Author Topic: Trump warns DeSantis against 2024 White House bid  (Read 8634 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Trump warns DeSantis against 2024 White House bid
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2022, 05:23:59 pm »

Erick Erickson
@EWErickson
Of the $100 million Trump had, he only spent $15 million and saddled the GOP with a lot of clunker candidates.  Part of the base, however, would rather blame conspiracies than ever cast doubt on Trump.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2022, 05:24:37 pm »
I agree with you 100%.  The results in Florida call for congratulatory comments today. Cross sabres later.

I voted for Trump twice. This shit, as you say, could keep it there.

@Bigun

@Lando Lincoln I have said here several times that Trump has my vote if he wants it. It is looking more and more like he doesn't.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2022, 05:25:48 pm »
IMHO COVID destroyed any chance of Trump balancing the budget.

Nope.

The economy was sizzling, the country was headed in the right direction

And even with that, Trump was still signing off on $1 trillion deficits paid for with freshly printed money from the FED.  There is NOTHING in anything that Trump ever said that indicated he was in favor of balancing the budget.  Nothing.  His entire business career has centered on taking advantage of bankruptcy laws.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2022, 05:26:47 pm »
Is there a Florida Senator needing replacement that will be up in time?  IMHO, he should do whatever he wants to do.

I agree 100% with ALL of that! Especially the part about COVID being created to stop Trump!

I do not. COVID was a created and intentional disaster - But it was world wide. Not merely within the US sphere. That narrow a view denies a much bigger leviathon that finally has shown itself - A much greater threat to liberty world wide.

And in not recognizing it, it can grow. And we will be facing it soon. Very soon. And it will make all our other fights for liberty pale.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2022, 05:27:34 pm »
@Lando Lincoln I have said here several times that Trump has my vote if he wants it. It is looking more and more like he doesn't.

@Bigun

He may not realize it or I am oblivious to his advanced calculus, but he is acting like he doesn’t want all the votes he could otherwise have.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2022, 05:31:59 pm »
Covid is not to blame for Trump signing off on $2 billion in federal spending going to Planned Parenthood.  Covid is not to blame for Trump continuing with Obamacare for another four years.  Covid is not to blame for $80 billion in fraud that the government knows about.

The buck has to stop with someone.  See whose name appeared on the checks from 2017-2020.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2022, 05:38:11 pm »
@Bigun

He may not realize it or I am oblivious to his advanced calculus, but he is acting like he doesn’t want all the votes he could otherwise have.

:yowsa:  :beer:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2022, 05:41:02 pm »
Why would DeSantis want to run for President?  He has a sweet gig now.  Why leave Tallahassee behind for the cesspool that awaits him in Washington?

The only hope this nation has is for someone to shut the government down, and not fund a single thing until the budget is balanced.  Trump could have been that guy.  But he chose not to be.  Whoever does it will not be popular.  But the medicine must be swallowed regardless.

:yowsa: pointing-up

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2022, 05:42:31 pm »
Covid is not to blame for Trump signing off on $2 billion in federal spending going to Planned Parenthood.  Covid is not to blame for Trump continuing with Obamacare for another four years.  Covid is not to blame for $80 billion in fraud that the government knows about.

The buck has to stop with someone.  See whose name appeared on the checks from 2017-2020.

See part of the problem with trump was his lack of political executive experience. Reagan was at least a governor. It's not like being a CEO.

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2022, 05:44:54 pm »
See part of the problem with trump was his lack of political executive experience. Reagan was at least a governor. It's not like being a CEO.
And he still has a lack of political experience and he still can't pick personnel.

Offline DB

« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2022, 05:45:34 pm »
Trump is toxic.

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2022, 05:48:16 pm »
Trump is toxic.
At this point Trump needs to fade away but who will take his place.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2022, 05:51:20 pm »
At this point Trump needs to fade away but who will take his place.

I'm sure it won't be difficult to find some else who can drive away votes.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online dfwgator

« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2022, 06:04:24 pm »
I'm afraid it's over for Trump now.  But will DeSantis step up?  Does he even want to?    And if it's not DeSantis, we are well and truly screwed, because there is nobody else out there.

Online libertybele

« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2022, 06:06:53 pm »
I'm sure it won't be difficult to find some else who can drive away votes.

I think you are being unfair. Look at where this country was under Trump and look at it now.  The election was stolen.  The GOP did nothing to push the difference between conservatism and liberalism. Ronna did nothing to get on the bandwagon to ensure fair elections.

Mitch McConnell and the RINO's are now in full swing.

Did Trump drive away voters?  Is he responsible for lack of conservative candidates running??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2022, 06:22:56 pm »
Ronna did nothing to get on the bandwagon to ensure fair elections.

Ronna wouldn't be GOP Chair if not for Trump.

Mitch McConnell and the RINO's are now in full swing.

McConnell would have been primaried in 2014 if not for Trump.

Did Trump drive away voters?

Yes.

Is he responsible for lack of conservative candidates running??

There weren't a lack of Conservative candidates running.  Trump helped defeat those candidates in primary elections.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2022, 06:24:12 pm »
After 6 + years everything is Trumps fault from those that never or rarely criticize/blame democrats/Biden, shouldn't even minimum intelligence tell you they are on Bidens side, not Conservative Republicans at all?  With assisting, aiding and abetting Biden, look at what that has brought us now?  People stupid people that gladly join that deception ought to be ashamed and keep thei4rmouths shout, not keep making the same errors endlessly.
More truth denied by BOTH sides.  De Santos won his election this time be a bigger margin than last time and the confusion of such a miracle happening!  Well clueless, De santos seriously went after election fraud last election, and with minimal voter fraud, Republicans could win big time, just like De Santos.  There was plenty of warnings of election fraud must be addressed, even by me,immediately after the Trump/Biden election, that was much ignored by both sides.  Another victory for the wicked and their useful fools cabal. Iowa took election fraud seriously and many people were seriously prosecuted, Republicans did well this election here.  So useful fools muddying the waters, this election is much easier and clearer than you stooge workers wants us to understand.
Election clarity!
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2022, 06:24:29 pm »
I'm afraid it's over for Trump now.  But will DeSantis step up?  Does he even want to?    And if it's not DeSantis, we are well and truly screwed, because there is nobody else out there.

I could definitely jump on board with a DeSantis/Noem ticket.  Not sure either wants to take on a firmly entrenched GOP Establishment (thanks to 2016).

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2022, 06:28:08 pm »
I could definitely jump on board with a DeSantis/Noem ticket.  Not sure either wants to take on a firmly entrenched GOP Establishment (thanks to 2016).

What happened at the 2016 Republican National Convention is a disgrace and the reason they will never one more red cent of my money.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2022, 06:28:26 pm »

As of now all the dirt they could dig up on DeSantis was 20 years ago he had a bad hair cut and some of his HS students didn't like him.   Expect Rape charges from anonymous sources if he try's for the Big Show.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2022, 06:31:00 pm »
What happened at the 2016 Republican National Convention is a disgrace and the reason they will never one more red cent of my money.

Ditto.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2022, 06:44:12 pm »

I can't argue with that @Bigun

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2022, 06:47:21 pm »

Yes that would be an ideal ticket.  If either of them plan on running in '24, they need to start campaigning and raising money now.  I think DeSantis would have the money machine behind him, but I agree, would either of them want to deal with the DC establishment circus of corruption?

Online libertybele

« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2022, 06:50:30 pm »
Ronna wouldn't be GOP Chair if not for Trump.

???? I wasn't aware that Trump helped Ronna.

McConnell would have been primaried in 2014 if not for Trump.

???? I don't really see any evidence that Trump helped McConnell.  If so, then what you are saying is that Trump was on the RINO bandwagon.

There weren't a lack of Conservative candidates running.  Trump helped defeat those candidates in primary elections.

I also am not aware of that...perhaps I just wasn't paying attention.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2022, 06:56:08 pm »

If Trump were looking for an exit ramp, DeSantis would be very gracious in crediting him for the boost in 2018 which undoubtedly propelled him into the governor's office.  To me it seems obvious that 2024 isn't going to end well for Trump if he launches an internecine war, or is coronated by the party only to be swamped by the rabid enemies he accumulated on the other side of the aisle.  It would be nice if his daughter talked him out of it - he seems to listen to her.