victory over Gillum.

With Trump not there to drag DeSantis to victory this time, DeSantis won by 19.4%.  His margin of victory was 48 times greater with Trump not around.  But trollers gonna troll.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #110 on: November 10, 2022, 06:29:37 pm »
.   Never shoot your whole wad.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #111 on: November 10, 2022, 06:33:11 pm »
A lot of emotion here so I'm not going to try and "talk you over" to a different perspective. I will say that I DO believe everything I wrote. Further, I don't care who Desantis meets with...unless I know what they talked about and why. I expect he'll meet with Democrats on certain issues before this is through...as will Trump. Frankly, if he's not reaching out he's a moron...same with Trump. A party is a coalition...always. If you can't work with a coalition WITHIN your own party, how the hell can you put together a winning NATIONAL coalition. This doesn't require ANY shift in policy, but it does require a shift in demeanor. Talking to someone, does not entail surrendering your integrity and values...it just means you respect the disagreement with them.

:thumbsup:

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #112 on: November 10, 2022, 06:38:08 pm »
.   Never shoot your whole wad.

Easier said than done.  :whistle:
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #113 on: November 10, 2022, 06:51:42 pm »
Walker?  Or Trump?  Wish you could come down here and see Walker yourself.  Definitely a flawed individual.  But he recognizes it, accepts it, and asks God to remove his shortcomings.  His ego is gradually dying.

I'll be judging Desantis.

Walker is the nominee. He's conservative. We desperately need that seat. Every Republican in the country should be rushing to help Walker at this point...I don't give two shits if he's a "Trump" guy. And he IS flawed, but no more so than Warnock...call that a wash.

Republican leaders must quit playing this F'ing game of I'm only supporting "my guy" in a particular race. Fight it out all you want in the primary but for F's sake, get your ship together in the general. McConnel sending 9 million to Murkowski and stiffing Masters is the perfect example of that kind of dipwad, egotistical garbage. It has to end...and I'd like to see Desantis take the lead in fighting that bullship.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #114 on: November 10, 2022, 06:54:08 pm »
Equally true for DJT. I hope he can resist announcing his 2024 intentions until after the runoff.

Absolutely!!!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #115 on: November 10, 2022, 06:56:57 pm »

Walker is the nominee. He's conservative. We desperately need that seat. Every Republican in the country should be rushing to help Walker at this point...I don't give two shits if he's a "Trump" guy. And he IS flawed, but no more so than Warnock...call that a wash.

Republican leaders must quit playing this F'ing game of I'm only supporting "my guy" in a particular race. Fight it out all you want in the primary but for F's sake, get your ship together in the general. McConnel sending 9 million to Murkowski and stiffing Masters is the perfect example of that kind of dipwad, egotistical garbage. It has to end...and I'd like to see Desantis take the lead in fighting that bullship.

Made that bigger and bolder so people can read it @Mesaclone

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #116 on: November 10, 2022, 07:01:54 pm »

Walker is the nominee. He's conservative. We desperately need that seat. Every Republican in the country should be rushing to help Walker at this point...

I can buy into that a bit @Mesaclone I won't say I will put it against him if he doesn't help - He has not committed to a national run, and his game is in FL.

But especially with GA being a sister state, giving him a great reason to do so, I would credit him greatly if he did the gentlemanly thing and lent a hand.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #117 on: November 10, 2022, 07:06:32 pm »

Walker is less flawed than Warnock.  Walker didn't try to block a child abuse investigation for a kids camp that he was running.  And he didn't try do evict anyone from apartments he controlled during Covid for being $25 behind on their rent.

Word.  Every bit of it.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #118 on: November 10, 2022, 07:07:47 pm »
But especially with GA being a sister state, giving him a great reason to do so, I would credit him greatly if he did the gentlemanly thing and lent a hand.

Even if he is a Florida Gators fan?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Kamaji

« Reply #119 on: November 10, 2022, 07:13:56 pm »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #120 on: November 10, 2022, 07:22:45 pm »
Even if he is a Florida Gators fan?

Yeah... Even then.  happy77

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #121 on: November 10, 2022, 07:29:55 pm »
Test number one for DeSantis is….what will he do to help Herschel Walker across the finish line? Walker is a Trump guy, but he’s also running for an absolutely critical Senate seat and this is a chance to broaden his appeal within the party AND….more importantly…put the cause before ego. I will be judging him.

If the Walker-Warnock runoff race decides the senate.  I think its all hands on deck, and all poltical infighting needs to have a pause.

It's that important.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #122 on: November 10, 2022, 07:32:02 pm »
If the Walker-Warnock runoff race decides the senate.  I think its all hands on deck, and all poltical infighting needs to have a pause.

It's that important.

:yowsa: But that actually happening is a pipe dream.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Idiot

« Reply #123 on: November 10, 2022, 07:34:31 pm »
LOLOLOL....I think we all know better than that...lol.  If he isn't the center of attention then he can't stand it.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #124 on: November 10, 2022, 07:39:09 pm »

It's that important.